Jump to content

Resident Evil 8 (village?)


robdood
 Share

Recommended Posts

A witch? Looks and sounds like they might be sticking with the actual horror style of VII.

 

VII is the only actually scary Resi IMO and I’ve still not finished it as a result of crapping my pants every time I put it on. It’s like being in some horrid grindhouse movie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kernow said:

All I want personally is a remake of RE1 in the new style. I'd fizz my knickers if they announced it. 

 

Unfortunately we get "there is a remake already" 

 

Wah 


I’ve been playing REmake 1 this past week, not long having come off RE2, while also having a wee go of the RE3 demo in between REmake 1 sessions. You might not wanna hear it, but REmake 1 still holds up. It doesn’t need re-REmade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, kernow said:

I know, there's nothing wrong with it except being a right emotional journey to play. I just want the shoulder view and ..  well, a new remake of it basically. 

 

I've no doubt it'll happen around an anniversary...2026? 


I hear ya. Despite me recognising that a remake isn’t even necessary, I’d be there Day 1 if there was one. In a way that I wasn’t even for 2 or 3make.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know everyone's clamouring for a Resi 2-style remake of the original, but I'm not sure the mansion setting would necessarily lend itself that well to a third-person camera. Could easily imagine a first-person version being far more horrible and claustrophobic after playing RE7.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, CarloOos said:

I know everyone's clamouring for a Resi 2-style remake of the original, but I'm not sure the mansion setting would necessarily lend itself that well to a third-person camera. Could easily imagine a first-person version being far more horrible and claustrophobic after playing RE7.

 

RE7 was already firstperson in an RE1 style mansion, they even had it be the same architects to justify re-using puzzles and stuff.

 

There is a point where you need to stop regurgitating nostalgia and do something new, and I think they're well past it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

 

RE7 was already firstperson in an RE1 style mansion, they even had it be the same architects to justify re-using puzzles and stuff.

 

There is a point where you need to stop regurgitating nostalgia and do something new, and I think they're well past it.

 

Yeah I should clarify that I don't personally think an RE1 remake is on the cards, nor is it something I'm clamouring for. RE7 worked incredibly well as spiritual revisitation of the same concept, it's even laid out in a broadly similar fashion. 

 

But as a hypothetical exercise I do think Spencer Mansion would be a far creepier location to explore from that perspective. There's not that many enemies, it's nowhere near as run and gun as the others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...

What the HELL are the Sony/Capcom marketing people playing at?!

 

Last time we saw this we had developers looking bored out of their mind, talking about the game whilst yawning. Now we get to watch someone who says they don't enjoy playing horror games or even watching horror movies play it with low res footage. it's honestly like they are trying really really hard to make this game look as boring as possible.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Capwn said:

What the HELL are the Sony/Capcom marketing people playing at?!

 

Last time we saw this we had developers looking bored out of their mind, talking about the game whilst yawning. Now we get to watch someone who says they don't enjoy playing horror games or even watching horror movies play it with low res footage. it's honestly like they are trying really really hard to make this game look as boring as possible.

 

 

 

Thats just some channel's re-uploaded clip from one of the official PlayStation channel's series of celebrities playing on PS5. The focus isn't on the games (all of the game footage is prerecorded) but the celebrities themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Calling it now, this will be the best videogame released since Resident Evil 4.

 

Yeah you've read that sentence correctly.

 

It will retain the horror of 7, add in the insane escalation and surprise of 4, with action but not quite as much, include stealth unlike ever before, and wrap it all up in something so comprehensively good people will be in a fixated state of awe. On release this thread will contain pages and pages of overwhelming gushing praise with not a dissenter in sight, the likes we've not seen for a long time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Loik V credern said:

Calling it now, this will be the best videogame released since Resident Evil 4.

 

Yeah you've read that sentence correctly.

 

It will retain the horror of 7, add in the insane escalation and surprise of 4, with action but not quite as much, include stealth unlike ever before, and wrap it all up in something so comprehensively good people will be in a fixated state of awe. On release this thread will contain pages and pages of overwhelming gushing praise with not a dissenter in sight, the likes we've not seen for a long time.

 

Who let Trump in here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.