rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Zero9X

Nier Replicant ver. 1.22474487139 PS4/XBONE/STEAM

http://www.ign.com/articles/2020/03/29/nier-replicant-remaster-ver-122474487139-square-enix-nier-automata-remake-reincarnation

:wub:

Cant wait! Was and still obsessed with this game. Which is why I was disappointed with Automata.

One of the best gaming soundtracks I’ve ever heard. Bought it on release.

This is the Replicant version which was only released in Japan. Released in the west for the first time.

The original version did suffer with some technical performance problems, so it will be nice to see a nice new version of this.

Can’t wait!

This is the opening demo video from the original game - which shows some gameplay footage and music. For those that haven’t played it before.

• Upvote 2

As I mentioned in the OG Nier thread, I would have preferred Gestalt, but I’m still keen to see what this one’s like. The game’s janky as anything but mashes up so many ideas that it’s a pretty unique experience. :) 

I played Gestalt for the first time last year and it was one of the highlights of 2019 for me jank and all.

Given that they look to be smoothing out some of the rough edges I'm jealous of you who will experience this for the first time.

They'd better keep some of the voice actors though! And it had better start with "Weiss you dumbass!"

• Upvote 1

Oh, and anyone who played Automata and didn’t understand why Platinum were asking players to level up, fetch materials, go fishing or do sidequests owes it to themselves to play the original Nier. Automata was a bad character action game but I thought it was a decent Nier game, and a remaster of Replicant or Gestalt would provide context to people who never knew what they were getting into.

However, I’m pretty confident those people won’t bother with this, so :P 

• Upvote 1

I never played OG NieR, but I fucking love Automata. One of my favourite games of the generation by far. Not because of the combat but the weirdness and unique vibe and wonderful story telling and the bonkers structure and the craziness. I want more of that, don't care whether the combat is worse or whatever. I want more of DAT NIER. So yeah, I'm very excited for this after being bummed out that the 360 version never made it to BC. 

• Upvote 4

That sounds great :D It's weird with FF7 remake about to appear and blockbusters like Last of Us 2 right around the corner, I'm most excited for the likes of NieR and Disaster Report 4 (Zettai Zetsumei Thoshi of PS2 budget earthquake fame) :lol: I just love weird unpolished gems :wub:

• Upvote 2

Surely they will, given the success of Automata and now this remaster appearing. Most likely a next gen game of course at this point.

7 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I hope they make a new Nier game. 

They are!

A mobile game. 

And @Mr. Gerbik, you don't like Xenoblade, you haven't played Nier. How many new ways can you keep disappointing me, man?

(However, you get a pos for liking Disaster Report). 

I'm playing NieR soon! And I happened to be living in Japan when the first Zettai Zetsumei Toshi came out and I bought it day one after seeing a few screenshots in some gaming mag - couldn't read the accompanying text but it looked kinda like Shenmue to me, the main screenshot showed the dude on a bicycle travelling through a big Japanese city, so I bought it on that screenshot alone. Imagine my surprise :lol: But I loved it and I was there day one with that game :lol:

• Upvote 1

On 01/04/2020 at 08:45, HarryBizzle said:

I hope they make a new Nier game. 

On 01/04/2020 at 08:56, mdn2 said:

They are!

A mobile game. 

I don't think it has a thread yet but there's a bit of footage below...

I completely missed the remake news. I rinsed the original on Xbox 360 and am definitely keen to revisit, especially as it’s a different version to the one we got the first time. I haven’t played Automata yet and was keen to get to it soon but might wait to play this again first.

That mobile game footage doesn’t give much away but I’ll definitely give it a chance.

Apparently it’s free to play with micro transactions. But I don’t really come to Nier for gameplay. If the story is weird as hell and satisfying, I’ll play a crappy mobile game. 

It’s weird that they’ve chosen to remake the version that was never released in the West. The differences are so minor in terms of effort required to implement them, they could have just done both in one release and let you choose which you play. 

Is the mobile game the same game talked about in the OP? I mean is there a game coming to consoles or not?

15 minutes ago, Thwomp said:

Is the mobile game the same game talked about in the OP? 

No...but the mobile game doesn't have a thread yet (as far as I know.) There's a brand new Nier game ("Reincarnation") coming to mobile and a remaster of Replicant coming to consoles (the thing in the OP.) :) 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

I thought Platinum confirmed they’re working on Automata 2?

No, they've said nothing about it except expressing a desire to do it.