I'll only get this if it gets good reviews on Switch.  I've bought a few Everybody's Golf games on PS3/4, but much prefer golf on handheld.  Hope some of the major sites (GameSpot, IGN) review it on Switch as well as Bone and PS4.

27 minutes ago, Tomcat said:

I'll only get this if it gets good reviews on Switch.  I've bought a few Everybody's Golf games on PS3/4, but much prefer golf on handheld.  Hope some of the major sites (GameSpot, IGN) review it on Switch as well as Bone and PS4.

Its got a few videos of gameplay on YouTube... Looks like the core gameplay is fine. I am tempted. 

17 hours ago, Tomcat said:

I was tempted to get the Switch version too but apparently there are quite a few graphic compromises: framerate drops during cinematics, no crowds and some pop-in. 

Thoroughly enjoying this on Xbox as I knew I would having bought all the Golf Club games before. Its also entered the all

formats chart at No 2 which.is mighty impressive. I did have doubts about the 2K branding and renaming of the game but looks

like it’s worked.

4 hours ago, djbhammer said:

Thoroughly enjoying this on Xbox as I knew I would having bought all the Golf Club games before. Its also entered the all

formats chart at No 2 which.is mighty impressive. I did have doubts about the 2K branding and renaming of the game but looks

like it’s worked.

I've got it installed but not sure going to be able to play before away for a couple of weeks unfortunately. Two mates have it and are thoroughly enjoying it. 

Is it limited to 4 players online? 

15 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

This plays the best round of virtual golf since TW 2004. I really miss the pizazz of that ERA of TW games though.

This feels very clinical in comparison.

Yes - the heartbeat when you had a potential hole in one etc. All felt more spectacular. Only had one round on this and it's definitely the type of game you can feel yourself getting better at. 

9 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Anyone got this on switch and up for some societies play? Would just like to see other player scores etc. (Yes I caved and bought it - one round so far and it seems good enough for what I wanted). 

Is there much difference between docked and handheld?

There seem to be lots of complaints with the switch version as to progress you have to be online (guess people are discovering this with servers being down). That won't be the case if you're wanting it to be portable. 

Otherwise, sounds like it's a solid port with only missing crowds and a slight drop in quality. Frame rate is good in docked and handheld, but can't find anything on the resolutions. The odd crash tho :/ 

I'm thinking I'll get it, but I'd wait for a sale and a patch. 

26 minutes ago, AK Bell said:

There seem to be lots of complaints with the switch version as to progress you have to be online (guess people are discovering this with servers being down). That won't be the case if you're wanting it to be portable. 

Otherwise, sounds like it's a solid port with only missing crowds and a slight drop in quality. Frame rate is good in docked and handheld, but can't find anything on the resolutions. The odd crash tho :/ 

I'm thinking I'll get it, but I'd wait for a sale and a patch. 

At the moment with me WFH then I mainly use my switch undocked at home while the wife watches crap TV. So I'm always on WiFi anyway. I enjoyed my first round and I've equipped my golfer with some really poor taste clothing. 

1 hour ago, AK Bell said:

Eh?  Fuck that then.

6 hours ago, djbhammer said:

From the official twitter acc posted 4 hours ago:

We are aware of the reported issues with the online servers and are working on a resolution. 

Appreciate everyone's patience

Yeh, definitely improved as I played. 

So managed my first round and attempted the pga quali. Even though it is slighlty clunky and no HDR (:() after a few holes I'd completely forgotten about it and thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed it. Great stuff and I can see me playing many, many hours of this with friends.

Managed -4 to quali after leading at the 15th and having a huge wobble on 16 and 17. Lovely stuff.

I've set up a Rllmuk Golfing Society on Switch - first round starts tomorrow and runs for a week.

I've no idea how this works, @Stoppy2000 suggested it so let's see how goes.

See you on the fairway! (Is that something golfers say?)

So someone created a script to hit the exact same shot each time. Exactly the same tempo.

They got wildly varied results, fasts, very fasts, slows, perfects etc. It was set up to be a perfect swing.

Seems tempo is either completely broken, or they have added a lot of RNG which completely fucks a game like this at the highest (well, any) level, especially those who compete on TGCTours. Bit of an uproar about it.

I've turned it off currently and its a vastly more enjoyable game on Master after doing so.

On 25/08/2020 at 10:30, Tomcat said:

Is there much difference between docked and handheld?

I've played it handheld now - it's a definite downgrade. Frame rate on long drives is noticeably rougher and the same for the cut scenes. Everything is a bit blurrier (on screen text is still fine). The actual golfing parts seem unaffected though. I still played 2 rounds so it was playable enough. Feels like a patch is needed. For a handheld golf game it's probably the best we are going to get*

*Until Mario Golf

Issues with the PC game.

Broken cloud saves. When I downloaded the game on my laptop, I had my handicap and earned unlock/currency but no progress. I made a joke character and played a round, now on my PC I have my joke character avatar (handlebar moustache and all) but my original character shows still in game.

Broken saved shots. I hit some absolute screamers last night, but my saved shots were completely different to those I selected. Just random drives and easy putts.

Odd. Hope they fix it.

15 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

I've played it handheld now - it's a definite downgrade. Frame rate on long drives is noticeably rougher and the same for the cut scenes. Everything is a bit blurrier (on screen text is still fine). The actual golfing parts seem unaffected though. I still played 2 rounds so it was playable enough. Feels like a patch is needed. For a handheld golf game it's probably the best we are going to get*

*Until Mario Golf

Thanks.  Good to hear the actual golf is unaffected.  But the always online comment mentioned above is a deal breaker for me.  I'll wait until it's patched at the very least, and might even see if it gets a new release next year.

So I did calibration, and I still can't hit anything except fast and slow shots. I really don't want to put the difficulty down because it's so fucking easy otherwise, but I have no idea how to get better too!

The game does a terrible job of letting you know what you're actually doing wrong. Am I pulling back too slow? Am I transitioning too slow, or is the *only* thing measured the speed of your forward push? And if that's the case why are my results so unpredictable!? I swear I'm doing pretty much the same thing each time...

It's frustrating as hell but in a way it's drawing me back in rather than making me quit :)