Mafia Remastered Trilogy - PC - PS4 - XB - Out Now

43 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

On to Mafia 3! I'm not looking forward to this one as much purely because I understand it's more GTA/Ubisoft shite rather than the tight focused story of the first two. We'll see. 

For what it's worth I really enjoyed Mafia 3, even the filler stuff. Though I will admit, if I went to go through a second playthrough I'd likely not enjoy the filler so much.

The driving is great, the soundtrack also. But the story is fucking fantastic. And if you actually want a change of pace the DLC is actually good.

Just now, Doctor Shark said:

Two questions: If i ignore all the side crap, how much of a disadvantage do I put myself at and how long is the game?

None, the game comes with a bunch of cars and weapons you can call up at any point. I played most of the game with its version of the AK and a silenced pistol. It was glorious. 

As for how long, here are my play times for all three games:

Mafia - 10.6hrs

Mafia II - 11.5hrd

Mafia III - 28.2hrs (some of this was two of three DLC side stories - maybe six hours?)

Oh another thought on Mafia 2: the atmosphere. The game never recaptured the atmosphere set by the start: snow, Christmas, the lights, Bing Crosby on the radio. It was incredible. The rest of the game never lived up to that, for me. 

8 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Oh god no. No no no. You know how these games are so good because they don't do the tedious sandbox icon checklist busywork? Well, they listened to idiots who wanted it to be more like that and they responded with the DLC. It's shite.

3 is well worth it for the story. Ignore all the collectibles* and side missions.

*I may have picked up some Playboys somehow

I thought it was genuinely hilarious that in 3 you can collect Playboy articles as well as the pics.

Please could someone tell me what happens in 1 that links it to a mission in 2 as mentioned by @Down by Law and @Mr. Gerbik? I'm on my first ever game of 1 and only have a couple of chapters to go. I have played 2 many times, so unless the moment happens at the end of 1, then I think I must have missed it. Thanks.

11 minutes ago, skondo said:

Please could someone tell me what happens in 1 that links it to a mission in 2 as mentioned by @Down by Law and @Mr. Gerbik? I'm on my first ever game of 1 and only have a couple of chapters to go. I have played 2 many times, so unless the moment happens at the end of 1, then I think I must have missed it. Thanks.

in the epilogue after you’ve completed the game

I’ve hit on an issue with this unfortunately.

Every time it starts to play the cutscene at the start of the mission ‘Just for relaxation’, my Xbox completely shuts down. I’ve retried it about 4 times and it always does it at the exact same point. Shame as I was really enjoying it!

8 minutes ago, Mystacon said:

I’ve hit on an issue with this unfortunately.

Every time it starts to play the cutscene at the start of the mission ‘Just for relaxation’, my Xbox completely shuts down. I’ve retried it about 4 times and it always does it at the exact same point. Shame as I was really enjoying it!

Have you done a hard reset of the console?

25 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

Have you done a hard reset of the console?

Yeah :(

It’s on my One X so I’m going to try downloading it on the One S downstairs to see if it gets around it. 

14 minutes ago, skondo said:

Hope you can get the issue resolved @Mystacon.

My main problem playing on PS4 Pro is trying to play the game with a hovercraft in the room.

I did, thanks.

I managed to download it on my other Xbox and it worked fine from there :)

Finished 1 DE tonight. Played on normal and apart from one stealth section I found it a little easy and the driving is fine. I mostly enjoyed this and enjoyed the story too. It’s written quite well and the dialogue is certainly more convincing than most of the chat in Mafia 2. 

The story link between 1 & 2 was nicely done, although I was expecting something like a subtle nod or name drop not what actually happened.