Venom: Let there be Carnage

On 22/04/2020 at 14:52, Isaac said:

AntiVenom

Agent AntiVenom was Flash Thompson’s superhero alter ego- he was able to heal people and burn Carnage just by touch, so could make an appearance!

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/04/2020 at 18:08, dizogg said:

You’re a shit poster but people still acknowledge you. 

Sorry, would you mind not swearing. Your kids use the forum. 

• 1 year later...

I still haven't seen the first one yet.

Spoiler

Weren't Sony trying to avoid having their "Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters" directly contradict the MCU, so that their Spider-Man-related films could, theoretically, be set in the same world?

The Daily Bugle being a newspaper in this trailer, but a fringe website in the Far From Home mid-credits scene, seems to rule that out!

I was all in for the first minute of the trailer where it was a slice of life film with an avuncular Venom and an exasperated Brock sharing an apartment. Then it turned back into CGI monster men roaring and leaping in dim considtions to help hide the budget and I zoned out.

It seems like it's leaning into the good bits of the first film. Don't get me wrong, Venom was a long way from perfect but when it leant into the comedy of Venom being an actual monster it worked pretty well! Hopefully they use Kasady in a similar way and he isn't just another big CGI venom to punch, but either way I'll give this a go after enjoying the first a surprising amount. 

Ah come on now that just looks absolutely off its nut in the best possible way. It took me a while to watch Venom but since the first viewing its one of those films that no matter what point its at I watch it through to the end. 

"YUMMY!"

From what I could make out, there was probably a good movie to be had out of the first one, but Hardy was pissed they removed all the funky stuff, like him dicking around with Venom. If this trailer is any indication, it seems like it could be a good course correction! :)

Venom is maybe one of the best modern superhero films.

Its perfect and knows it’s not citizen Kane.

This is looking to go in the same direction. 

Venom had heart and didn’t feel soulless.

1 hour ago, probotector said:

Venom is maybe one of the best modern superhero films.

Its perfect and knows it’s not citizen Kane.

This is looking to go in the same direction. 

Venom had heart and didn’t feel soulless.

Venom and Shazam, both entertaining and far enough removed from Marvel to be decent.

4 hours ago, Nick R said:

I still haven't seen the first one yet.

Hide contents

Weren't Sony trying to avoid having their "Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters" directly contradict the MCU, so that their Spider-Man-related films could, theoretically, be set in the same world?

The Daily Bugle being a newspaper in this trailer, but a fringe website in the Far From Home mid-credits scene, seems to rule that out!

Re: Your spoiler:

Spoiler

Could this not be intentional, and something that could be resolved with some multiverse shenanigans in Spider-Man: No Way Home which could bring the Sonyverse into the MCU proper?