Saved By The Bell Reboot

So... although IGN describe it as a "reboot" it isn't really a reboot, it's a continuation.

I really wish the media would stop throwing terms around when they don't know when to use it.

And yeah this looks dodge.

3 minutes ago, ckny said:

Wait what the hell is peacock.

NBC's premium streaming service

HBO has Westworld and shows by David Simon. Netflix has Tigerdude. Peacock has Saved By The Bell: Don't Mention Screech

(Kelly Kapowski though, OMFG)

• Upvote 1

There's doing it in a similar style to the follow up to Boy Meets World then. Zack actually had the best career out of all of them whereas Kelly was on White Collar and ended up in the wife / mother roles lots of actresses do. Also a reminder that Zack Morris was the worst

Isn't it sort of fine if it's shit? The original being shit was pretty much the appeal. It wasn't The Wire or anything.

I suppose it has to be shit in the right way though.

Worth remembering this is being written/showrun by Tracy Wigfield, who wrote the brilliant Great News. That was criminally cut short and is all available on Netflix if you've not seen it and are after bright/silly lockdown viewing. If this is half as good it'll be pretty special!

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/jan/30/netflix-tina-feys-great-news-tv-sitcom-andrew-martin

2 hours ago, El Pibe said:

I loved Spatz!

Yeah, it was a great show (so was The Press Gang, but that wasn't really a comedy unless you're just counting Dexter Fletcher's American accent).

Anyway, I wondered what else was on kids tv in 1990 and I came across this page from the Transdiffusion website.

The picture advertising "Krankies Television"  is so wrong in so many ways....

19900711-2.thumb.jpg.58b44e85829c706e9d7af9d8b1fb2463.jpg

On 18/04/2020 at 22:46, ryodi said:

There's doing it in a similar style to the follow up to Boy Meets World then. Zack actually had the best career out of all of them whereas Kelly was on White Collar and ended up in the wife / mother roles lots of actresses do. Also a reminder that Zack Morris was the worst

Jesus, I've been watching these for the past couple of days now. Thank you!

21 hours ago, DukeOfEarlsfield said:

That reminds me, there’s a new Fraggle Rock show on Apple TV.

With puppets? 

I liked My Two Dads far too much. But the thing that really needs bring back is Home Improvements. 

On 21/04/2020 at 17:05, gone fishin' said:

Yeah, it was a great show (so was The Press Gang, but that wasn't really a comedy unless you're just counting Dexter Fletcher's American accent).

Anyway, I wondered what else was on kids tv in 1990 and I came across this page from the Transdiffusion website.

The picture advertising "Krankies Television"  is so wrong in so many ways....

19900711-2.thumb.jpg.58b44e85829c706e9d7af9d8b1fb2463.jpg

How annoyed he must've been when he found out it was a grown up Scottish woman.