rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Mighty Ash

Next Gen Vote - Which will you get at launch?

Next Gen  

244 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Durr...just realised that I had forgotten about the Pro and X (despite owning them both). That's probably a big factor as to why I'm not blown away by anything shown here. The 1S to the 1X was a significant jump. Actually, the 1X to the Pro was a significant jump in some games, to be honest. RDR2 looks a generation apart from the original PS4 version I played at my mate's house. I'm just...talking...

1 hour ago, Escaped said:

The PS5 looks like it's gonna be noisier

Nah, see those curves? It's aerodynamic as fuck - silent.

The Series X? It's a square-edged box - it'll sound like a delivery van doing 56mph.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Nah, see those curves? It's aerodynamic as fuck - silent.

The Series X? It's a square-edged box - it'll sound like a delivery van doing 56mph.

Digital Foundry said the Series X was silent, didn't they?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Digital Foundry said the Series X was silent, didn't they?

7 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

Yeah that’s not how anything works, they’re not cars

:lol:

You guys do realise I was making a joke... right?

I guess it's still too early in the morning...

• Upvote 5

Take it we have no idea what launch titles the PS5 will have other than Miles Morales and more GTAV? 

Too early to say, need to know more info about which games are coming out on launch.

If I had to choose then PS5 because of Sony always delivering on their exclusive titles.

1 hour ago, monkeydog said:

Take it we have no idea what launch titles the PS5 will have other than Miles Morales and more GTAV? 

GTAV isn't even at launch, it said second half of 2021!

• Upvote 1

I think GT7, Ratchet will be launch titles.

5 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

GTAV isn't even at launch, it said second half of 2021!

Really jeez... can't be difficult to take a PC build and upscale to 4K or something.

Still shocked one of the first thing they showed was a 7 year old game.... When talking about the future of gaming....

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

@gospvg no way either of those are launch.

Both had decent gameplay demos so could be nearing completion?

4 minutes ago, gospvg said:

I think GT7, Ratchet will be launch titles.

GT7 could be a launch title apparently.

Thinking about it all they have to do is take GT Sport and wrap all the updates they have put out for that. Tweak the campaign. Upscale the graphics a bit etc. The models etc look great on PS4 anyway. They can continue to add content over the forthcoming years as they have done for a while now with the series. 

The extra processing grunt of the PS5 might also allow for full racing with the PSVR too. 

Fundamentally there is nothing wrong with where they are at with GT Sport and I'm guessing the have made the core engine in that scalable. Great foundation for 7.

So personally think we might actually see GT7 around launch and not so long after... talking months not years.

If they were launch titles, there'd have been at least a year on the end of their clips, wouldn't there? Does anyone believe Polyphony can, or will try, to make a title for a fixed event like a launch?  Insomniac's launch-ish title is Spider-Man: Miles Morales, so I can't see them also getting Ratchet out for launch (plus the clips all had "pre alpha gameplay demo - I can't see them getting from that to finished by September-ish.)

Sell my xbox one X. Get a series X. I think it will have more that interests me at launch and been more impressed overall by whats been shown. 

PS5 maybe down the line. All depends if we have a killer exclusive launch title (which i doubt)

Its looking likely we will get Halo Infinite at launch with xbox. And Gamepass rules all my decisions. Would be silly not to keep within the xbox ecosystem right now. 

Spider-man will be launch window.

Would be good to know which if any are Day One.

I was sure the non-VR Astro Boy platformer was going to be Day One, then they kind of hurried along to the next thing.

This is probably the weirdest decision I've had to make for launch. I'll get both consoles eventually, and was leaning towards the Series X for launch thanks to endless Game Pass. If Microsoft games really are going to be cross-gen for a while though, and with the whole cross-buy thing it might make more sense to stick with the One X for now and get the PS5.

Then again, if the Series X turns out to be much more powerful...:unsure:

11 minutes ago, Peb Kacharach said:

Spider-man will be launch window.

Would be good to know which if any are Day One.

I was sure the non-VR Astro Boy platformer was going to be Day One, then they kind of hurried along to the next thing.

Astro Bot comes pre-loaded on the system.
I'll get the PS5 for the exclusives, as Sony is killing it with those. Have a high-end PC for everything else.

You're not gonna get any launch dates for a while as COVID shook things up in a big way. I work in the industry and things change on an almost daily base. Things are changed, delayed, canceled; it's nuts. Nobody will stick release dates on products during a pandemic.

34 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Really jeez... can't be difficult to take a PC build and upscale to 4K or something.

Still shocked one of the first thing they showed was a 7 year old game.... When talking about the future of gaming....

Might be weird but it's the biggest game of this gen by a mile. It makes commercial sense.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

Astro Bot comes pre-loaded on the system.

Amazing... did it say that in the stream or was that revealed after?

1 minute ago, Peb Kacharach said:

Amazing... did it say that in the stream or was that revealed after?

It's in the trailer. Not sure if it's the exact same trailer as in yesterday's event.

There are still many announcements to come, not least price, but PS5 is currently at the front of the queue for my money.

PS5 for me, was thinking of upgrading the One X to Series X but as all the new games will scale back on it may as well get the PS and get the exclusive games on that platform too.

Any news on Playstation Peripheral compatibility? e.g. if you use the existing camera for PS VR, have an existing steering wheel, etc.

1 hour ago, The Mighty Ash said:

So Astrobot isn't a full game and the Spiderman they showed is an "an expansion and an enhancement to the previous game" :(

Yeah I've seen this and I'm really disappointed.

Nothing about that trailer suggested a remaster - it suggested a Lost Legacy / First Light style smaller scale sequel.

I loved Spider-man.... but I'm not playing through it again or paying for it again to access a little bit more DLC.

They need to give us more information on what the game actually is.

For me it's genuinely too early to tell. The PS5 event was superb but which of those games will be available at launch? Same question for the xbox. I'm probably a little more excited for the PS5 than the series x at the moment but I'm quite sure that a Microsoft first party games unveiling might make me just as excited. It's just too soon, man!

• Upvote 1