IGNORED

Minecraft Dungeons - Diablo Lite for Switch, Xbox, PC, PS4

moosegrinder

Kids have got back into this since we picked up the nether and Hidden Depths DLCs.

Obligatory rant that family accounts can’t share dlc so had to buy them multiple times as they access the main game through my Gamepass account so couldn’t use it to get the season pass.

Still can’t see the appeal myself (much like the parent game) but they are loving it again

I don't let the kids play on my account (except for games where they don't really play themselves, like Forza) and I'm pretty sure they're able to access the DLC via the Hero Pass and Season Pass I bought. I'll double check, though.

5 minutes ago, TehStu said:

I don't let the kids play on my account (except for games where they don't really play themselves, like Forza) and I'm pretty sure they're able to access the DLC via the Hero Pass and Season Pass I bought. I'll double check, though.

I was ‘reliably’ informed via google otherwise but even now would probably save me money just to buy the season pass on my account so would be interested to know.

1 hour ago, dreamylittledream said:

I was ‘reliably’ informed via google otherwise but even now would probably save me money just to buy the season pass on my account so would be interested to know.

Yup, just tried on the console which isn't primary (so the one I have to remain logged in on), I can log in as my son and see all the DLC. I'll try with the primary console too, when I get a sec.

• 2 weeks later...

Echoing Void is fun so far, and I haven't even got there!

You need to collect 6 dragon eyes (discs?) to put in that portal which is normally on the ground in Minecraft, to take you to The End. Some sort of mega Enderman (Endermen? Endermans?) has a disc each and new paths are added to levels all over the base world. I've got 4 so far, doing them at my power level (86) on apocalypse. Holy crap, one of them had thorns, which is BAD news for me. My build is a bit glass cannon, relying on utterly bonkers bow damage (I have a unique, gilded bow with 2 different acceleration enchantments by default, made all that ancient hunt grinding worth it) and then health leeching on my glaive to make up for being a bit weak. But of course, anything with thorns or deflect complete negates that, so I was kiting the damn thing around the room as I could health pot and rely on my 2 pets to damage him all the while. But with this bow you can just hold down the trigger and instead of a charged shot it fires arrows like a mini gun, which you can do more quickly than reading the little label to see what buffs the boss has... oops

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had an amazing session with my lad on this yesterday. He was about 15 power behind me so we started mopping up gear drops and rewards for his map on whatever apocalypse level made sense. Problem with trying to twink lower levels is always making sure they target you and not the weaker player. Anyway, this eventually made us think about different builds, as we've got entirely to this point doing whatever we personally like. So I tried out some melee and really didn't fancy it, but then he thought about different heals and stuff and so we tried out him hanging back and putting down a totem shield and a healing thing in place and just standing there while I spam my absurd bow from range. Or, if they reach the shield, just standing a little inside it and glaiving them all and letting my wolves mop up the rest. Worked well, and even let us do maps at my power, which was well above his. Finally, a tome dropped that lets you cast random enchants on your party, so he gave that a whirl and suddenly I'm routinely getting buffs that make me swing a glaive like a dagger and my wolves are critting for 15k for fun. In fact, my wolves took down a redstone golem on their own.

So my son being my son fires up the arch-illager level on an apocalypse level above our power. I internally sigh and wait for us to get splatted. Except we don't. True, we pull too many once, but get to the boss with only 1 life lost. Feeling confident now. And my arrows are utterly berserk, so I just need uninterrupted time mashing RT to bring him down. First phase is beyond easy, second phase my son puts down his totem shield and I'll be damned if it blocks the cross laser beams and I just spam him down again, and we've beat him. :lol:

So apparently, we've now unlocked Apocalypse Plus. Need to beat a boss on VII, which is power 120. I'm still 101 and the difference is I have to use a health potion while meleeing a simple armored mob. So, that ain't happening. But still, it makes me realize there's way, way more to the game than folks probably give credit before, it's just behind quite a grind. I can totally see folks unlocking adventure difficulty and not being arsed to get to apocalypse, which is where the game really opens up with regularly enchanted mobs (enchanted, increased sized creepers, ffs) and so on.

