Valorant - F2P competitive FPS by Riot - out now!

PK

16 hours ago, gooner4life said:

cheers dude, he’s conscious not to overdo it on the effects and over edit the video, but he also doesn’t want to put content up with no effort to it.

That’s the balance. People love a bit of face and voice, has he thought about streaming?

Oh yeah definitely, but just streaming with friends or alone is a great way to create more content for YouTube highlights, even if nobody watches the original stream. It’s all baffling though, with views on individual videos meaning little if they don’t lead to people watching your other stuff. My most viewed YouTube video has like 30k views, and was a top google search result for a bit. Most of my videos have a solid 5 views, even ones I spent hours on. The 30k one is low effort, but didn’t lead to higher views on similar videos. It’s so confusing.

Edit: Lead my team to victory for the first time!

976036227_Screenshot(140).thumb.png.713a0b707fd996cdfaacfc0a0d640b83.png

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I was having fun with this but it looks like I've played enough of it to end up with horrible, toxic cunts. Every match is just people yelling or writing messages telling me I'm shit, which makes it pretty much impossible to play, and none of my reports for this seem to count as anything that is serious enough to take action against, so I guess maybe I'll stop bothering. I'm going to try to finish off the battle pass, and maybe play it with friends, but I don't think I can play games like this for any length of time because they honestly just leave me feeling like shit about myself. It's a real shame as I love the gameplay and the maps, but I play at awkward, infrequent times so can't play regularly with the same people, and the community that this type of game attracts, even in unranked, is fucking horrible.

46 minutes ago, Broker said:

Well, I was having fun with this but it looks like I've played enough of it to end up with horrible, toxic cunts. Every match is just people yelling or writing messages telling me I'm shit, which makes it pretty much impossible to play, and none of my reports for this seem to count as anything that is serious enough to take action against, so I guess maybe I'll stop bothering. I'm going to try to finish off the battle pass, and maybe play it with friends, but I don't think I can play games like this for any length of time because they honestly just leave me feeling like shit about myself. It's a real shame as I love the gameplay and the maps, but I play at awkward, infrequent times so can't play regularly with the same people, and the community that this type of game attracts, even in unranked, is fucking horrible.

All online games are like this now, everybody is ultra competitive thinking they will make money from the game.

• 3 months later...

Is anyone still playing this? I've been completely addicted over the last two seasons. Finished last season on verified Silver 1 and just hit Gold today.

Would love to get a game with the forum if timings allow.

Yep, still playing! I got really addicted to it for a while, just like with CS. I now go through phases of playing it a lot, then getting tired of the voice comms twattery and not bothering with it for a while. I'm massively inconsistent, so in Competitive I'm alternating between Plat 2 and Silver 2 :lol:

Would definitely be up for some forum games too.

• 7 months later...

Anyone caught any of the VCT Berlin Masters going on this week? The level of play is absolutely insane. 

The pre-tourny press conference also featured this gem from Benkai of Paper Rex :D