rllmuk
ryodi

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2 - remake? remaster? revival? reboot? revert?

Sweet, any trailer that uses dead Kennedys is a winner.

56 minutes ago, Azrael said:

No Switch edition yet

Right, Activision? Switch will get the Deluxe Version with the THPS3 Maps included... 

and cost £50 because switch-tax

1 hour ago, SeanR said:

and cost £50 because switch-tax

Bargain! 

I will gladly pay double that. This is the best news.

Some footage of it being played badly by the man on the box, and also Jack Black, with bonus old men on skateboards:

• Upvote 4

Maybe this will wake up EA and we’ll get Skate 4. Skater XL is due in July and Session maybe might get released at some point on Xbox(not holding my breath!). 

I’ll definitely get this, for old times sake, but the Skate series kinda ruined THPS for me. 

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

Maybe this will wake up EA and we’ll get Skate 4. Skater XL is due in July and Session maybe might get released at some point on Xbox(not holding my breath!). 

I’ll definitely get this, for old times sake, but the Skate series kinda ruined THPS for me. 

Im looking forward to Skate 3 going back on the dashboard sale for about £4 get me hyped up for all these.

The fact of what they have done with the music is what is great for me as Crazy Taxi is never as good as it was on the dreamcast with the tunes. 

50 minutes ago, Dan said:

Skater XL, imo, needs alot of work before July based upon the Steam Early Access, the trailer they showed recently looks promising but the controls feel a bit too forgiving.

Session goes the opposite way (though let's you customise how "realistic" the controls are, I turned it to manual catch the other day, which requires you to actually input commands on the sticks at the right time to land a trick and was well out of my depth), and currently feels like more of a finished product.

35 minutes ago, wev said:

Skater XL, imo, needs alot of work before July based upon the Steam Early Access, the trailer they showed recently looks promising but the controls feel a bit too forgiving.

Session goes the opposite way (though let's you customise how "realistic" the controls are, I turned it to manual catch the other day, which requires you to actually input commands on the sticks at the right time to land a trick and was well out of my depth), and currently feels like more of a finished product.

I’ve been so excited for Session for years! As a console only gamer it feels like I’ve been waiting for it forever and a day. 
it’ll be a nice problem to have when we’ve got three skating games to choose from, especially since it’s been an eternity since Skate 3 :) 

Hopefully this will play well online, I’m not sure if Skater XL and Session have any kind of multiplayer stuff planned? 

There's a multiplayer mod for Skater XL, I'd hope both want something official as that was a huge part of the Skate games.

Apparently this isn't going to have all of the tracks from the previous soundtracks. I wonder what the omissions are going to be.

Digital pre-orders will get the Warehouse demo early. That...kinda sounds familiar for some reason. 

it'll be £25 a few weeks after us old duffers have bought it. I was contemplating the skateboard version but 

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0.p

popped in my head so drew a line under it 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Down by Law said:

it'll be £25 a few weeks after us old duffers have bought it. I was contemplating the skateboard version but 

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0.p

popped in my head so drew a line under it 

Been playing Skate the last few weeks and have just spec”d and bought a new board. I’m having a corona crisis at 55 Only skated cruiser boards before so it’s destination kick flip or A&E :)

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, macosx said:

Been playing Skate the last few weeks and have just spec”d and bought a new board. I’m having a corona crisis at 55 Only skated cruiser boards before so it’s destination kick flip or A&E :)

Join us.  Joiiinn usssss.

There's an amazing skate thread in Off Topic.

I'm on the fence with the THPS remake. I loved 1 and 2 so much when they were released, but they're just not as enjoyable as the Skate series now. Probably still day 1, but we'll have to wait and see.

• Upvote 1

How the fart is this not coming out on switch. It would be perfect.

• Upvote 1

Hmm i thought someone saw it mentioned on an advert somewhere? But yeah thats a great song.

NO BRING THE NOISE?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I wonder which party said no/"Give us $3,000,000" to the request.

• Upvote 3

On 12/05/2020 at 23:04, Nate Dogg III said:

Some footage of it being played badly by the man on the box, and also Jack Black, with bonus old men on skateboards:

More from that reunion event:

My Dreamcast THPS disc is scratched to buggery.

I didn’t try my THPS2 disc. I will.