That sucks. I have my concerns about the Switch port anyway but had the physical edition preordered so I could cut my losses at CeX if it turns out bad.

I’m less inclined to pick up a digital copy of this until the guinea pigs come back with their findings.

All I really hope for is good handheld controls and the same commentators from The Golf Club for some of that headphone ASMR. Not too bothered about the course editor being absent.

Even if the port isn’t up to scratch, it’s not as exciting a prospect on Xbox where The Golf Club 2019 is already available on Game Pass (or maybe it was Games with Gold, I forget).

15 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Digital version is out next week I think? Just physics delayed? 

Ahh, yes, looks like it. Hmmm. Around £40 off the Russian eShop, so losing out on a future trade-in if it's poor. But fortunately you can't pre-order, so will see what the reviews say and maybe take a punt. 

Didn't they say the course builder is absent from the Switch version? If so, they've not updated the store text...

image.png.ec40c68273f442e684657a91044a4c60.png

1 hour ago, bm said:

Ahh, yes, looks like it. Hmmm. Around £40 off the Russian eShop, so losing out on a future trade-in if it's poor. But fortunately you can't pre-order, so will see what the reviews say and maybe take a punt. 

Didn't they say the course builder is absent from the Switch version? If so, they've not updated the store text...

image.png.ec40c68273f442e684657a91044a4c60.png

Yeah it looks like they've just copied the text from the other versions. They have confirmed you'll be able to download created courses on the switch which is good. 

Hope the switch version is decent.... otherwise I'm pinning my hopes on a Mario Golf being announced! 

Watched the developer videos and the animation on the swing of the controlled player looks weirdly stiff, like it hasn't been mo-capped, just animated by someone who once watched his dad hit a ball in their back garden.

Not that it's a major thing, once your playing it's all in the feel anyway. Actually, when coupled with the eerie, staring crowds, it's quite pleasingly goofy. And refreshing compared to many slick-looking sports sims that still feel heavily scripted when you play them.

On Switch - I’ve been through the quick tutorial, set up my player and played a round of 18. Played in docked mode.

I really enjoyed it. Nice and quick between shots and holes, which is important to me. The graphics are a bit rough around the edges, shadows are a bit harsh, but didn’t notice pop in - ultimately, the golfer/ball/swing are good.

2 hours ago, Kramer said:

On Switch - I’ve been through the quick tutorial, set up my player and played a round of 18. Played in docked mode.

I really enjoyed it. Nice and quick between shots and holes, which is important to me. The graphics are a bit rough around the edges, shadows are a bit harsh, but didn’t notice pop in - ultimately, the golfer/ball/swing are good.

The review linked above mentions no crowd (which personally I don't mind) but it also says no crowd noises - is this correct? I think the big events would suffer if you don't get a bit of atmosphere on long putts etc. Think I'll wait for it to go on sale....

I

12 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

The review linked above mentions no crowd (which personally I don't mind) but it also says no crowd noises - is this correct? I think the big events would suffer if you don't get a bit of atmosphere on long putts etc. Think I'll wait for it to go on sale....

I’ve started in the lower tour - 3 from the PGA, so not sure if there’s crowd sounds when you get to the PGA, but there were not any in the tour I’m playing. The commentary seemed very good, mind.

Yeah, it's certainly gimped on Switch, but absolutely playable - and arguably the best handheld proper golf game yet.

I'm enjoying it, but I'm terrible at the timing of the downswing :(

Yeah I'm playing on Xbox and the downswing timing is very strict! I got +9 on my first round then turned that off in the settings and got -3! I definitely want to learn to play with it on though (especially as it's going to be on when you play online matches).

PSA: In Training, you can calibrate your downswing which has made the world of difference to me.

Also PSA: Actually the Switch version is pretty rough. Frame rate can interfere with the swing, so you need to compensate for that. Also you need to be online and seemingly accept the 2K Ts and Cs every session. Still enjoying it, but it feels like it's a patch away from being great. 

1 hour ago, scoobysi said:

What’s your initial impression?

Its a more complete package than TGC. Physics seem a lot better. Swing mechanics are a lot harder on the higher difficulties (im varying between pro and master, legendary is just silly). Master difficulty on TGC2019 feels like Pro on this.

As per TGC it plays a very good game of golf but its had a lot of QOL improvementa. If you're wanting a golf game, and going off only four hours play, its the best one out there right now by some distance.

33 minutes ago, Dark Soldier said:

Its a more complete package than TGC. Physics seem a lot better. Swing mechanics are a lot harder on the higher difficulties (im varying between pro and master, legendary is just silly). Master difficulty on TGC2019 feels like Pro on this.

As per TGC it plays a very good game of golf but its had a lot of QOL improvementa. If you're wanting a golf game, and going off only four hours play, its the best one out there right now by some distance.

Sounds good. I saw a YouTube review that mentioned that Pro was the old Master so I think you’re right. Are you on PC or console?