Browsing through my recommendations on the Xbox One i came across this!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/double-dragon/9mv39gfqmwl4?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Looking further into it there is a whole host of other releases:-

https://arcsystemworks.com/double-dragon-kunio-kun-retro-brawler-bundle-brings-18-classic-games-to-the-west-later-this-month/

https://arcsystemworks.com/game/double-dragon-kunio-kun-retro-brawler-bundle/ - This seems to be Nintendo Switch & PS4 only!

Contains

DOUBLE DRAGON series
– DOUBLE DRAGON (1987)
– DOUBLE DRAGON II: The Revenge (1988)
– DOUBLE DRAGON III: The Sacred Stones (1990)

Kunio-kun series 
– Renegade (1986)
– Super Dodge Ball (1988)
– River City Ransom (1989)
– Crash’n the Boys Street Challenge (1992)

Kunio-kun series
(Published only in Japan, first time localized in NA)
– Nekketsu Renegade Kunio-kun
– Nekketsu High School Dodgeball Club
– Downtown Nekketsu Story
– Nekketsu High School Dodgeball Club – Soccer Story
– Downtown Nekketsu March Super-Awesome Field Day!
– Downtown Special Kunio-kun’s Historical Period Drama!
– Go-Go! Nekketsu Hockey Club Slip-and-Slide Madness
– Surprise! Nekketsu New Records! The Distant Gold Medal
– Nekketsu Fighting Legend
– Kunio-kun’s Nekketsu Soccer League
– Nekketsu! Street Basketball All-Out Dunk Heroes

For those of you with the XBOX One you have these limited options:-

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/search/shop/Games?q=Kunio-kun%3A+The+World+Classics+Collection

Seven games at £4.19 each isnt so bad!

NES Double Dragon was one of the first games i owned and i really cant wait to play it again. 

• Upvote 3

How Double Dragon is handled totally sums up what’s wrong with retro gaming. This does look like a really nice collection, but I’d imagine the majority of gamers in the UK have almost no history with the NES games, so where are the arcade originals? Double Dragon was a massive arcade game, especially the cooperative two player meaning at the end you had to beat the living shit out of your mate to see who was really going to have sex with the lady! 

But the whole thing of the NES versions being revered and only getting the re-releases is total nonsense! How can they ever convey the disappointment of getting the 8-bit home computer versions for Xmas 88 which were awful compared to the arcade? 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, gone fishin' said:

How Double Dragon is handled totally sums up what’s wrong with retro gaming. This does look like a really nice collection, but I’d imagine the majority of gamers in the UK have almost no history with the NES games, so where are the arcade originals? Double Dragon was a massive arcade game, especially the cooperative two player meaning at the end you had to beat the living shit out of your mate to see who was really going to have sex with the lady! 

But the whole thing of the NES versions being revered and only getting the re-releases is total nonsense! How can they ever convey the disappointment of getting the 8-bit home computer versions for Xmas 88 which were awful compared to the arcade? 

I'm in the same boat. Was interested when I first read about this, only to discover it's the gimped versions. It's akin to them putting on original Outrun to buy, then you discover it's the C64 version!

On a side note I still have the Xbox Arcade version of Double Dragon which was pretty good. You could play it with original graphics or the smoothed out "enhanced" version. I believe it hasn't been available for a while due to licencing issues and was delisted a good few years back. 

Can't see my paying full price for this, but will definitely be on it if it ever ends up in a sale for the set of localised Kunio-Kun games.

3 hours ago, Arn Ironjaw said:

For me the NES was my first exposure to the series, so it holds a special place. 

Likewise. NES Double Dragon II was a Tuesday afternoon fixture throughout childhood- arcades were too expansive and I didn't get to go very often. I'd love to play this compilation but making it digital-only with a £30+ price point is a bit of a shame, especially considering the new localisations.

16 hours ago, gone fishin' said:

Double Dragon arcade has been ported or re-released for just about every format that's existed since the 8-bit days though, hasn't it? And 2 as well - re-released of 3 seem rarer but I'm sure it's happened. All 3 of them are available on Antstream, for example.

This is much more interesting to me, as someone who never really played the NES versions. The Kunio-kun collection even more so - don't think I'd pay £4 per game for all of them though.