WRC 9 Game thread. || Codemasters secure WRC license from 2023

ryodi

^ yeah the stages were fun, i was thinking i might not enjoy them initially too. I think the games at its best when the stages are pretty wide, reminds me of old cmr games. But some stages are really narrow, and especially with worn tires, these can be pretty annoying.

had some more goes, one penalty both times but went slightly faster:

spatular 14’36”475

Another top time by spatular, leaving us in his dust trail! 

Argentina (El Condor reverse/Cuchilla Nevada/Parque Tematico)

Ranked

1.  spatular                14’36”475  PS5
2. scoobysi               15’21”190   PS5

3. SharkyOB              15'55"701  PC

4. deerokus               17'0"659    Series X
5. AlexM                    18'49"763  PS5

Uncle Mike           PS5

MNFRMTMRRW   Series X

Malc                      PS5

Ford-UK                PS5

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, geldra said:

Is there a specific class you have to do this in?  (Seem to remember the weekly trials offering the option to do it in various classes (like Junior WRC)).

You can choose any class, but you won't be competitive unless you go full WRC.

spatular 18’55”736 PS5

had one quick go, stage 1 was a bit all over the place, but got back into it for the second stage, although had a few crashes in the middle, lucky no penalties. These stages are great fun.

New Zealand (Batley reverse/Te Akau South)

Ranked

1.  spatular                18’55”736  PS5

scoobysi              PS5

SharkyOB             PC

deerokus              Series X
AlexM                   PS5

Uncle Mike           PS5

MNFRMTMRRW   Series X

Malc                      PS5

geldra                   PS5

spatular 18’44”798 PS5

2 more goes, first one was ^ slightly faster, second one was a disaster, loads of panalties.

edit - had some more goes, first one slightly faster despite penalties:

spatular 18’39”479 PS5

edit - last go, no penalties but a few close calls and some reversing, much better:

spatular 18’20”092 PS5

Malc 19’11’’550

Only had time for one go so far, and the 2nd stage is a long bastard so it was very much slow and steady for me. :lol:

Ford-UK: 20’38”205

Pretty intensely long second stage there. Though it’s my first challenge attempt so it’s probs par for the course.  I don’t have much spare time so I’m unlikely to get another run at this. S’good fun though.  Great game. 

(Love the pampas grass animation)

Not been doing any gaming for a while, didn't even realise this had this mode available now!  Just went straight in with the 5 tries.

18:22:971......crashed a few times and had a couple of spins, few bits where I eased off. Could easily take another 10-20 secs off, and get under 18mins with a solid run. 

Still think this is the best Rally game ever made. It's soooooo good! The DualSense is amazing but it proper messes my hands up on this game. 

Some properly good and close times by @spatular and @CrichStand. I’ve had one go with penalties but even so don’t think I’ll get anywhere near those, I’ll try and have another go in the morning.

New Zealand (Batley reverse/Te Akau South)

Ranked

1.  spatular                18’20”092  PS5

2. CrichStand           18:22:971   PS5

3. Malc                      19’11’’550   PS5

4. scoobysi               19’34”829  PS5

5. Ford-UK.               20’38”205 PS5

6. MNFRMTMRRW   21’24”705  Series X

7. AlexM                    22’16”335  PS5

SharkyOB             PC

Uncle Mike           PS5

I limped across the line in 22’16”335, I tried again but my fingers were too tired from the first attempt - DualSense is great but it feels like a mini workout every time! 

It’s fucking terrifying as well, when you’re able to open it up, the sense of speed is great. You’re just a twitch away from rolling it or spinning out. 

Those New Zealand courses are a really nice mix in comparison to something like Argentina’s. 

New Zealand (Batley reverse/Te Akau South)

Ranked

1.  spatular                18’20”092  PS5

2. CrichStand           18:22:971   PS5

3. SharkyOB              18'42"847 PC

4. Malc                      19’11’’550   PS5

5. scoobysi               19’34”829  PS5

6. Ford-UK.               20’38”205 PS5

7. MNFRMTMRRW    21’24”705  Series X

8. AlexM                    22’16”335  PS5

Uncle Mike           PS5

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else using a Ps5 controller for this?

I find it incredibly difficult to control - have you changed the settings around to make it handle better? I seem to be going ok and then I’ll lurch to one side before massively over correcting. 

When I can control the car it’s good fun. I think this is the first rally gane I’ve played since Rallisport on the Xbox. 

The career mode also throws you in at the deep end a wee bit. A lot of info to take in. 

15 minutes ago, Alshie said:

Is anyone else using a Ps5 controller for this?

I find it incredibly difficult to control - have you changed the settings around to make it handle better? I seem to be going ok and then I’ll lurch to one side before massively over correcting. 

When I can control the car it’s good fun. I think this is the first rally gane I’ve played since Rallisport on the Xbox. 

The career mode also throws you in at the deep end a wee bit. A lot of info to take in. 

I found it unplayable with a controller on Xbox but others find it great. I returned it but re-bought when I got a wheel. It’s still hard but is a good game. I guess it just depends what you’re expecting. I think it clicks eventually.