DIRT 5 - November 2020

3 hours ago, Dudley said:

Oh yeah, more Dirt isn't a bad thing but I've just yet to see it being anything other than more Dirt.

Yeah...agreed. back then it was a really great stab at a multiplayer game that harked back to the sega rally days. Things have certainly moved on. And for the first time there's not really a bit player dev doing that different racing game like motorstorm, pgr, OnRush or Driveclub. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm really looking forward to this. I'd forgotten all about it until I saw payment had been taken from my bank account. Google lists the release date as 16th October, while everywhere else says November. I dunno what's going on there.

5 hours ago, Thwomp said:

I'm really looking forward to this. I'd forgotten all about it until I saw payment had been taken from my bank account. Google lists the release date as 16th October, while everywhere else says November. I dunno what's going on there.

The OP or a Mod need to update the title thread tbh.

6 Nov - PC, Xbox One and PS4

10 Nov - free upgrade for Series S|X

19 Nov - PS5

4 minutes ago, djbhammer said:

The OP or a Mod need to update the title thread tbh.

19 Nov - PS5

PS5 version is delayed until 'later this year'

I've bought and paid for this already with Reward points. I'm hoping it's more like Dirt 3 than 4 overall. I far prefer the arcadey games to the more realistic ones. 

Dirt 4 in fairness, wasn't good at all. Too many unskip-able drifting events in 3 ruined it for me. Please God the annoying "cool guy" cringefest is long gone.

Dirt 2 was the greatest though.

It looks odd that hardly any dirt is hitting the windscreen and from other videos that I’ve seen from cockpit view what there is disappears almost instantly and it looks as though the water might as well not be there. I’m looking forward to this but worry the tracks are all eye candy and no substance.

It's an odd one as whilst that video looks incredibly detailed with a lot of stuff on screen its all a bit uncanny valley, like the closer they get to photo realism the weirder it looks.

29 minutes ago, dave7g said:

I thought it was out this month, but the XBOX store says pre order Nov 6th (I think).

Yep, as follows:

TBC - PS5 (thanks @mdn2 )

• metallicfrodo changed the title to DIRT 5 - November 2020
5 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Looks good but still won't be as good as Rallisport. Just a fact. Why are MS still sitting on that franchise?

Rallisport was made by Dice before they went all Battlefield for EA.

Imagine what could have been had they kept making racers.

12 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Rallisport was made by Dice before they went all Battlefield for EA.

Imagine what could have been had they kept making racers.

Didn't Dan Greenawalt work on RalliSport before he went on to work on the Forza Motorsport franchise?