Super Mario 3D All-Stars - Everybody Loves Sunshine starring Mario (in HD)

I hope the physical cartridge for 3D All-Stars actually has all the game data for all 3 games on it, or else what's the point of buying an artificially scarce physical item? Preordered... because I'm a fool and  throw away money... despite feeling disappointed that they didn't make more effort on SM64, and the price, and the lack of Galaxy 2, and the weird limited release date.

I also simply need to own that shiny Game & Watch physical object. I thought it would only be available from the Nintendo store so I went to the trouble of creating an account and pre-ordering it there -- it's weird, I assumed my Nintendo login would work, but they must be completely different stores. Then a day later I see it's up on Amazon anyway (for £5 more though). I'm almost stupid enough to pre-order on Amazon too, in case "one store fails me"... that's the manipulative psychological effect of artificial scarcity at work. Then I'll forget to cancel one order, and whoops I have a spare.

I have amazon vouchers but still not sure about the game and watch. I've far too many ways to play Super Mario Bros. and I don't really have a lot of nostalgia for Game and Watches as although I'm totally the right age my tight parents never got me one. 

2 hours ago, SqueakyG said:

I thought it would only be available from the Nintendo store so I went to the trouble of creating an account and pre-ordering it there -- it's weird, I assumed my Nintendo login would work, but they must be completely different stores.

There is a nintendo store login which is different to the regular Nintendo login. 

Please understand. 

4 hours ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Time-limiting the Mario compilation is one of the least Nintendo things that Nintendo have done in recent history. I mean, you can still (just about) buy brand new copies of Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land, games both nine years ago. You normally don’t have to be in any sort of rush to buy first-party Nintendo games. They’ve gone weird. :wacko:

Wasn’t the Wii version of Super Mario All-Stars also a time limited release in a similar manner to this?

58 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

There is a nintendo store login which is different to the regular Nintendo login. 

Please understand. 

I'm alright with it. Nintendo having my N.account is one thing but the Hut having it would be quite another. They must use a lot of national vendors and it's probably best to have a blanket lock on sharing.

5 hours ago, AI1 said:

Regarding this time limited move, didn't Disney do the same thing with their movie home releases? I'm sure that was a thing for some reason.

Edit: Yes it was called The Vault program.

Here

This is why every ex-retail employee who worked on DVD sections winces when they hear the words "The Lion King".

4 hours ago, SqueakyG said:

I hope the physical cartridge for 3D All-Stars actually has all the game data for all 3 games on it, or else what's the point of buying an artificially scarce physical item?

Can't imagine it won't. The games are only around 5GB in total.

1 hour ago, gossi the dog said:

Wasn’t the Wii version of Super Mario All-Stars also a time limited release in a similar manner to this?

It was the 50Hz version as well but it did at least include an art book. New Super Luigi U was a limited standalone physical releasl before it was included in later copies of NSMBU but I think this is the first time the digital release has had a short availability window.

7 hours ago, SqueakyG said:

I hope the physical cartridge for 3D All-Stars actually has all the game data for all 3 games on it, or else what's the point of buying an artificially scarce physical item? Preordered... because I'm a fool and  throw away money... despite feeling disappointed that they didn't make more effort on SM64, and the price, and the lack of Galaxy 2, and the weird limited release date.

I also simply need to own that shiny Game & Watch physical object. I thought it would only be available from the Nintendo store so I went to the trouble of creating an account and pre-ordering it there -- it's weird, I assumed my Nintendo login would work, but they must be completely different stores. Then a day later I see it's up on Amazon anyway (for £5 more though). I'm almost stupid enough to pre-order on Amazon too, in case "one store fails me"... that's the manipulative psychological effect of artificial scarcity at work. Then I'll forget to cancel one order, and whoops I have a spare.

thanks so much. I thought I missed the boat. 
just put an order in on amazon. 

The physicality of object’s matters. I’ves cheap Chinese knock off game boy that plays all the Marios. But this will actually get played. 

i actually hope it doesn’t have Save  states. They’re too tempting. 

On 30/07/2020 at 18:26, APM said:
3 hours ago, Marlew said:

Had a few pints, my wife's birthday, she's gone the bog so I'll got the Mario Game and Watch. I won't remember this tomorrow so I'll be fuckin psyched when it appears through my letterbox. 

This the beauty of games. 

I admire the scientific equation that contributed towards your eventual solution here.

I’ve only just seen this and I’m really late to the modern day Nintendo party - I bought a wii u a few months ago and don’t own a switch yet. 

So I’m probably insane to want to buy this despite owning all 3 games already right? 

6 hours ago, carleton said:

Genuinely amazed by both the negativity and the idea that porting these games to Switch is ‘pressing a button’. I’d have paid full whack for Galaxy on its own so I’m really excited. Never played Sunshine and only a bit of 64 so looking forward to those.

I think everyone would prefer new textures or even a full makeover in Mario 64’s case but I think we need to lower our expectations during these times, if up res’d versions of three of the finest games ever made are all we’re going to get in 2020 then we’re not doing too badly imo.

7 hours ago, carleton said:

Genuinely amazed by both the negativity and the idea that porting these games to Switch is ‘pressing a button’. I’d have paid full whack for Galaxy on its own so I’m really excited. Never played Sunshine and only a bit of 64 so looking forward to those.

It may not be pressing a button but at the same time it's also not designing a game from scratch.

Compare the work that was put into the TP and WW remasters compared to these though. It doesn't look like these Mario games are getting any QOL improvements (Sunshine absolutely needs some) and the visual enhancements are the absolute bare minimum you'd expect (and in the case of Mario 64 only running at 4:3 720p, not even that).

The Zelda remasters cost more per title but I would pay more for the same level of care to have been given to these games also. Galaxy really does only need the upgrade to HD I think but so much more could have been done with 64 and Sunshine.

18 hours ago, SqueakyG said:

I hope the physical cartridge for 3D All-Stars actually has all the game data for all 3 games on it, or else what's the point of buying an artificially scarce physical item?

Ninty have yet to pull that trick, as much as it's disturbingly common on Switch and it's not like this one will need a gigantic cart so I suspect we're ok.

12 hours ago, MagicalDrop said:

Guess I'll need to make some space 

IMG_0143.thumb.JPG.7190e47565871e7f2e2d2a56592e2aa3.jpeg

It's nice to see these again :) I've still got the set of pictures you gave me for a video last year.

• Mr. Gerbik changed the title to Super Mario 3D All-Stars - Everybody Loves Sunshine starring Mario (in HD)