rllmuk
HarryBizzle

PS5 Hardware - The Poll We've All Been Waiting For

PS5 Hardware Poll  

427 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It looks like something you'd put essential oils in - too many curves and vents, which is understandable considering that it's attempting to cool modern PC gubbins these days. I'll wait for a second revision.

Spoiler

Admittedly, I don't think I'm part of the target audience any more, and was probably going to wait for a second revision regardless because that's when it will be cheaper and have enough games that I care about.

• Upvote 3

I think an all black one will look a lot sleeker - the contrast is just wrong on these curves

• Upvote 1

I can't figure out of if I like it or not. It's certainly interesting. As @Uzi mentions, I'd like a black one, especially seeing as all my other AV stuff is black.

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Ash said:

Yes.

Eh. Get a Bluray player then :P

I dunno. It definitely looks like a games console. I don't know what the XSX looks like, but it's not that. A bluetooth speaker, maybe.

• Upvote 1

I genuinely think it's the worst designed console I've seen. It's hideous. 

If they do an all black Demons Souls limited edition console, I'll get that. 

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, Jamie John said:

What would you have preferred, though - just another black rectangular box?

That would be fine, yes. I've not actively disliked the appearance of any console in the last 20+ years except the original DS.

The original PS4 looked great when it launched - not just a dull box, but not out there enough to age poorly. The One X is pretty safe, but looks nice enough. I don't think I'd want this thing in my living room.

The disc one really looks like a last minute shit we forgot to add this thing.

• Upvote 4

I can only describe it as incredible but the poll seems to assume this is a positive and I genuinely could not tell you that. All I know is that it’s the exact opposite of the next Xbox and that seems apt.

1 minute ago, HarryBizzle said:

That would be fine, yes. I've not actively disliked the appearance of any console in the last 20+ years except the original DS.

The original PS4 looked great when it launched - not just a dull box, but not out there enough to age poorly. The One X is pretty safe, but looks nice enough. I don't think I'd want this thing in my living room.

If anything, it reminds me of the original white 360 design.

8 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

What would you have preferred, though - just another black rectangular box?

yes. The fewer lights and random gamer leds so that I can just migrate it under the TV without anyone noticing the better.

My PS4 currently has a UHD Blu-ray player sitting on top of it, because it’s not stupidly curved.

The series X will have to sit on the floor behind a subwoofer, but will then be hidden away.

This I’m really not sure where the hell I put it. On the floor under the unit entirely?

It looks like one of those rip off toys you’d get in the ‘80s - like the ‘Space Warriors’ version of a Star Wars toy. 

I'm almost looking forward to watching one of those videos where someone takes it apart, plug ifixits spudgers and then explains how the cooling system works. MS have gone down the route of using a fan the size of your head but unless the PS5 is comically massive Sony have obviously gone a different route. 

It's a shocking looking console though. Just not sure if I'd call it nice once the shock is gone. 

Just now, robdood said:

It is fucking disgusting. 

:lol:

Spoiler

A PlayStation is supposed to have clean lines and look solid.

They’ve gone to the other end of the spectrum and not in a good way. 

I’m getting 2005 vibes from it. Probably sounds like a 747 as well.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bear said:

I'm almost looking forward to watching one of those videos where someone takes it apart, plug ifixits spudgers and then explains how the cooling system works. MS have gone down the route of using a fan the size of your head but unless the PS5 is comically massive Sony have obviously gone a different route. 

It's a shocking looking console though. Just not sure if I'd call it nice once the shock is gone. 

I imagine Sony have done a big fan that’s oriented flat in the console, like in the PS3. Huge thing, drawing in air all the way around one side and expelling it all the way around the other.

Terrible. It looks like a junior storm trooper's unzipped school bag.

• Upvote 5

Not a fan of the asymmetry, but otherwise don’t mind it.

I’d be interested to see the internals, how it’s all arranged so that they had to stick the drive offset. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

I like it.

Especially if it stays (relatively) cool and quiet.

True, if it’s quiet I don’t really care what it looks like.