8 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Well  just realised I had a test Win 10 machine here from work and got it all downloaded. Then got blocked as it wants admin access to install the driver. So close. 

Ask the IT Dept, they might do it for you... I would!

I've just tried updating to 1.3 on my PC (I haven't updated machine before) and it's refusing to recognise my machine when I turn it on. I'm holding down the Menu button as instructed but nothing is happening.

Fixed it, I wasn't using the official lead because I'm an idiot.

Wow that Technos pack is suddenly miles better.

I do wonder though, if they're actually using firmware to fix cart problems, how long can that continue.

There's a finite amount of space on the machine after all, I don't think we even know how finite.

1 minute ago, Dudley said:

I do wonder though, if they're actually using firmware to fix cart problems, how long can that continue.

There's a finite amount of space on the machine after all, I don't think we even know how finite.

Firmware just overwrites what's already there. Few lines of code for cart fixes isn't going to amount to much.

3 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Maybe, maybe not, depends on the bug in question. :)

I'd be interested to know how much headroom they had and the size of this compared to 1.0.

Well the size of most of these ROMs are mere KB's. Even if it only had 2GB-4GB in there plus the saves it still wouldn't be much space.  Seems to be running Linux behind the scenes.

I've got a permanent dotted line appear on the screen. :hmm: I've only switched it on about six times and haven't touched it for about a month. I was waiting until I applied a screen protector which I've been too lazy to do until now. There's also some dust under the screen, which isn't something I'd expect from something released in 2020. :hmm:

Screenshot_20201107-162132.jpg

IMG_20201107_163523__02.jpg

On 04/11/2020 at 17:25, strider said:

In all fairness it’s emulation 101. We will keep mentioning till they fix it.

I know you like them (as do I), but we did a pretty big survey of what retrogamers wanted from a platform and scanlines were barely mentioned. I think a couple of people mentioned them out of several hundred responses. 

20 hours ago, robotattack said:

I've got a permanent dotted line appear on the screen. :hmm: I've only switched it on about six times and haven't touched it for about a month. I was waiting until I applied a screen protector which I've been too lazy to do until now. There's also some dust under the screen, which isn't something I'd expect from something released in 2020. :hmm:

Screenshot_20201107-162132.jpg

Post picks on Twitter and message them. Might get them to do a straight swap or go back to where you bought it as that's def not something to put up with!

6 hours ago, Anne Summers said:

I know you like them (as do I), but we did a pretty big survey of what retrogamers wanted from a platform and scanlines were barely mentioned. I think a couple of people mentioned them out of several hundred responses. 

Yeah the masses don’t care.

8 hours ago, Anne Summers said:

you don’t think retro gamers are interested in making games look like they did back in the day?

The sheer number of pictures on retro sites, FB groups etc of old games running on TVs set to the wrong aspect ratio tells me that lots of retro gamers aren't interested, no.

I'm not massively bothered about fake scan lines tbh.

So the next one is Worms.

image.png.3be889b61207545ae09919f29a38f2bf.png

Little disappointed to be honest.  Worms itself is perfect, turn based multi on a handheld, great.

But 3 games is tight when they are so cheap.  Worms is fairly pointless with Arma there and Blast is a bust a move clone.

They could have at least found room for some of the stuff like Golf and Pinball.

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

So the next one is Worms.

image.png.3be889b61207545ae09919f29a38f2bf.png

Little disappointed to be honest.  Worms itself is perfect, turn based multi on a handheld, great.

But 3 games is tight when they are so cheap.  Worms is fairly pointless with Arma there and Blast is a bust a move clone.

They could have at least found room for some of the stuff like Golf and Pinball.

Worms Pinball is terrible, though. I received it a few years back as a secret Santa and it really hasn't aged well.

I think the other issue is they're clearly terrified of putting computer-related stuff out due to the need for virtual buttons etc and I don't think either of those games came out on consoles.

I do agree that Worms feels a rather pointless inclusion when Armageddon is on there, though.

It's there because they couldn't not include the first one I guess.

Be nice to have had Worms 2 on there but also a computer only release.  I dunno, it just seems less good than some of the other carts and probably should have been a wider Team 17 collection.

6 hours ago, strider said:

Worms Pinball is terrible, though. I received it a few years back as a secret Santa and it really hasn't aged well.

I think the other issue is they're clearly terrified of putting computer-related stuff out due to the need for virtual buttons etc and I don't think either of those games came out on consoles.

I do agree that Worms feels a rather pointless inclusion when Armageddon is on there, though.

Pinball came out on PSX.

7 minutes ago, Camel said:

Pinball came out on PSX.

I wasn't sure. Nice, that's a strange omission then.

I've also heard that the cart sizes are quite small as well (128mb) which might explain why more PSX games aren't included. Will try and get that clarified if it isn't already.

• 2 weeks later...