On 27/11/2020 at 10:17, Dudley said:

Funstock have them reduced, probably the best you'll get.

Yes and this made me break. I'll probably barely play it, but the collector in me loves the idea. Besides its like getting the console itself for free at the 10 pack in price. 

7 hours ago, cassidy said:

Good lord the first Lynx cart is full of shite. Thank God the second collection redeems it somewhat. 

The number of games on both tells you what the philosophy very much was with those 2 doesn't it? :)

There are some very odd choices in the collections given how many great games there were to pick from.  Awesome Golf, Jimmy Connors, Dracula and Crystal Mines are all solid, and the highlights of collection one. In fact, Crystal Mines is probably my most played Lynx game. The rest range from mediocre to rubbish.  Cybervirus is interesting from a technical standpoint I suppose.  Collection 2 is better but the lack of the system's best games is baffling.

Xybots, Stun Runner, Shadow of the Beast, Lemmings, Xenophobe, Battlezone, Ninja Gaiden(s), Rygar, Pac Land, Warbirds...  They should all have been on there to show off what a great library of titles the Lynx had.

1 hour ago, Nathan Wind said:

There are some very odd choices in the collections given how many great games there were to pick from.  Awesome Golf, Jimmy Connors, Dracula and Crystal Mines are all solid, and the highlights of collection one. In fact, Crystal Mines is probably my most played Lynx game. The rest range from mediocre to rubbish.  Cybervirus is interesting from a technical standpoint I suppose.  Collection 2 is better but the lack of the system's best games is baffling.

Xybots, Stun Runner, Shadow of the Beast, Lemmings, Xenophobe, Battlezone, Ninja Gaiden(s), Rygar, Pac Land, Warbirds...  They should all have been on there to show off what a great library of titles the Lynx had.

Problem for all those is licensing. Loads are owned by different companies and a lot won't want them on carts like this. SOTB is Sony these days as is Lemmings so they don't seem all that interested in this smaller handheld market. The Atari stuff is mostly licensed out to another handheld company so there could be large charges to pay and prolly not worth the money for smaller runs on this console. I might be wrong but I'm sure I heard that Pac-Land was held in some legal limbo several years ago.

It could just be they want to do more of these collections so bringing out some of the bigger stuff later might bring them more sales.

9 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

It could just be they want to do more of these collections so bringing out some of the bigger stuff later might bring them more sales.

Sales now counteracted by everyone whose first Lynx experience is playing these and thinking it's full of mediocre platform games.

And indeed, I'm sure licensing is a nightmare.  But far better to put out just the one cart with the games off collection 2 and the four or five good ones of collection one, than to cram with filler to get the numbers up.  Platform specific carts to my mind, should feature carefully curated collections which really celebrate the best the hardware has to offer.

Just now, Nathan Wind said:

Sales now counteracted by everyone whose first Lynx experience is playing these and thinking it's full of mediocre platform games.

And indeed, I'm sure licensing is a nightmare.  But far better to put out just the one cart with the games off collection 2 and the four or five good ones of collection one, than cram one with filler to get the numbers up.  Platform specific carts to my mind, should feature carefully curated colelctions which really celebrate the best the hardware has to offer.

I think the annoying thing about it all is that there's no more cartridges until April. Really drops out a huge chunk of time for no good reason. If they were releasing 2 cartridges a month up until December would have been so much better to split a couple of the previous months up to give us all something to look forward to. The Lynx set should have been over different months.

• 3 weeks later...

The next cartridge announced - Codemasters Collection 1

https://www.evercade.co.uk/codemasters-collection-1-cartridge/

Megadrive / Genesis Games

Sensible Soccer – International Edition

Cannon Fodder

Tennis All-Stars – (Unreleased Game)

Mega-Lo-Mania

Cosmic Spacehead

Psycho Pinball

Super Skidmarks

NES Games

Big Nose Freaks Out

Big Nose the Caveman

Bee 52

MiG 29 – Soviet Fighter

The Ultimate Stuntman

Boomerang Kid

Linus Spacehead

CJ’s Elephant Antics

F-16 Renegade

Stunt Buggies

Version details from the excellent unofficial fan site http://evercade.info/codemasters-1/

That Megadrive cart is really strong, there's only Cosmic Spacehead that I don't particularly like out of those.  Cannon Fodder is my favourite game full stop so it was always going to be a win, but Mega lo Mania, Skidmarks and Psycho Pinball on the same cart? Hell yes.

I don't know any of the NES ones but presuming it's only £15 like the rest of the packs, I'll grab it.

No need to hurry there won't even be preorders until new year.

13 hours ago, Hylian said:

Just checked my official one from a few days ago and that mistake is there. 

Okie Dokie.

WHERE THE FUCK IS MICRO MACHINES?!?!?! EVERCADE IS OVERCADE!

ahem.

That do?  I mean I know it's licencing but it's the best I had.