The Medium (Xbox Series S, X, PC)

I've been watching a lot of reviews that abridge the whole process to a couple of minutes talking and then a very quick delivery of a score. Sometimes, based on hunch, what's said, familiarity with the reviewer, I successfully predict the score.  With that in mind, I am hereby attempting to predict The Medium's score. I think it will settle on a metacritic of 74. 

6 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

Oh man, I didn't think I'd be the most optimistic here. 

Everyone thinks sub 60?

Ah not bothered about scores. Looking forward to this! Not like there are many new titles about at the moment and more so in this genre. Not been reading up on this other than the initial announcements. I have no expectations.

As for scores played plenty of high scoring games that I haven't enjoyed at all so they are pretty meaningless to me.

As regards bloober didn't they make The Observer and The Blair Witch Project? Neither were thet bad. Think Blair Witch is on GamePass too. Might have a try of that before this gets released.

Didn't realise Bloober did Layers Of Fear which I really enjoyed. So I'm optimistic about this.

Blair Witch was the worst game I played in whichever year it was released in. I also played Layers of Fear and between the two games I don't think I was genuinely unnerved once. The quality of writing in both was awful as well.

Literally the only reason I have this preloaded is because it's the first 'proper' Series S/X exclusive and it's meant to make good use of the SSD. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't have even bothered preloading it for free.

EsGXvpWUwAM3njp?format=png&name=large

Hmm, one might be tempted to wonder if the billing the game gets here - almost dead last - is an indication.

I suppose they might be putting the games in order of the platforms they can be played upon, but a bit more of a trumpeting might be expected.

I quite like how everyone’s writing it off*. Lower your expectations, then when it turns out to be half decent, it’ll be a nice surprise.

Unless it really is shit.

*except MattyP :D

2 hours ago, JPL said:

I quite like how everyone’s writing it off*. Lower your expectations, then when it turns out to be half decent, it’ll be a nice surprise.

Unless it really is shit.

*except MattyP :D

Well forever the optimist. It's technically not costing me anything more than what I pay for GamePass and it is the type of game I enjoy so only thing I will loose is a bit of time trying it....

17 minutes ago, JPL said:

Already gone!

You better keep this updated now, Rich. I want my prize!

:) I'll go for a straight 80. It has a soundtrack composed by Akira Yamaoka of Silent Hill fame. Worth at least 5-10% for that.

It's a bit unfortunate for Team Bloober that this is the first native series S/X release so no pressure there. :)

• MattyP changed the title to The Medium (Xbox Series S, X, PC)