Super Mario 3D All-Stars - patch adds invert options and GC pad support in Sunshine

24 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

And then I have two accounts with games spread over them? Nope.

Can I change my main account region and change back?

Once bought you can play the game on your main account. 

OK, Japanese version unlocked fine, English language throughout. Games play exactly as expected, Sunshine and Galaxy do look a touch smarter. 64 is as I remember, which equates to a bit smarter in reality. 

I'm going to play them in order and instruct my son to do so as well. 

I've never really played 64 apart from a few minutes on an emulator but have not played Galaxy, but have played Galaxy 2. I'm hoping my aging brain can get to grips with the camera in Sunshine all over again though. 

Looking forward to Sunshine &  Galaxy, played about 75% of both of them at release, try and finish them this time! Ive never really give 64 a proper go, played 15-20 minutes way after release and just felt like it was running around some fields not doing much...bit basic

22 minutes ago, scottcr said:

People need to plug their GameCube back into an old CRT and remind themselves of how Sunshine used to look. It’s the game that has improved the most in the update 

Yep. We didn't even have progressive scan back in those days.

32 minutes ago, scottcr said:

People need to plug their GameCube back into an old CRT and remind themselves of how Sunshine used to look. It’s the game that has improved the most in the update 

It certainly looked so from the DF video - the comparison of the 4:3 with massive HUD vs 16:9 with teensy weensy HUD especially. 

11 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

I really didn't like Sunsine and I'm contemplating getting this, if only to see if I still don't like Sunshine. What is wrong with me :(

The lad with the weird voice from GameXplain said he had a strong dislike of Mario Sunshine but got enjoyment out of it in this. I played it in Japanese on Gamecube so I'm looking forward to understanding understanding the words.

Sunshine is probably the most variable in terms of visual quality/fidelity. The cut scenes look a bit soft/filtered and the actual game seems a bit sharp (to me), although I'm not massively familiar with it. The GC softness and low-res help to round off the aesthetic, to my tastes. This looks like the original textures uprezzed in a way that was never quite intended. It's like choosing pixel perfect display options for games which were designed for CRT screens. The precision isn't an asset, it highlights the deficiencies somewhat. 

SM64 looks great. Galaxy looks fantastic. Sunshine is a tad weird. 

31 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

The lad with the weird voice from GameXplain said he had a strong dislike of Mario Sunshine but got enjoyment out of it in this. I played it in Japanese on Gamecube so I'm looking forward to understanding the words.

I played it in Japanese too, then got the US version when I got my GC switched, but I remember finding the camera and the whole blue coin hunt took the shine (hoho) off a mainline Mario platforming game. And yes - I know, not-so-hot take. I guess I've got until March to crumble. I probably won't last that long, though.

I'm going Sunshine first although I daresay I'll dabble in the others before I finish it. This is largely because I've been humming the Delfino Plaza tune since the collection was announced. 

1 hour ago, joffocakes said:

The lad with the weird voice from GameXplain said he had a strong dislike of Mario Sunshine but got enjoyment out of it in this. I played it in Japanese on Gamecube so I'm looking forward to understanding understanding the words.

Same thing for me...if I buy it that is.

I bought the game digitally, should unlock in 12 minutes or so (CET), but I have the physical JP version on its way as well, for the collection. And also because of the name, Super Mario 3D Collection. Silly reason, I know.

Played 64 for about twelve stars or so. It's still great; definitely some awkward camera moments though, particularly when it shifts position while trying to collect coins on slopes.

Was gonna get all the stars on Bob-Omb Battlefield before moving on but the 100 coins one is a pain without the wing cap.

Mario!

Can you not change the camera controls in Sunshine?  This may dictate whether I buy. Think I’ve beaten Mario 64 5 times , sunshine 3 and Galaxy 2. Tried sunshine again recently on GC and found the camera u playable nowadays

• Mr. Gerbik changed the title to Super Mario 3D All-Stars - patch adds invert options and GC pad support in Sunshine