The ongoing server issues are really taking the shine off of this - even just trying to play my Tour career and the menuing is so slow. And when you actually get in and finish a round you're stuck with it trying to save/load at the end for about three minutes.

It's a real shame, as I'm really enjoying the golf itself.

On 25/08/2020 at 15:25, bm said:

See you on the fairway! (Is that something golfers say?)

We tend to clean our dimpled balls, put on our lurid slacks and shout, “Golfy! Golfy! Golfy!”

Then spend four hours going nowhere near any fairways. At least that’s my experience.

1 hour ago, bm said:

I've set a very beatable score in the Rllmuk Golfing Society fyi.

Includes a bogey!

I will take a look later! Do we just have a set time to try and get the best score? Or limited attempts?

12 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

I will take a look later! Do we just have a set time to try and get the best score? Or limited attempts?

I believe you only play one round, but you have a week to do so. It's pretty windy out there so wrap up warm.

(Would be interested to see if it cuts in any footage of my round to yours, like they do in the PGA mode.)

47 minutes ago, bm said:

I believe you only play one round, but you have a week to do so. It's pretty windy out there so wrap up warm.

(Would be interested to see if it cuts in any footage of my round to yours, like they do in the PGA mode.)

Didn't get a chance to play last night... Will have a go later. I'll let you know if you make any appearance! 

Yeah, I’ve joined the Rllmuk Society and will play a round.

I’m pretty terrible - getting +20- + 30. Not making it easy of myself by sticking to playing on the Joycons, Pro Difficulty with Swing timing on too.

In a fit of impulsiveness - I bought it on PS4 too - nicer having the crowd, but Switch will get a lot more play overall due to handheld.

20 hours ago, ilpostino said:

The ongoing server issues are really taking the shine off of this - even just trying to play my Tour career and the menuing is so slow. And when you actually get in and finish a round you're stuck with it trying to save/load at the end for about three minutes.

It's a real shame, as I'm really enjoying the golf itself.

That is a shame. It's been working fine for me since that initial go (on ps4). Had some great rounds with friends just shooting the breeze and been plodding along the KF Tour.

Played a crazy one by the sea last night (Lighthouse?) last night. Had to be precise to say the least along with scary height changes. Grabbed the lead at the 15th after hanging in there all the way round and blew it on the 17th & 18th. Still, you live and learn.

What's the criteria for getting on PGA Tour again, I think I've done it with one to play but can't seem to find it?

3 hours ago, Len said:

What's the criteria for getting on PGA Tour again, I think I've done it with one to play but can't seem to find it?

I don't know sorry, I just went straight onto the Tour!

On 27/08/2020 at 07:06, bm said:

It didn't include any cuts to your performance. I posted a terrible score. I am getting better though!

Did you set the weather conditions? It was blowing a gale out there!!

I can get to +2 on the Q School course on PS4. On Switch with joycons - I’ve turned off the swing timing. It’s just too hard to get a reasonable score - I’m +20+ with joycons and swing timing and -2 to -5 with no swing timing. Playing on Pro on both machines.

4gb update on PS4 today.

On 26/08/2020 at 13:49, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

The thing measured is the forward push. Too fast and the ball veers left and too slow, it veers right.

See I'm not sure this is true anymore... Try doing a really slow down push and then a fast/normal forward push, the game puts it on the extreme right of slow. I can't find much consistency in this still after about 8 hours with it, might give up and trade it towards the Tony Hawk remake :(