Animal Crossing Turnip Exchange

17 minutes ago, SteveH said:

What am I missing here....why do people on Turnip Exchange ask for Nook Miles Tokens when they are so freely available?

Because they're greedy idiots.

7 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Damn I’ve not had the pleasure, do I have to do anything to get her to appear? 

She's so far not in the game, but Nintendo could add her in a future update.

9 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Damn I’ve not had the pleasure, do I have to do anything to get her to appear? 

The real answer is https://turnipprophet.io/ - fill in your daily prices for tantalising glimpses of what might be until your hopes are crushed by about Thursday.

1 hour ago, SteveH said:

What am I missing here....why do people on Turnip Exchange ask for Nook Miles Tokens when they are so freely available?

It's pure greed. I've seen people asking for 500k bells per trip. I've also seen people asking for Lily of the Valley flowers, blue and gold roses, green mums and rare/expensive furniture as well as gold tools. 

I've got no idea how anyone thinks it's a good idea to ask for these things as getting these kind of things for free takes a lot of the fun and excitement out of the game. 

Now that I've paid down all possible Nook loans it's the chase for new flowers and items that's keeping me playing daily still. 
I overlooked the entire flower part of the game for the first month so I've only just started. I doubt I'll see a blue rose in a while but I've managed to get a dozen gold roses and a single purple rose. The excitement when I boot up the game every morning makes the game more fun for me, what if there is a new flower? 

Last friday, my wife had a good turnip price in the AM, it was just over 600 bells per nip. As most on here had sold earlier in the week, I opened the island on Turnip Exchange and didn't ask for anything in the description. About 40% of the visitors decided to leave a tip, most of them dropped a 99k bag while others dropped anything between 3k and 50k. Even with only 40% of the visitors dropping a tip, my missus came home to 2.7 million bells in her account so she was very happy indeed. I simply don't understand how anyone would demand more profit than people are willing to give. 

@Rayn Cheers for that :) I did wonder if something like the Nook Miles maybe were a finite supply, but yeah, having a look around that Turnip Exchange (I haven't used it, I just had a nosey) some of the demands from people is unbelievable. 

Like you, I don't see the point really. I'm enjoying playing at my own pace and discovering things as they come along. I think I'm missing just two fossils now to complete that section of the museum, but I'm happy to wait for them to pop up one day :) 

Just now, SteveH said:

@Rayn Cheers for that :) I did wonder if something like the Nook Miles maybe were a finite supply, but yeah, having a look around that Turnip Exchange (I haven't used it, I just had a nosey) some of the demands from people is unbelievable. 

Like you, I don't see the point really. I'm enjoying playing at my own pace and discovering things as they come along. I think I'm missing just two fossils now to complete that section of the museum, but I'm happy to wait for them to pop up one day :) 

If you should turn restless about it and just want it over with, give me a shout and I'll pop over with whatever you're missing (given I've actually have it, but the odds are good). Any excuse to come visit you again, I haven't been to yours since the day you got Mabels' shop, I think. 

1 hour ago, Rayn said:

If you should turn restless about it and just want it over with, give me a shout and I'll pop over with whatever you're missing (given I've actually have it, but the odds are good). Any excuse to come visit you again, I haven't been to yours since the day you got Mabels' shop, I think. 

Yeah there's tons more to see :ph34r::unsure: I should really just leave my gates open more anyway as I'm always near my Switch.

1 minute ago, Broker said:

I really don’t get why NMT are a currency, do they sell for much? Like what’s the point of demanding 300? 

One NMT sells for 10k bells at the cranny so if someone demands 300 NMTs, they are practically demanding 3 million bells :blink: 

1 hour ago, Rayn said:

One NMT sells for 10k bells at the cranny so if someone demands 300 NMTs, they are practically demanding 3 million bells :blink: 

It would take you hours to print out that many tickets as well, you'd think Nook has made enough money put a decent printer in the machine. I also wish I'd known this earlier because when I previously spent all my bells on turnips I was using  exchanging Nook Miles for the 3k bell ticket to raise funds. 

You could also argue that if you have a price of 600 the choice is...

• Charge nothing (or a very low fee) and make a fortune through volume but have your game locked up doing this all day.
  • Charge a massive fee and just have a few rich visitors

I mean personally I’d never post a turnip price publicly to the site because whilst I’d spend time letting people here use my island, I wouldn’t do it for large numbers of strangers.

35 minutes ago, ryodi said:

It would take you hours to print out that many tickets as well, you'd think Nook has made enough money put a decent printer in the machine. I also wish I'd known this earlier because when I previously spent all my bells on turnips I was using  exchanging Nook Miles for the 3k bell ticket to raise funds. 

Bell tickets are a better exchange for bells.

5 hours ago, Rayn said:

Oh, that’s why a few people were leaving me NMTs as tips when I had a high sell price the other week! I was thinking “kinda cool, cos I’ll use them eventually, but I’ve got like 90,000 Nook points so don’t really get why it’s so common to be gifted these!”.

5 hours ago, Broker said:

I really don’t get why NMT are a currency, do they sell for much? Like what’s the point of demanding 300? 

Because they are a limited resource And therefore a tradable currency which isn’t so affected by inflation.

They are used to spam trips to Nook islands to bag desirable villagers.

628 bells per turnip on fishing today.

Just opening to some friends for a bit and then aiming to open from 2pm for "a while".

Watch this space.

Edit: planning to do a private queue on that website whose name I forget.

I have 306 bells for the turnips on my island this afternoon.  The turnip predictor (although didnt predict this spike) seems to suggest thats as high as it will go.  Im gonna offload some at that to save the hassle of the merry go round.  If anyone fancies it Dodo code is 4F5CW, gates are open.

3 minutes ago, Flams said:

Just opening to some friends for a bit and then aiming to open from 2pm for "a while".

Watch this space.

Ooh, I don't think we're friends on AC yet but I'd love to get involved in that price please!

P.s. just found you on the spread sheet and sent a friend request :)

ive been playing for ages in comparison to your play activity I noticed, so happy to help out an early player with whatever if you'd rather not the 10% tip

@flams I have always admired you from afar! I have sent a friend request, but seriously, if you get too many requests from people already on your list then ignore me :) 

42 minutes ago, Flams said:

Watch this space.

Edit: planning to do a private queue on that website whose name I forget.

Hello new friend!