PSN Play at home - Journey & Uncharted Collection - Free Games

*In Germany and China, users will have access to Knack 2 and Journey for free for a limited time (Thursday 16th April 1am CEST / 4am CST through Wednesday, 6th May 1am CEST / 4am CST).

Sony hate Germany and China.

1 minute ago, Garibaldi said:

Both games that have been on PS+ in the past, but nice to own them free and clear I guess. 

Good luck with that. I've heard from ResetEra if you've grabbed these via PSPlus you won't have the option to own them free and clear.

As for Knack/Uncharted the swap for Germany is the usual reasons. For Uncharted 2 it might be the setting (a very Tibetin Tibet.)

2 minutes ago, Unofficial Who said:

Good luck with that. I've heard from ResetEra if you've grabbed these via PSPlus you won't have the option to own them free and clear.

:lol:

Thanks Sony! 

23 minutes ago, Unofficial Who said:

You'd be ok if your sub has lapsed though, that's the usual case. Used to really fuck me off when there was a game I wanted to buy, that.

Great stuff - I played the first few Uncharted games on PS3 years ago - are they remasters or just PS3 ports?

I don't have PS+ and was looking into getting both of these at some point so this is great news for me!

1 minute ago, Boothjan said:

Great stuff - I played the first few Uncharted games on PS3 years ago - are they remasters or just PS3 ports?

I don't have PS+ and was looking into getting both of these at some point so this is great news for me!

remasters and good ones.

Right, finally my chance to play Journey.

Same nagging doubt I always had, am I going to be able to get the online trophies? Logic says there will be lots of people playing over the next few days, but the Japanese PSN hasn't given it away so all the people playing will be in a different timezone.

Hmmm, I suppose if the worst comes to the worst I can try to log in on my other PS4 and get my kids to help...

34 minutes ago, Darwock said:

Right, finally my chance to play Journey.

Same nagging doubt I always had, am I going to be able to get the online trophies? Logic says there will be lots of people playing over the next few days, but the Japanese PSN hasn't given it away so all the people playing will be in a different timezone.

Hmmm, I suppose if the worst comes to the worst I can try to log in on my other PS4 and get my kids to help...

Journey is more than a game, it's a unique experience. You're doing yourself a great disservice by caring about trophies. Just fire up the game, play in one sitting. Preferably turn notifications off even. Worry about trophies afterwards, if ever.

I did a bad thing and accidentally also bought Spider Man and God of War as well as downloading both of these.

This is what happens when you're in lockdown and haven't fired up your PS4 in over 3 years....

Mega excited to play Journey as it looks incredible.

I'd pay not to have to play Knack 2

This offer is brilliant though I have played both on psplus I tihnk but as my plus lapsed I can get them free and clear

Thinking about psplus again - is there a combined psnow sub now or are they still resolutely seperate?

I think this is a fabulous offer and the games are really well chosen. I loved UC4 but had never played the older ones and journey had been on my to get list for ages and with the current situation seems really well chosen. 

7 hours ago, Clipper said:

I'd pay not to have to play Knack 2

This offer is brilliant though I have played both on psplus I tihnk but as my plus lapsed I can get them free and clear

Thinking about psplus again - is there a combined psnow sub now or are they still resolutely seperate?

They're still separate.

(I accidentally pos'ed your post initially instead of quoting it, but I think you deserve a pos' on the house!)

11 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Journey is more than a game, it's a unique experience. You're doing yourself a great disservice by caring about trophies. Just fire up the game, play in one sitting. Preferably turn notifications off even. Worry about trophies afterwards, if ever.

I didn't need to worry, played it from start to finish (at 3:30am) in one go and in the end met four different people, one of whom helped me through the tricky stages at the end (after my scarf had been torn several times and I barely had enough jump power to continue) and so we finished the game together, which meant I landed about four of the trophies on the first run (including the tricky online ones).

All of them (bar one) popped at the end so it didn't interrupt the game in any way.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/04/2020 at 06:14, Unofficial Who said:

As for Knack/Uncharted the swap for Germany is the usual reasons. For Uncharted 2 it might be the setting (a very Tibetin Tibet.)

Well it appears I need to eat my words. If you have these via PSPlus you can now add them as permanent purchases. Did this with Uncharted a couple of days ago. Even generated a reciept.