IGNORED

Evercade

ulala

30 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

Well there's an interesting point there, in that the term "journalist" is very loosely defined. It isn't a profession like "lawyer" or "accountant" where you have to be qualified and registered in order to be able to use the title.

(And I say this as someone with professional qualifications in journalism and 10 years' experience employed as a news reporter). 

More recently I've been on the "dark side", working in marketing. And it's always been my belief that, from an ethical point of view, we're obliged to treat this new breed of "influencers", "Citizen journalists" or whatever they call themselves, the same way we treat "proper" journalists. As long as they hold themselves to the same standards. 

I despise the term "Influencer" it just feels really grubby.

2 hours ago, Anne Summers said:

True, and they don't even call themselves that any more, they all call themselves "content creators" now.

Content generators might be a better title. Again though, it's not all Youtubers. There's plenty of great ones out there who do great, insightful videos and even credit you when they use your work. Influencers just feels underhanded. No wonder they slipped away from it.

Side note but as someone who vaguely qualifies I detest the word "Content".

It feels like you're just producing the obligatory amount of any old thing so that people don't bother you anymore, especially from the professional ones.

"Barman, 1 content please!"

17 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Side note but as someone who vaguely qualifies I detest the word "Content".

It feels like you're just producing the obligatory amount of any old thing so that people don't bother you anymore, especially from the professional ones.

"Barman, 1 content please!"

Yeah content is a poor word. 

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

It's just weirdly soul-less for something that in theory is supposed to be an actual interest/hobby/passion.

Of course it's soulless. It's a term created by marketers to describe the process of extracting value from creative people. 

19 hours ago, Anne Summers said:

And it's always been my belief that, from an ethical point of view, we're obliged to treat this new breed of "influencers", "Citizen journalists" or whatever they call themselves, the same way we treat "proper" journalists. As long as they hold themselves to the same standards. 

Which very few do.

17 minutes ago, Dudley said:

A warning for those getting the VS.

To turn it on you have to hold the power button for a second for some reason.

Thought mine was broken for a second!

EDIT : Oh yeah, mine also turned up.

Mine just turned up via DPD!

Nice packaging 😉