Anyone got the new battle pass? I'm a few levels in and the rewards are mostly emeralds, but I did get a Knight or something and don't know what it does.

So what's anyone's load out? This is mine, but I'm not sure it's optimal 

XUIjzXN.png

My scythe has the enchantment that gets my health from souls and my armour has last gasp, which triggers all my items once my health gets down to 25%. For items, I ha e the health restore thing, a golem and a thing that either does lightening, fire or ice. My bow has two of the enchantments that gets emeralds for killing mobs. 

What does anyone else have? 

Exactly as it sounds, pick shit up without having to press a button. Some ARPGs have it as a toggle. It's annoying to have to keep tapping A for shit like food items and arrows. There's no need for it. Basically I'm lazy and spoiled.

Also it still drops fuck all arrows or have I just been unlucky?

I went back to the Creepy Crypts on Adventure....something and it's all spiders, skeletons and creepers. Basically shit you need arrows for.l because my items/abilities/whatever weren't ranged. My crossbow is awesome and could barely use it.

I do wonder with games like this is if you go back with a character you haven't used in a significant amount of time it does something fucky to the underlying maths and mechanics of the game. I haven't played since me and my OH went through it when it came out.

Hmm. But when you're playing couch co-op, we like to coordinate who gets what. Like, who actually needs food, or could use arrows, etc. And sometimes I have to tell my son to pickup his rare/common crap because he's all about the uniques. Be good to have the option, though.

If we're wishlisting, I want to be able to sort my inventory by level. And auto sell my commons, because I'm nearly max on rares all the time which I keep for hunts. Also, the weapon/armor/etc filter should be on the blacksmith screen, so I don't have to scroll through 300 items to find stuff.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Yeah there's some baffling omissions for a game that's been out 18 months. Very odd.

Aye. I mean, I get it, I should probably just sell everything except the stuff I really want, and then grind a couple of quests if I need to do hunts. But with such an arbitrarily low max inventory, the least they could do is add useful filters.

I hope so, because I've only managed level 4 on apocalypse and 21 on adventure, so far. Guessing you really have to pick the items carefully.

I keep meaning to post my current build. So my son and I decided to do the ??? level and you can just blaze a couple of level's worth of XP in no time. But then because he actually has a sense of adventure, he decided to have a go on Apoc + 4, a solid 20 power above his, because beating a boss on that unlocks Apoc + 6. So he absolutely slogs his way through all of those cows, I can't believe he stuck with it. And then on the boss he got him down about 1/3 by blowing all his arrows and then jumping off the edge to respawn outside of the area, so he can wait for cooldowns etc. This took ages. With one life left he tags me in (it's still like 15 power above me) and we both go in blazing. We've got him stuck on the scenery and I have to rez my son between giant fireballs, but I'll be damned we took him down with my bonkers arrows.

I love these little triumphs. Just ordered a copy for my nephew so hoping to twink him up to speed quickly here.

I've found a decent set of gear that allows me to pretty much AFK farm xp and emeralds. 

vLoI6bQ.png

The key things here are two enchants on the amour, in conjunction with the artifacts. 

Last Shout will trigger the artifacts when your health drops below 25%, including the Health Totem. The Wonderful Wheat and Juicy Bone summon a llama and dog, which do the killing for you. The Beenest armour summons bees whenever you get hit, which also do some killing. The Thorns enchantment deals a percentage of the damage you receive back to the mob who hit you. I've also got two lots of Prospector enchantments on my bow and melee weapon - these vastly increase the amount of emeralds dropped when mobs get killed. 

What I then do is go to Pumpkin Pastures where there's a point where you have to hit two switches to lower a drawbridge. Until you do, mobs continuously spawn. I just stand next to the closed drawbridge, let the mobs spawn and have my gear kill them without me having to do anything. 

Sort of. 

It can't be set at too high a difficulty, or I get killed. The lower the difficulty, the less aggressive mobs are, so sometimes they steer clear of my and I have to pick up any stragglers. And it sometimes crashes, so I like to hoover up the emeralds and any gear dropped every so often. 

Either way, leaving it running today has netted me 20k emeralds and advanced me 10 levels. 

