Super Mario 3D All-Stars - The Chris Pratt Collection

Mr. Gerbik

41 minutes ago, Triple A said:

So I downloaded this on original release.

Got OLED Switch, sold original Switch, and redownloaded all my old games, except this one which I can no longer find. Is there an eShop related workaround?

It’s not on the eShop for sale, so if you’re looking for it that way you won’t find it. Should be in the Redownload section of your account (select your Mii) though.

22 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

It’s not on the eShop for sale, so if you’re looking for it that way you won’t find it. Should be in the Redownload section of your account (select your Mii) though.

Ah so you select your Mii - that's the bit I struggled with. OK thanks will give it a go

11 hours ago, f2097 said:

I'm riding this wave. Always liked sunshine the best out of the 3D Mario games and did not get on with galaxy at all. Sunshine has higher highs and controls better.

I've never understood the love for Galaxy. They looked at the gorgeous expansive worlds of Mario 64 and thought "What about we take these but make them tiny balls and then rig the camera so you can see fuck all and then shoe horn in some motion controls you don't want.

Galaxy is a phenomenal but PyramidFace is right about the long jump sapping momentum, it's one of my biggest disappointments with that game. Skating on ice is superb though.

Sliding on your belly in Sunshine is excellent fun too but unfortunately does not make up for everything else.

1 hour ago, Super Craig said:

OK I did some more poking around - confirming/clarifying the route as;

- make sure you've signed in

- go to eShop

- go to Account Information

- go to Redownload

The game/s then show/s in the list, if you didn't already redownload via another route.

53 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I've never understood the love for Galaxy. They looked at the gorgeous expansive worlds of Mario 64 and thought "What about we take these but make them tiny balls and then rig the camera so you can see fuck all and then shoe horn in some motion controls you don't want.

Give me tighter Mario levels than expansive ones any fucking day.

9 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

Give me tighter Mario levels than expansive ones any fucking day.

Probably best you don’t play Odyssey then.

3 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Odyssey is almost certainly my favourite of the 3D Mario games. 

An incredible game, and it’s about time for another I think - it’s the only actual new Mario we’ve had in four years, 2D or 3D. 

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

The motion controls are rubbish for sure - but some of the level design is so so tight.

Perhaps people want fan service, but the way Galaxy plays with a proper 3D space and makes it easy to navigate is absolute genius.

It was also a really smart use of less powerful hardware.

Technically and from a design standpoint it's immense.

34 minutes ago, Popo said:

I never thought I’d live to see the day when people would be dunking on Galaxy. 

"This customer segment also rated Resident Evil 4 as 'so-so'"

2 hours ago, Dudley said:

In retrospect, Super Mario Galaxy lead to Super Mario 3D Land and Super Mario 3D World more directly than it did Super Mario Odyssey. If you think about it.

9 hours ago, Hamus said:

The motion controls are rubbish for sure - but some of the level design is so so tight.

Perhaps people want fan service, but the way Galaxy plays with a proper 3D space and makes it easy to navigate is absolute genius.

It was also a really smart use of less powerful hardware.

Technically and from a design standpoint it's immense.

There's tight and there's claustrophobic and for me Galaxy was way past the line to the latter when I played it in 2008 and 2020.