Animal Crossing 'Open Islands' Contest - Final RESULTS now being posted - currently showing 1st place

Jamie John

Right then, with no further ado, I give you the judging teams!

Team Leif

@NexivRed

@spanx

@Alan Stock

@Mr Do 71

Team Redd

@bimbam

@Uncle Mike  & Mrs Uncle Mike

@Made of Ghosts

@bradigor

Team Blathers

@Kramer

Mrs letsbook

@thesnwmn

@Ry

Team Isabelle

@letsbook

@Lyrical Donut

Skittles' partner

@CovisGod

Team Sable

@skittles

@mrpranny

@KRP

The group stage is now open!

What happens now?

Teams have until 9pm Sunday 10 May to visit each other's islands for judging.

• Team members can visit solo or in groups - whichever is easiest to organise - and each member should endeavour to visit each other member in their group's island at least once during the week.
  • If a visit proves completely impossible to organise then a team member can share photos/videos of their island with the other members (either in this thread or by group PM), but, really, try to visit each other.
  • Non-competitors are obviously free to visit the competitors' islands as much or as little as competitors open them (you might want to accompany other competing team members on their visits, for example).

Individual team members have until 9pm Monday 10 May to PM me with their one favourite island AND their one runner up favourite.

• What you determine is your 'favourite' island is entirely up to you - there are no criteria: it's down to your own individual subjective opinion.
  • I've decided to scrap categories - it's too complicated - so everyone is voting for the same thing now: best overall island, including homes.
  • No voting for your own island.
  • When you PM me, please let me know what team you're in so I can keep track of whose votes I'm waiting on.
  • Please can you also take a couple of screenshots of your favourite island and send them to me with your vote so that I've got some stuff for the results threads.
  • No tactical voting bollocks - just vote for whose island you like the most.

And after that?

• Once I have all the votes I will announce the winners of the group stage. A favourite island will win two points and a runner-up favourite will win one. In the event of a tie-breaker situation...I'll come up with something.
  • Once the group stage is over, we'll move onto the finals where the winner from each team form up as finalists and judge each other's islands, before an overall winner is announced, probably at some point w/c 18th May.

(If anyone can see any major errors with any of the above then please let me know.)

Good luck, competitors. Let the contest begin!

^_^

1 minute ago, Jamie John said:

Teams have until 9pm Monday 10 May to PM me with their one favourite island AND their runner up favourite.

To clarify, you mean the individuals PM you, not the team

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

What do you mean - people can judge/vote for your island but you can't judge/vote for theirs?

Yeah I was just thinking I wouldn't mind if a couple of people fancied visiting to nose around, but wouldn't necessarily have time to do judging myself.

5 minutes ago, Benny said:

Yeah I was just thinking I wouldn't mind if a couple of people fancied visiting to nose around, but wouldn't necessarily have time to do judging myself.

That would potentially take votes away from other people, though, because others in your group could vote for your island but you wouldn't be voting for anyone. The number of votes to members needs to be balanced for it to be fair I think.

Do you really think you won't be able to visit 3 islands in the next 7 days? What if you aimed to visit 1 or 2 and the owners of the ones you don't manage to visit send you pics/vids and you vote based on that?

There's a place in Team Sable with your name on it, Benny!

My island (Jiggy at Shadyglade) will be open for judging later today for judges @spanx @Mr Do 71 @NexivRed and any other friends who wish to pop by. I'll also be opening later in the week (probably Thursday and Friday) when I'm not working, and after judging I'll open up via Dodo Code.

As I have a few bits featuring turnips I'm hoping to get viewings done before Friday or Saturday so I have a chance to sell.

Other members of team Leif, does Thursday or Friday sound good for popping round to judge your island's?

32 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

My island (Jiggy at Shadyglade) will be open for judging later today for judges @spanx @Mr Do 71 @NexivRed and any other friends who wish to pop by. I'll also be opening later in the week (probably Thursday and Friday) when I'm not working, and after judging I'll open up via Dodo Code.

As I have a few bits featuring turnips I'm hoping to get viewings done before Friday or Saturday so I have a chance to sell.

Other members of team Leif, does Thursday or Friday sound good for popping round to judge your island's?

Sounds good, I'll open this evening too. Maybe you can all give my rose farm a water too (blue roses in it for you once I am reliably farming them)

9 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

@Alan Stock @spanx @Mr Do 71 is there any way to have a group pm? As I was wondering about chatting together to maybe arrange to still have the categories? Just for our group round? 
Wondered if any of you would be interested in that. 

Yeah there is - we have a small flower watering group on PM. Worth setting up

18 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

Btw, how are we judging? Marks out of 5? 10? Did I miss that part?

You simply pick your favourite and runner up in your group and PM them to Jamie John. Criteria are your own.

11 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

Oh okay. Difficult for those of us with memories likes sieves. I’ll have to make notes lol. 

Just went to judge Uncle Mikes awesome place and took a bunch of pics and videos using the Switch screenshot thing

2 hours ago, bimbam said:

Just went to judge Uncle Mikes awesome place and took a bunch of pics and videos using the Switch screenshot thing

Yes, please remember to do this, judges, then you can PM me some pics of your favourite islands when you send me your votes, which I will then cherry pick from for the results thread.

If you tag me when you're organising your visits or when you're open, I'll do my best to come along to as many as I can, too. I'm typically free most evenings. Sometimes noonish as well when the little monster has his nap.

I'm glad people have been visiting between themselves already ^_^

I’ve really dropped a bollock with this. Decided two days ago that I wanted to completely re design the vast majority of my island and it currently looks like Demalicé has been in a nuclear war.....

I’ll try to get it atleast presentable as quick as poss

48 minutes ago, skittles said:

Well @mrpranny place is absolutely magical and I want to drop out already.

Your place is grand, super very jealous of a bunch of things in yours and KRP's islands and houses. I want more island space and rooms to fit it all in