Resident Evil 8 (village?)

robdood

The issue with the Xbox version seems to be that diagonals are more sluggish

Quite strange. I've already pre-ordered the Xbox version and want to play it this weekend so I'll just make do and try to tweak the camera options as best I can. I suspect it's one of those things you'll just end up adjusting to quite quickly but it's not ideal.

It's annoying as there doesn't seem to be an ideal version. I want both VRR and perfect camera control dammit.

13 minutes ago, Majora said:

Quite strange. I've already pre-ordered the Xbox version and want to play it this weekend so I'll just make do and try to tweak the camera options as best I can. I suspect it's one of those things you'll just end up adjusting to quite quickly but it's not ideal.

It's annoying as there doesn't seem to be an ideal version. I want both VRR and perfect camera control dammit.

Seems like something they'll fix in a patch, will probably happen before VRR support hits PS5 with the Fall OS update, anyway. :coffee:

After a week of pissing rain, gale force winds and cold temperatures, Resident Evil is installed and ready to go and the sun has got his hat on. Hip, hip, hip, hooray, Capcom's timing is woeful.

1 hour ago, Majora said:

I tested this last night and I don't notice an issue with aiming. Although you don't make any massive swings like in a dedicated shooter. You are always zoomed in and going for slow precise shots. 

I'm the first person to quit out of games due to them being too bloody nerve-shredding for me. 

But honestly, this seems to have gone the other way, and is so tame it's a pretty disappointing. They've given the game more of an expansive feel, but it's made the thing feel a little boring to me really. It's a smashing looking game, and - as I said in a previous post - Lady D and her daughters are really good characters. Just feel like Capcom have really decided to go the way of getting more bums on seats by watering everything down a bit.

It's got more than enough to keep me playing at the moment, but it's definitely not a game that will linger too much in the memory so far.

I thought that about Resi 7, once you got over the gross out horror what you’re left with is quite a tame game compared with more recent chillers such as Outlast, and it certainly can’t hold a candle to the original games, but an enjoyable romp nonetheless. 

Resi 7 in VR still remains my single best VR game experience and also my favourite horror game experience. It might not be the best horror game out there, but as an experience in VR it's certainly quite the achievement as a skidmark generator. 

The opening to this is quite scary to be honest. Resi 7 was terrifying at times though. Didnt capcom look to Resi 4 for inspiration for this? thats a game thats not scary in the slightest and is regarded as the best. 

The series has not been scary since 3 to be fair (with the exception being parts of 7). I think the game goes for tension and panicky moments now. 

Played the first hour and half up to just past the end of the  “castle” demo and I’m loving it  while also being on edge most of time - the opening bits are pretty intense so far

3 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

After a week of pissing rain, gale force winds and cold temperatures, Resident Evil is installed and ready to go and the sun has got his hat on. Hip, hip, hip, hooray, Capcom's timing is woeful.

Even worse for me, just caved and got the double pack to start RE7 in PSVR :D

Castle done. 

Not convinced this is better than RE7 as a first time experience, but it's solid action/adventure (with confusing plot)

At this point Ethan must either be dead or hallucinating though. The amount of damage he's taking (especially to the hands) and shrugging off is insane :D

Edit - Although quick cycle weapons. That might explain why he can deal with damage to his hands :D

Well, that's that then. I've got to say that after Lady D, I kind of lost most of my interest in the thing and ploughed through it very, very quickly.

It's not exactly a disappointment as it's pretty much what I expected I guess. I kind of hoped that they'd have had the courage to stick with just one major villain and properly do that justice, but we kind of have everything and the kitchen sink thrown in and I think it lessens the game considerably.

I actually think this might have the worst story in any RE game ever though. It's so fucking bad, it's not charming or quaint anymore :( .

But, it's okay. It looks the business, to be sure and it plays fine. 

I have to say though, even the ten hours (or so) it took me felt like a bit of a slog after Lady D's bits...but then, what could top her?

What a woman.

Loving this so far. Graphics are superb, and the sound, wow! I love the zany characters in it as well, it just seems so perfect for a Resident Evil game.

Thoroughly enjoying this so far, savouring like a fine whisky, maybe halfway through the castle.

Visuals are out of this world!  The photogrammetry combined with the lip synching and skin shaders etc., all in 4K HDR 120fps (PC version), are blowing me away.

It's a shame that RE games these days tend to start out with clearly the best bits and then go into some tedium and sameyness later on. Like the ship section in 7. This has that too so do enjoy the lovely castle while it lasts. :)

29 minutes ago, krenzler said:

It's a shame that RE games these days tend to start out with clearly the best bits and then go into some tedium and sameyness later on. Like the ship section in 7. This has that too so do enjoy the lovely castle while it lasts. :)

RE2 Remake hits hard with this, all the police station stuff is superb compared to the other areas.