Sim Racing Central

3 hours ago, Meers said:

Wow, nice! You won't regret that, mate. 8-)

It's so much better already.  Had a quick go and everything feels more rigid, and it's really nice to be planted in the chair.

I'm able to apply brake pressure much more easily so I've upped the values in the driver to compensate.  I've also increased the force feedback a little.

Haven't fitted the shifter mount yet. I'm on the lookout for a cheap TH8A or Fanatec shifter now.

Hi folks, this is from the GT Sport thread but just thought I’d share in case any lapsed   GT Sport players want to join in our special christmAs races on Monday night 8pm this coming week.

“Hey, this is the last weekend of our Xmas livery competition raising funds for Special Effects charity. Due you people’s massive generosity we’ve raised £100 so far. You don’t have to contribute to enter the competition, and you don’t have to crest a livery to donate. 
link to the GoFundMe is here https://gofund.me/06071e77

This week’s Monday Night Race Club will be in the Mazda MX5 Roadster Touring cars with the Xmas liveries if you’ve got them!”

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, Halo said:

Motorsport Games make the NASCAR Heat series and recently acquired KartKraft

Theyre also making a British Touring Car Championship game, scheduled for 2022...  I have such fond memories of the Codies BTCC games!  Please be good! :wub:

That bodes really well for the BTCC game doesn't it?  rFactor 2 is often regarded as having the best physics and tyre models in sim racing (despite it sucking in other areas).

It is worrying though watching all the sim producers get gobbled up by global megacorps who won't give a shit.

Yes it bodes well for the BTCC game but all those BTCC mods on the steam workshop for rFactor 2?.... I'd be worried.

18 minutes ago, Dudley said:

It is worrying though watching all the sim producers get gobbled up by global megacorps who won't give a shit.

Probably this one is the least worst since they're literally a company focused on motorsport with a lot of cloud (I don't like their websites but they are very influential). I am more worried about Codemasters under EA.

Let's take some bets... who will buy iRacing next?

Yeah, they're focused on motorsport.

They have a lot of deals with everyone.

The best bit about rFactor 2 is the reams of content that's not super in line with licencing laws but Studio 387 weren't worth going after.

Now they're owned by someone who relies on those same series/manufacturers for their entire business.

• 2 weeks later...

Ferrari e-sports are firing up registrations for a new 2021 championship.  Uses Assetto Corsa for the PC

https://esports-registration.ferrari.com/?mc_cid=f89e500955&mc_eid=63d394793c

If you sign up you get sent Steam keys to unlock two Ferrari cars (one was used last year, but one is brand new); the Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo and the brand new Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo.

You don't have to even race, you can also just do hotlaps for the qualifying events if you fancy it..

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing the Race Sim Studio "Formula Hybrid 2021" recently.

It's a paid mod sure but with some skins from RaceSimCentral and a bit of messing with the front end for performance, it's a better F1 game than anything Codemasters have put out.

5 minutes ago, Dudley said:

It's a paid mod sure but with some skins from RaceSimCentral and a bit of messing with the front end for performance, it's a better F1 game than anything Codemasters have put out.

Been meaning to try this the last few days.  With the bank holiday I'm gonna give it a go.  Gonna be awesome trying the F1 cars in VR!

8 hours ago, Dudley said:

I have bought the 2020 version last year. It's amazing and indeed, AC is unintentionally the best F1 sim.

1 minute ago, Meers said:

Nice piece of kit! Is it sequential as well?

Yeah there's a switch to make it sequential.  Just need to build the rig attachment now (I didn't do it before) so might be a weekend job.