IGNORED

Evercade

ulala

20 minutes ago, Dudley said:

What do you normally game on? This?

image.thumb.png.ea3800c3b65b455bd6d6fa63482b5f1b.png

Very good. It feels like the top buttons are too close to the edges so I feel like I'm always touching them. Hopefully I'll get used to it, but it's really bugging me at the mo. The image output is the biggest downer for me, Nick warned me about it, but it's a lot more noticeable than I was expecting it to be. 

On 16/12/2021 at 08:25, Lorfarius said:

Funstock are a weird one. There's a message on the preorder when you place it that they might hold the order until all the items are ready to post, bit of a pain if some come out weeks/months apart so I switched mine to Amazon. That way can always cancel without paying a load of cash upfront and free shipping for Prime.

They fucked up the last lot I had from them so Funstock all the way now

51 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Just got a dispatch email for the game so on the way!

Same, Carts 21 and 22 have just been dispatched.

I’m actually really excited for what might be coming next year, the companies stocking the Evercade and the media attention that the VS has been getting will hopefully get some more of the bigger companies on board, I’d love to see some point and click games on the Evercade, Broken Sword, Discworld, Monkey Island…..Here’s hoping 

Although with the right emulator that's a perfectly valid one for the game.  I forget which one but someone did one that remembered what was last in the dead spaces either side on widescreen and drew those so it could be widescreen and not stretched.

You got the odd enemy appearing in mid air of course but still impressive.

Really liking the Evercade VS. They definitely captured a ‘retro cool’ vibe with it’s overall aesthetic and presentation. The black sleek design, the red LED light that shines across it as it boots up and the synth music that plays on the game select screen. Very well done. 

The controller is very well done, probably the part that they could have slipped up on. It’s a good size, weight and responsive. D-pad feels good, need to play some 2D fighters on it to really give it a test. 

Overall, liking it a lot and finally a real retro console. Hoping for some good carts next year. 

2.0 firmware is out for handheld which brings it in line with the VS menu system and a load of improvements.

Was playing the Dizzy collection today and it got me to hoping they would do another. So many Speccy games to throw on there plus I'd love the chance to play wonderful Dizzy from the Next campaign. Polly little chance but I wish there was a way to have your own carts made. For me WD or Enduro Racer in my pocket would be perfect.

Has anyone heard anything about the lack of Sega stuff on it? The previous Blaze had game contracts for all the major stuff so want to see Altered Beast on here... and maybe some Golden Axe to balance it out!

Bit of a pain to store loads of games in that carry case so was down the shop before and noticed an Nvidia gift set for £4. Pretty deep and came with this handy little bag that fits the handheld and loads of game, even n handle down its side. Zip is pretty tough so not going to lose anything.

Untitled.thumb.png.f99a5491a376236cd0534cc52d5ee22a.png

18 hours ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

Really liking the Evercade VS. They definitely captured a ‘retro cool’ vibe with it’s overall aesthetic and presentation. The black sleek design, the red LED light that shines across it as it boots up and the synth music that plays on the game select screen. Very well done. 

Worth pointing out that if anyone is getting one now, theirs won't be black.

16 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

2.0 firmware is out for handheld which brings it in line with the VS menu system and a load of improvements.

Has anyone heard anything about the lack of Sega stuff on it? The previous Blaze had game contracts for all the major stuff so want to see Altered Beast on here... and maybe some Golden Axe to balance it out!

I am wondering if it is because Sega have still been rereleasing stuff themselves (like the PS4 compilation and the Ages stuff on 3DS) which has complicated the licensing process...

32 minutes ago, merman said:

I am wondering if it is because Sega have still been rereleasing stuff themselves (like the PS4 compilation and the Ages stuff on 3DS) which has complicated the licensing process...

Can't see that being the case as they were doing loads of stuff during the early Blaze years. 360 compilation for example, Switch games etc etc.

Definitely needs some bigger licenses to really kick on I feel. Namco was a big one bit with their license running out and not being able to play their carts on the VS it’s a big miss. Surely SEGA, Capcom and Midway etc wouldn’t be too hard to negotiate, they’ve al stick games on pretty poor devices in the past. A streets of rage Collection, Sonic collection, Mortal Kombat collection, Street fighter collection etc would be massive for selling the VS to a bigger audience. 

Would love more indie games on it too. So many potential indie collections.