Animal Crossing 'Open Islands' Contest - Final RESULTS now being posted - currently showing 1st place

Jamie John

Final day for island visits, folks! I've had a few votes in now but still lots to go, so keep 'em coming. Some fantastic screenshots :)

If people are really going to struggle to get their visits in today then let me know and I might be able to extend the deadline by a day or so, but I don't want to keep doing this as it delays results and the finalists' round.

5 minutes ago, jonnyalpha said:

As a non-competitor we'd love to come and visit some super swanky islands today. Has anyone got their airport open?

Mines open, not sure if fits super swanky but feel free to pop over, jamesh - Ellijess

Friend code if we’re not friends is 3054-6535-9129

Hopefully see you soon 

3 minutes ago, bimbam said:

Mines open, not sure if fits super swanky but feel free to pop over, jamesh - Ellijess

Friend code if we’re not friends is 3054-6535-9129

Hopefully see you soon 

We'll send a friend request

3 hours ago, bimbam said:

Just trying to figure out how to get screenshots from my Switch on to here then I’ll get my votes over

You can just take a pic with your phone to the tv of course, but best is to put your memory card into a reader on your pc. ( turn off your switch fully before removing)

Many thanks to those of you who have got your votes in - all teams have now had at least one member cast their votes. I've started to tally up the results and some groups are very close, with the winner to be decided by the final group member's vote!

If anyone wants to come and see my island in its competition entry state, feel free to pop over. Sahara is wandering around, there's a few recipes on the front path up for grabs too.

Jiggy at Shadyglade,

Dodo Code 7K3QF

I'll try and keep open for a few hours at least and will update this post with new codes if I open again later today.

Deadline for votes is 9pm this evening!

Thanks to those who have voted already.

Polite reminder to @spanx, @Mr Do 71, @bradigor and @thesnwmn (apologies if you've voted already and I've missed your PM - let me know if so).

If all the votes come in on time then I should be able to do the group stage results this evening :)

And the results of the group stage are in! Thank you to everyone who took part and for getting your votes in on time. It's been great reading people's impressions of the islands that they've visited and looking at the screenshots that have been taken.

Anyway, with no further ado, the winner for Team Leif is...

Spoiler

@NexivRed and her island Hullabaloo!

From @Mr Do 71:

I was offered the full guided tour when I arrived, so I gladly accepted and I'm glad I did. Her island is just fantastic, from the race course, to the lovely path to the fruit orchard via the waterfalls and the brilliant umbrella zoo. Her house is cool too, and one room is quite dark in it's layout and theme (see pic below). There is a lot of effort and invention on this island, and that's why I choose her island.

image.png.ae27985c9d31abf50a0a7a620447c3df.png

Pics from @Alan Stock

96682238_110268504015005_382182029837467

96242320_110265614015294_583576311381046

95730463_110264640682058_432405569215660

96234042_110265637348625_675190310145359

97063743_110265600681962_318178867426623

Congratulations!

The winner for Team Redd is...

Spoiler

It's a draw between @bimbam and his island, ellijess, and @Uncle Mike & Mrs Unclemike and their island, Nuggetland!

I debated going to a tie-breaker situation, but, really, at the group stage I'm happy for both contestants to proceed to the finals, if they're willing :)

---

Bimbam on the Mike's island:

Was very impressed with his & his wife's houses and my daughter loved his disco area 

Pics:

EXqi4yRU4AAUiZ6?format=jpg&name=large

EXqi4yZUcAUSBRi?format=jpg&name=large

EXqi4yRUEAI_23d?format=jpg&name=large

EXqi4yRUwAEwW-I?format=jpg&name=large

---

Uncle Mike on Bimbam's island:

Loads of work on the terraforming and such to make it a really enticing place. I loved the maze and the long walk to the back beach. And all the little zones and themes and the like. Really attractive!

No pics from any of the group members, unfortunately - care to add some, Bimbam?

Congratulations!

The winner for Team Blathers is...

Spoiler

Mrs @letsbook and her island CherryBomb!

From @thesnwmn :

Lovely with lots of interesting areas and well decorated houses [...]  the consistent pink theme of Mrs letsbook's island won me over.

Pics:

IjTKgKnsQcp8W0P6L_nry62g079v-PjLAVfcSqSP

2yTdKMBrIHiClv0tvj4YAiNaWz_PAKmQDcagSq_d

mrJJVk_K3UZYAZcxDL-gNCC7v-GuuSNlH4fItYyF

WPX19Gbz3xlTIRl3QKjWYI5PfuE7uwOniDbzg6UO

(More from snwmwn here)

Congratulations!