rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
mdn2

Games with Gold April 2020 - Project Cars 2 and Fable Anniversary

April's Games with Gold are Project Cars 2 and Fable Anniversary because they're showing up as free on the Microsoft store. And that's it so far. No announcement of the mid April releases yet. 

Saying that, I'm pleased with both of those. PC2 will keep my other half happy and FA is something I've always wanted to play. 

Project Cars 2

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/project-cars-2/c17sfn1nxz37?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Fable Anniversary

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/fable-anniversary/c2q32jm0bpzl?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

• Upvote 2

I tried Fable Anniversary on GamePass not too long ago and it's aged like milk. I completed Fable 2 and even 3 back in the day but I can't imagine most people will struggle through Anniversary in 2020. It even runs badly on the One X.

2 minutes ago, Majora said:

I tried Fable Anniversary on GamePass not too long ago and it's aged like milk. I completed Fable 2 and even 3 back in the day but I can't imagine most people will struggle through Anniversary in 2020. It even runs badly on the One X.

I've not tried it yet myself, but it is X Enhanced if you have a One X. 

I always remember enjoying the first Fable back on the original Xbox, so I will definitely give this a go. Don't think I ever managed to complete 2 or 3. 

Nice one, I would hope PC have sorted out the controller support. I bought it on launch for PS4 and spent most of the time with it looking online for controller setups. It was infuriating so I traded it. The game was pretty decent if not for that nonsense.

Pretty poor month, but it's probably quite hard for the team finding something that's not been given away before or not on Gamepass.

4 hours ago, mdn2 said:

I've not tried it yet myself, but it is X Enhanced if you have a One X. 

I always remember enjoying the first Fable back on the original Xbox, so I will definitely give this a go. Don't think I ever managed to complete 2 or 3. 

It still runs badly on the X.

I now have 2 copies of PC2 on PC (one i bought, one came with a humble bundle). Do i install on Xbox as well ?

By the way , I'm happy to steam gift the other PC one.

Edit . now gone.

• Upvote 2

For completionists Fable Anniversary has one unobtainable achievement which is tied directly to the use of the obsolete Xbox 360 Smartglass app.

Still a great game though, even if it has aged somewhat. 

This is my first week on Games with Gold, so I need to add the games to library like ps4 to keep them? Or do they just add themselves?

You need to add Project Cars 2 and Fable. 'Buy' them from the link in the post - they should be showing for free. The Xbox One games are like PSPlus games and you'll keep them for the entirety of your subscription. The 360 games you get to keep forever. 

The other games show up halfway through the month. You'll need to add them then. 

18 hours ago, dave7g said:

Nice one, cheers.

Also the 360 games are yours to keep forever (once "bought"), whereas the Xbox One games are just rentals for the period of your subscription, same as PS+.

Playstation owners are getting Uncharted 4 while we are getting this utter crap.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

That's an improvement, I never played Blinx, I own Toybox.

• Upvote 1

Hands up if you’d bought pcars2 (and Tekken7) for a fiver back in January, and still not played it :bye:

• Upvote 2

Was that Blinx inclusion/replacement from Truachievements an April Fool? Toybox Turbos is available to download this morning.

edit- Just checked and it was posted April 3 so guess not. I wonder why they thought it would be Blinx? if it is tomorrow get downloading Toybox Turbos while it's showing as free.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/toybox-turbos/bwgc8wzs9ssj?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

• Upvote 1

On 03/04/2020 at 22:55, SeanR said:

Hands up if you’d bought pcars2 (and Tekken7) for a fiver back in January, and still not played it :bye:

I ended up trading them in for £9. 

Toybox Turbos is surprisingly decent. Very Micro Machines. 

• Upvote 1

Toybox Turbos scratches the Micro Machines /Mashed itch, but the music is HORRENDOUS. Glad there is an option to turn it off as I think I may have had to pierce my eardrums otherwise. 

• Upvote 1

On 15/04/2020 at 16:38, Revival said:

Was that Blinx inclusion/replacement from Truachievements an April Fool? Toybox Turbos is available to download this morning.

There's a message on my Xbox from MS, apologising for the mix up. I'm actually pretty disappointed it isn't Blinx as I've always been strangely curious about it.

• Upvote 1