IGNORED

Crysis Remastered

Revival

No matter what graphical setting I use on the XBox Series X, HDR cant be checked or unchecked- just an empty box that cant be selected. 

I played this when it first came out on my fairly middling PC. Memory is a fickle thing. I recall it being amazing to play. Last night I watched enemy after enemy walk up and stand there while I took pot-shots at them. 

Just now, Mr. Gerbik said:

It's based on the creaky 360 version, wouldn't surprise me if the AI and pathfinding was one of the many things they dialed back to get it running at all back then.

Shit. I didn't realise that. Would never of bought the bloody thing if I had.

38 minutes ago, sandman said:

I own the 360 version - if I put it on my series X will it upgrade or do I need to buy a newer version?

This is a different version, so needs buying again.

40 minutes ago, sandman said:

I own the 360 version - if I put it on my series X will it upgrade or do I need to buy a newer version?

The 360 version is backwards compatible but it's not enhanced iirc. So you'll get to see it exactly as it was in all its sub-576p glory.

The Crysis Remaster, which is a different product, only came out on Xbox One. There is no 360 version. However if you play the Remaster on a Series X you'll get various benefits as described by DF above. If there's ever a native Series version released, we'll probably get an automatic upgrade to the Series Remaster.

The 360 version however is stuck being the 360 version. I can't imagine the BC team bothering with any enhancements with the remaster already out.

TL;DR play the PC version

3 minutes ago, JPL said:

Shame I don’t have a PC. I just want a decent Series version, but I’ll hold on to see what they do with it.

Judging by the current state of things, it might be a long wait though before we finally have consoles out that are able to run Crysis well.

Series x here too. It’s a joke. Very disappointed with Digital Foundry’s continued coverage of this game. They’ve done at least 3 videos at this point and none really highlight what a fucking mess this game is. They’ll identify issues in others games by zooming in on background scenes 1000% but can’t see how shambolic this game is :hmm:

• 3 weeks later...

15GB update on Xbox and the HDR works again but I still get a crash to the dashboard on death or when I finish the current level, and it doesn’t save!! I think I’ll see if I can get my money back on this one 

• 1 month later...
On 01/05/2021 at 06:30, Fargo said:

15GB update on Xbox and the HDR works again but I still get a crash to the dashboard on death or when I finish the current level, and it doesn’t save!! I think I’ll see if I can get my money back on this one 

welcome to pc gaming!

16 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

The remaster of 1 is still complete shit, so it's bold of them to just move ahead with selling it as a trilogy package. 

2 and 3 were pretty neutered compared to 1 anyway as they were made with 360 and PS3 in mind. But given how they handled the remaster of 1, I fully expect them to base the remasters of 2 and 3 on the PS3 version or something. They'll find a way to make it shit.

On 09/04/2021 at 16:09, Fargo said:

Series x here too. It’s a joke. Very disappointed with Digital Foundry’s continued coverage of this game. They’ve done at least 3 videos at this point and none really highlight what a fucking mess this game is. They’ll identify issues in others games by zooming in on background scenes 1000% but can’t see how shambolic this game is :hmm:

Im sure they just don’t play far enough into any of the games, it’s all surface scratching and reporting on a lot of stuff that doesn’t matter.

Ive myself had a few games that I’ve double dipped and one version is so obviously worse and janky than the other but DF seemed to have completely missed it all. 

To me, DF were always a buying guide... which version is best or if the game is in poor shape out the gate. Now we have JL not interested in doing any of it due to all the online trolls he pays too much attention too, Alex only interested in Graphic & PC tech so Tom Morgan has to do it all, and he can only report on the headlines of general frame rate and resolution. 

I do love DF Retro, and I’m surprised that JL hasn’t broken off on his own to do that, possibly Patreon funded.  

• 4 months later...

Has anybody else picked up the trilogy set of this? They look and play about as well as they ever have done. Running on the PS5, it really is a huge upgrade to the PS3 version we got many moons ago. It's a damn sight harder than I remember it being though! I remember cloaking and killing everyone with armour being used as a last minute thing but I'm getting my ass handed to me very early on.

DF did a vid on Crysis 2 remastered, seems this one is spot on on console now!

TLDW - XsX/S/PS5 60 fps, Bone/X/PS4 30, and mostly rock solid frame rates!

I think the interesteing one will be 3, as it still looks great on high  settings on PC, but has those weird cryengine problems, so, if it looks the same, but runs better...win...although ,they have added SVOGI(lighting tech) which can be very heavy.

3 hours ago, 5R7 said:

DF did a vid on Crysis 2 remastered, seems this one is spot on on console now!

TLDW - XsX/S/PS5 60 fps, Bone/X/PS4 30, and mostly rock solid frame rates!

I think the interesteing one will be 3, as it still looks great on high  settings on PC, but has those weird cryengine problems, so, if it looks the same, but runs better...win...although ,they have added SVOGI(lighting tech) which can be very heavy.

Weirdly looking at the install sizes on PC, 3 remastered is a mere 18gb rather than the new version of 2 is 54gb (1 is 20gb for reference).

Suggests that the work on 3 maybe somewhat lighter touch than it’s predecessor 

I got burned badly with the remaster of Crysis 1 but was able to get a refund from MS. I took a chance on 2 and 3 after the positive reviews and they are much better. They look great and the framerate is a solid 60 on Series X. Only one graphics mode which is nice as there's no more switching between 3 trying to fine one that works!

I know 2 and 3 got a lot of hate on release because they abandoned the more open world gameplay but I think they're better games overall. It's nice to have liner more focused games and they remind me of Titanfall 2 in that regard. 

And the combat is good fun. The areas you fight in remind me a little of the approach Naughty Dog took in TLOU2 in that you have these sandboxes filled with enemies and you can approach it in a variety of different ways using stealth or all guns blazing, or a mixture of both. It's obvious not as refined or polished as Naughty Dog's combat encounters but there are some similarities. 

Looking forward to playing more and I think Far Cry 6 will be sidelined while I play these. 

Quite far into Crysis now...bloody awful game/port on PS5, aiming is an absolute chore, sight moves far too slow but want it completed now, just on the escape from the mountain bit.

Bought Crysis 2 as it was £17.49, I loved it on the xbox and pleased it has had a bit of effort done to it, wish it was a proper PS5 game though.

Probably wont get 3 as it was just absolute dog plops, I remember it boring me to tears and ended up abandoning it, think it felt like a tech demo only...Dirk from Hollyoaks really didn't add anything to the game at all.