Here's what I'm running at the moment. Not sure if I'll use this solo but it's what I have for coop with my son:

image.thumb.png.7ba0684d73c430117866dc3f7d4e3587.png

This bow is bonkers. I hold down RT and bosses just melt. I've got a similar one which doesn't auto fire and still has a charged shot, but I just spam RT manually to get the same effect. Basically, I have a weapon, armor and bow set alternating in the blacksmith to level up while I play with the other. My recently acquired golem is going to need a little leveling up, though.

Gosh I need to flog all my rares, looking at that screenshot. I tend to save it for hunts, but I haven't done any for ages.

So here's a thing, this isn't an afk farming build but it's fairly powerful if you're happy to run away or hide behind walls to get through it if things get a bit hot

Armour: any armour with -40% artifact cooldown and one, preferably two, cool down enchants (battle robe, evocation robe, or a unique equivalent like ember robe)

Artifacts: totem of regen, corrupted seeds, satchel of elements

Weapons can be whatever plays nicely together with each other, but I'm currently running a soul ranged weapon with anima conduit (for healing), soul siphon (for more souls), and chain reaction (hoping that more hits trigger more soul siphons). For melee I have Soul Fists but they just boost the soul gathering +1, using them mainly for the fact they have crit / void strike / radiance which all work brilliantly on super fast melee. So any fast melee with stacking / proc chance enchants like that would work.

If there's something really scary I can hide or run and use the artifacts, but the fast melee does stupid damage and I can stand in the regen while I beat the crap out of stuff. The stacked cooldown is a literal lifesaver because the next regen is ready just before the last one runs out, and the other two have about a second or two cooldown time.

I'm still a bit squishy, but I can't work out how to NOT be squishy in this game!

One thing I'm looking out for now is the enchant that increases damage based on souls held; as I have no soul spending gear on at the moment it should be quite powerful.

13 minutes ago, paulamagaula said:

Where is the view from, the arch illager boss fight?

Bow? Pretty sure I bought it from the vendor by the hunt entrance (that's what the gilded bit is, I think?). For him to sell a unique, I had to unlock his 3rd slot. Truthfully, I was just wanting the achievement for a fully upgraded, unique, gilded weapon. But it turned out to be bonkers, so I use it!

3 hours ago, paulamagaula said:

So here's a thing, this isn't an afk farming build but it's fairly powerful if you're happy to run away or hide behind walls to get through it if things get a bit hot

Armour: any armour with -40% artifact cooldown and one, preferably two, cool down enchants (battle robe, evocation robe, or a unique equivalent like ember robe)

Artifacts: totem of regen, corrupted seeds, satchel of elements

Weapons can be whatever plays nicely together with each other, but I'm currently running a soul ranged weapon with anima conduit (for healing), soul siphon (for more souls), and chain reaction (hoping that more hits trigger more soul siphons). For melee I have Soul Fists but they just boost the soul gathering +1, using them mainly for the fact they have crit / void strike / radiance which all work brilliantly on super fast melee. So any fast melee with stacking / proc chance enchants like that would work.

If there's something really scary I can hide or run and use the artifacts, but the fast melee does stupid damage and I can stand in the regen while I beat the crap out of stuff. The stacked cooldown is a literal lifesaver because the next regen is ready just before the last one runs out, and the other two have about a second or two cooldown time.

I'm still a bit squishy, but I can't work out how to NOT be squishy in this game!

One thing I'm looking out for now is the enchant that increases damage based on souls held; as I have no soul spending gear on at the moment it should be quite powerful.

A lot of people seem to use Fighters Bindings for the speed element. I've been trying to find a set, but haven't come across them yet, despite having speed run Soggy Cave dozens of times. I have a set of the Soul Fists, though. I may need to give them a better go. 

I suspect some loot is level / difficulty specific. I was trying for ages to get armour with the Last Call enchantment, especially in conjunction with Thorns, now I get it on virtually every bit of armour I pick up. 

I just can't seem to progress much further in terms of difficulty. I tried Apocalypse +7, which it says is right for my power, and died a horrible and painful death. Not really sure how to git gud. Or if I'm just using the wrong gear.