Rogue Legacy 2 Announced

mdn2

My favourite class right now is the boxer. Really enjoying the game but only 2 bosses down so far. Have explored several areas though, and glad they added the house rules thing which I may use if it becomes too much of a struggle.

Ranger just clicked for me.  Did the 2nd boss and got to a new area. And nabbed 12k gold in the same run. 

Just unlocked Astromagus.

And this game is pure gaming crack soooo addictive. 

• 1 month later...

I think it's great but I hit a real wall with one of the bosses.  

Spoiler

Estuary Enoch and his two fucking two different modes.

After 40+ attempts the random rolls, the characters with the one hit insta deaths and the fucking LOL graphical effects, plus the teleporting to get to a zone really starts grating.  Which is a shame as I was loving my play through until then.

Thankfully they have a house rules mode to lower enemy strength and increase yours, but it was an off the cliff moment for what would otherwise be one of my top 5 games of the year.

Boooooo.

• 1 month later...

Surprised this isn't getting more attention here. Not just an incremental sequel to cash in on the success of the first. Really polished. More of the same, but with many enhancements and improvements. Real "can't put it down" material.

I’ve defeated the first boss, not sure how to make it through the second area.

Do you need a character with a double jump to make it to the top?

I’m specifically on about the very beginning of the second section - there’s a building to ascend with lots of vines growing through.

You need to go to Axis Mundi, that's the next area. It'll be off to the right of the first one. You only need dash and spin kick to access it.

I have thoughts on this game but I need a lot longer to write them down.

• 3 months later...

Out on switch now so will pick this up, rogue legacy is the only rogue lite I can say I've genuinely enjoyed in its entirety but I will wait for a sale as full price is too much for any game these days. 

There is definitely potential, yeah. It could also actually be Microsoft's policy of having an "exclusive" game for a certain period as well. I think microsoft have this stipulation where, if the game didn't come out first on xbox (or at least at the same time) then the game needs to have unique content not seen on rival platforms. Also, many indie games could have signed an exclusive deal to one platform or another (which is why Spelunky 2 wasn't on xbox for over a year).

At the very least, if you have a title come out for xbox and not playstation, or visa versa, then the most likely explanation is that money exchanged hands.

13 hours ago, bumgut said:

many indie titles now where the ps4 version is long behind other platforms in releasing.

many such cases.

is it sony’s unfriendly publishing policies?

Sony getting rid of their indie outreach team more like. There was a story a few years back before the PS5 launched that they had done so. They've reformed it more recently but that team has had to effectively start from square one.

On 10/11/2022 at 03:31, bumgut said:

many indie titles now where the ps4 version is long behind other platforms in releasing.

many such cases.

is it sony’s unfriendly publishing policies?

There were some stats a while back that Switch versions usually provide something like 70-80% of the sales of multiplatform indies. Of course you'd put your game where the money is first.