Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (Switch) - May 29th

mdn2

I'm level 25 and I'm getting flattened by

Spoiler

Xord (also 25). There aren't many side quests left where I get actual xp, you can't hurt him without having the chain attack going so I thought get the adds down, fill up the chain, break him and flatten him. I just get fucked.

What am I doing wrong?

I bought this a few days ago and it's already earned a superlative that I've never felt needed a category up until this point: Number one in Captivating but Fucking Frustrating. 

ENEMIES CAN ONLY BE STAGGERED IF THEY'RE ENCHANTED. BUT YOU CAN'T ENCHANT ENEMIES UNTIL THEY'RE BAFFLED AND YOU CAN'T BAFFLE ENEMIES UNTIL THEY'VE BEEN ENFEEBLED. ENFEEBLEMENT ONLY WORKS ON A CHAIN ATTACK SECOND FORM IF YOU'RE HOLDING A CAT (CATS STAGGER, BUT *DON'T* CAUSE CONUNDRUM). 

IF YOU DON'T USE ENOUGH ARTS, YOU'RE FUCKED. BUT FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST DON'T USE THEM TOO MUCH. AND ONLY USE THE RIGHT ONES. BUT ONLY IF THEY'RE SITUATIONALLY RELEVANT, WHICH YOU WILL NEVER KNOW BECAUSE YOU'RE SPENDING ALL YOUR TIME IN BATTLE STARING AT WHAT IS ESSENTIALLY A SCROLL MAP. 

I like collecting items though. 

I found the tutorials pretty good - the game (at least the Wii version) doesn’t shove them in your face, but they’re all accessible via the menu. 

The only bit I don’t recall them being clear on is that Auras don’t stack. If a character has an Aura art active, then using a second Aura art replaces the first.

I will say that, even as someone who loves the game, having to use Enchant every time you fight Mechon is balls. They should have found some kind of plot override after the halfway point. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hit a bit of a block with this now.

I'm fighting the Leone Telethia boss and not making any headway at all. I've tried putting Meliá and the Nopon dude in my party but still getting nowhere against that one as I "miss" my attacks and can't charge up the Monado to use purge.

Not sure I can bother carrying on to be honest, the game is too overcomplicated for its own good I think.

The enemies drop stuff but it's never really explained what to do with it all. I've linked skills in the submenu but I've no idea why or what it does. God knows how the gem crafting stuff works.

I just keep updating the equipment to what seems to be the strongest and brute forcing fights. Don't seem to have much input to the other party members during fights either.

All just a bit meh I think which is a shame as I have wanted to play this for years.

• 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Alexlotl said:

My lad started watching the new Netflix He-Man reboot this morning (not the Kevin Smith one). I found Prince Adam and Man At Arms kind of... familiar looking.

shulkreyn.thumb.jpg.9551a1b9b9600082637c5c2f8e837561.jpg

THAT'S He-MAN !?!?! !!!