Animal Crossing Turnip Exchange

Don't recognise either name from here or AC. I was expecting a nightmare and I know people have had interference but I managed to get in, sell a load and get out in a few minutes, with under ten on the website, though it took ages to remove me from it.

2 minutes ago, Hubertus Bigend said:

Just hypothetically, if I get a high price for turnips on my island, what are the potential issues with just opening the floodgates to everyone and advertising the Dodo code on here without the Turnip Exchange in the middle?

Can people take stuff and cut down all the trees? Is there the prospect of vindictive people screwing up your island?

No one can wreck your island. Everyone piles in at once, no one can move for people coming and going, interference everywhere, dogs and cats living together, etc.

10 minutes ago, Hubertus Bigend said:

Just hypothetically, if I get a high price for turnips on my island, what are the potential issues with just opening the floodgates to everyone and advertising the Dodo code on here without the Turnip Exchange in the middle?

Can people take stuff and cut down all the trees? Is there the prospect of vindictive people screwing up your island?

Only best friends can dig up or chop stuff, but twats can still run through flowers. You could always put temporary fencing around anything you don't want people going.

14 minutes ago, Hubertus Bigend said:

@Flams Sorry, is this Turnip Exchange queue I'm 21st out of 29 in still valid or has something changed?

I have 3-4 trips left to do so will be 20+ minutes btw. I shan't darken anyone else's doorstep again after my stalk market excess (probably, if I can keep away...).

I'm guessing you're going to have at least 20M bells by tonight. There really isn't that much stuff in the game to spend it on. Why the big number? 

11 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

I'm guessing you're going to have at least 20M bells by tonight. There really isn't that much stuff in the game to spend it on. Why the big number? 

I went mad for turnips during the first year or so of New Leaf, I soon started to buy less and less. But I did end up with 143 million bells. 

1 hour ago, Hubertus Bigend said:

OMG - and the shit people gave me for being in there for a mere 30-something minutes, hustling as quickly as I could!

I'm embarrassed for you, Ade. You've brought shame on this community.

Sorry guys/gals. Didn’t stay there for that long. Honest. Connection was dropping and stuttering. Was very weird. 

edit : and I didn’t even get to sell my nips lol.

2 minutes ago, Popo said:

Oh no, I got disconnected! And the Dodo code doesn't work anymore?  Just as I got to the island too.

Me too. Queued for well over an hour too. Gotta go to work now too :( Ah well. 

5 hours ago, Flams said:

628 bells per turnip on fishing today.

Just opening to some friends for a bit and then aiming to open from 2pm for "a while".

Watch this space.

Edit: planning to do a private queue on that website whose name I forget.

Will you be open at 8ish?

Thanks @Flams - (optimistically) back in the queue for a 2nd visit to sell my last lot of turnips.

When you are visiting another island and someone else is landing, is there any way to skip their plane arrival info screen?