IGNORED

Sim Racing Central

Meers

Question for you guys with pedals... when you brake do you keep your heel planted and use your ankles as a pivot?  Or do you fully lift your leg and push forward on the brake without much ankle movement?  (i.e. using your leg muscles to push?)

11 minutes ago, milko said:

I think I use my ankle to pivot, but honestly I've got problems building there, I suspect due to not having much of an arch in my foot. I end up curling my toes, pressing with them too much and it's not good. 

I wondered why my new sprint pedals have the brake pedal face sitting higher than the throttle, and was reading that the throttle is lower so than you can rest and pivot the ankle to apply pressure (with it requiring less force) but for the brake you should lift and push with your leg muscles.

I realised I was doing the same for both (resting and pivoting the ankle) so I've just done a practice session where I was concious to lift my foot off the pedal tray when braking.  It felt much easier to trail brake moving the whole leg off rather than pivoting the ankle.

More experimentation needed!

20 hours ago, davejm said:

Question for you guys with pedals... when you brake do you keep your heel planted and use your ankles as a pivot?  Or do you fully lift your leg and push forward on the brake without much ankle movement?  (i.e. using your leg muscles to push?)

When braking in a straight line, I fully lift my heel. Then when it gets to the trail braking, I rest my heel again for more accuracy.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Meers said:

TT Circuit Assen (my home circuit - yay!) has been added to RaceRoom! Gotta get back into it!

Absolutely fantastic circuit. I’m lucky enough to have been there in 

98 to see Fogarty win in the World Superbikes. Amazing place, amazing atmosphere on the campsite.

5 hours ago, Count Buffalos said:

Has anyone got any experience of VR in Raceroom?

I’ve tried it a few times, and it’s pretty good. 

There’s a weird bug though - when you first start the game your viewpoint starts way, way up in the air. If you look straight down you can see a teeny dot which is the menu. You need to reset the view using the Quest handset to be repositioned in front of the menu.