rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Edge #345

14 hours ago, vanronk said:

Effin hate bastards like that. People trying to get hold of a copy and mr. shitshow just grabs a bunch of them, instantly flogging them on eBay.

5 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Effin hate bastards like that. People trying to get hold of a copy and mr. shitshow just grabs a bunch of them, instantly flogging them on eBay.

Just capitalism isn't it? Plenty of digital copies to consume and perhaps a touch more environmentally friendly?

Don't hate them slaves to the system and they could be left with a bunch of magazines that they cannot sell. The value is in the contents not the physical form. 

Personally prefer digital these days no clutter and I can keep everything without it taking over the house! Just with Edge would release their whole back catalogue on digital. Love to read some of their earlier work again. When I moved house ditched about ten years worth because of space. Sigh.

3 hours ago, MattyP said:

Just capitalism isn't it? Plenty of digital copies to consume and perhaps a touch more environmentally friendly?

Don't hate them slaves to the system and they could be left with a bunch of magazines that they cannot sell. The value is in the contents not the physical form. 

There's no ethical consumption under capitalism but that doesn't mean anyone just go ahead and use that system to be as much of as jerk as they can.

• Upvote 3

if anyone fancies playing outrun 2006 on pc, if you grab a physical copy on Ebay or the likes, it doesn't have any online verification so your good to go straight out the box..... well kind of.

There are a few steps to use a controller you need to download and install this into your game directory and replace all files.

Outrun 2 FXT 2.5

from here

http://dragonking.arcadecontrols.com/index.php

in the game directory click FXT CONFIG and you can tinker with various graphics and controller setting including wheel support.

There is a high res texture pack 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/l3rklbvtuuz8c0b/texmods.zip/file

and once all that is running you need to install 

https://www.bandicam.com/

On modern monitors with fast refresh rates the game matches it, so 144, or even 300 hz displays make the game run at lightspeed.

and select the gamepad icon and set FPS limit to 60 and untick the only when capturing box. 

Sounds a bit of a faf but its not too bad, button config takes a bit of time but once done you're ready to drfit that f50 around.

• Upvote 6

If you're lucky enough to have the Steam version the first and last problems in that list don't seem to apply.

I'd like to buy a digital copy of this issue, but I don't have a tablet and I don't fancy reading such an image-heavy magazine on my phone.

What's the best way to read it on a Windows 10 desktop PC? I see PocketMags has it for sale and they have a Windows app - is that good, or are there better alternatives?

I ordered a physical copy on the 24th, I realise post might take longer than usual currently but should I have received this by now? :unsure:

13 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Great issue. Lovely smell to it. Assume all those involved in its creation are pleasantly attractive. 

:lol:

5 hours ago, Azrael said:

I ordered a physical copy on the 24th, I realise post might take longer than usual currently but should I have received this by now? :unsure:

My subscription copy hasn't arrived yet either; I've just put it down to slow post.

I had last month's MagPi entirely go missing, post is a problem right now.

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

I had last month's MagPi entirely go missing, post is a problem right now.

If only there was somebody who could investigate that for you. 

image.jpeg.f1a9e70af8cdfe86e85ee9681c4b2582.jpeg

• Upvote 7

On 27/04/2020 at 02:42, Keyboard Koala said:

If it makes anyone feel better, filter the ebay search to sold items only. The guy is putting copies of Edge at inflated prices, but he isn't selling them.

I'd wager he didn't sell that one for £24.99, it was either a dummy bid or relisted.

been replaying some games from this and having a great time - outrun 2, dj hero, jungle beats, and rez - all brilliant. jungle beats in particular is ridiculous, how can a platform game designed to be played with a bongo controller be this good?

• Upvote 4

It’s, er, been two weeks since I ordered my copy and... nothing. :unsure:

My sub copy of #345 hasn't arrived, and I'm unable to request a replacement issue on the website. 

On 06/05/2020 at 01:01, spatular said:

been replaying some games from this and having a great time - outrun 2, dj hero, jungle beats, and rez - all brilliant. jungle beats in particular is ridiculous, how can a platform game designed to be played with a bongo controller be this good?

By nice coincidence I just got my GC working and I own the Jungle Beats set and a copy of Donkey Konga so that's gonna happen.

I've also been using Outrun 2006 as my test games for every console I can, so PS2, Xbox and PSP so far.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Popo said:

Same... :unsure::(

11 hours ago, Popo said:

Same, I'm sure it'll turn up eventually. 

They will all turn up today, as will mine, just in time for the weekend (crosses fingers)

4 minutes ago, merrychan said:

They will all turn up today, as will mine, just in time for the weekend (crosses fingers)

It's a bank holiday today

16 hours ago, Popo said:

The new issue of retro gamer I ordered  took three weeks to arrive from mfm after dispatch. It will turn up soon, don’t worry. I ordered the issue the day it appeared for sale and mine hasn’t arrived either.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

How do you buy this online? I can only see subscriptions on myfavouritemagazines.co.uk

I think it only had a limited print run for subscribers and a few extra, it didn’t hit the shops. 

Just now, Popo said:

I think it only had a limited print run for subscribers and a few extra, it didn’t hit the shops. 

Bugger :(

My copy of Edge dispatched on the 27th and only arrived just minutes ago. Everything else ordered has arrived within a week so looks like these are taking extra long to arrive.