IGNORED

Evercade

ulala

Man I was hoping to get my Evercade before the Bank Holiday. Looking unlikely as no movement on my order from funstock. 

Interesting to see it confirmed a console is planned. I'm curious to see that, once I get my hands on the portable one first. 

35 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Man I was hoping to get my Evercade before the Bank Holiday. Looking unlikely as no movement on my order from funstock. 

Interesting to see it confirmed a console is planned. I'm curious to see that, once I get my hands on the portable one first. 

its got to be at most 50% of the cost of the handheld version?

8 minutes ago, ulala said:

its got to be at most 50% of the cost of the handheld version?

Yeah it needs to be priced sensibly but I think they have done exactly that with the handheld so I'm interested. 

Just now, Lorfarius said:

Looks like they won't be shipped this week as the stock still hasn't hit UK stores. They are estimating as late as 12th June for delivery.

Sad times. On the other hand there's less time to wait for the next cartridges to come out. It would be great if they could manage one a month. The promise of 100 seems ambitious but if they can get the licensing and sort these early bugs I still like the potential of this device. My only concern now is where do I keep it? In the shed with my retro games or in the house with my modern games :lol:

Yeah, I'll take any future promises with salt because they're obviously success based as to whether they'll happen.

You have to consider the current package and assuming they manage to deliver the launch carts plus the Lynx ones it's already a fine project.

2 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

You'd like to think that the goal of 100 carts is based on the success of current preorders.

Anyone know what the reception has been like outside the UK?

Well it's not out yet so no one knows fully. 99% of reviews have been very positive from all the places I've seen it across lots of news sites too not just YT.

Shipping update!

Important bit:

UK/EU Stock (including Funstock.co.uk)

The other boat will be arriving in the UK on Saturday (23rd May).

From there, stock will travel to our UK distribution centre, who will book the stock in early next week (start of the week commencing 25th May) and then ship it out to UK and EU retailers.

For UK retailers (including Funstock), stock should be arriving in to their warehouses by the end of that week (end of the week commencing 25th May).

For EU retailers, stock will be arriving in to their warehouses the following week (week commencing 1st June).

We expect all UK and EU retailers (as stock arrives to them) to begin shipping the following week (week commencing 1st June) and all retailers to have finished shipping by the start of the following week (week commencing 8th June).

You should have received your order shipped confirmation no later than the end of the week commencing 8th June.

22 minutes ago, cassidy said:

There's another update on twitter from Funstock. Their deliveries have arrived and they will start shipping orders Monday.  

It might be in my hands Tues or Weds. 

Excellent news. The first game I am going to play is Ninja Golf!

Game Sack has posted this update on his review video:

NOTE: THERE IS A FIRMWARE UPDATE THAT FIXES THE MOST EGREGIOUS BUTTON MAPPING ISSUES. I HAVE TESTED THIS UPDATE AND IT'S GOOD. SO FAR I HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED ANY SOUND ISSUES SINCE THE UPGRADE VIA HDMI.

1 hour ago, strider said:

Excellent news. The first game I am going to play is Ninja Golf!

I thought that game looked really cool when I came across it for the first time recently.But sadly came to the conclusion that there is good reason some game formulas from those days became plagiarised to death and some weren't tried more than once. 

8 minutes ago, Camel said:

Ninja Golf is a fun novelty for about 5 minutes.

I'm sure it will have dated, but for some reason I just really want to play it. Reminds me of that time when we used to get games like Ninja Scooter Simulator or whatever it was called.

2 hours ago, strider said:

I'm sure it will have dated, but for some reason I just really want to play it. Reminds me of that time when we used to get games like Ninja Scooter Simulator or whatever it was called.

The world is a better place with games like Ninja Golf, definitely. Didn't mean to be so down on it. I've even got a copy of it :D

5 hours ago, cassidy said:

Will we get Clumsy Colin action biker sponsored by KP skips is what I want to know. 

Speccy version got played for hours by young me. 

The C64/Atari version is so much better...

Probably going to try the Piko Interactive/Mega Cat carts first