7 hours ago, carlospie said:

This honestly looks like the shit test game I have ever seen. It looks worse than a launch ps2 game. Anyone who buys this should have to give up their right to own a ps5. Even the name is utter garbage. 

I feel like this forum is the only place where it's safe to say this. The rest of the gaming Internet seems to be enchanted. 

It sort of looks like the shitty fake game that some TV show creates as a plot device - Islamic extremist drug dealing communists radicalising 8 year olds through it 

• Upvote 1

Imagine launch day. You come home from a hard days work. Tired. Stressed. In the lounge is a huge box. You open it up and find your gigantic psfive. You can't believe it. 

But I didn't order a ps5, they were sold out everywhere. Surprise, says your partner as they kiss you on the cheek. I can't believe it, I don't even remember their birthday and yet they have gone to all this effort for me. 

You unbox the behomoth. Its magnificent ugly frame doesn't fit in your TV stand, but you don't care. You put it on the floor, plug it in. 

I can't wait to see these graphics. The hdr. Pixels flying everywhere. This is gaming. 

You log into psn. Old friends appear on your friend list. All playing their brand new consoles. Sending pics of their ears to Sony bosses. 

They are all playing spiderman. Standard. Beat game Eva and looks so good. Really showoff the next gen. 

Don't worry hun, I installed your game already, I knew you couldn't want, states your partner. Awesome. Miles here I come. 

You click play on the main screen. Load current disc. You turn the audio up, get that bass set. 

'an expedition thirteen strong....' 

Hold on what's this? Spidey? Oh shit... 

'bugsnaxxxxxxx' 

Oh fuck. Bugsnax. Of all The games they could have picked. 

' the man in GAME said this was the best one!' they tell you. ' it's like knack! You loved knack' 

You sit, smiling on the outside. Crying inside.

You play as a baguette worm looking for his chipolata caterpillar brother. It's uttersshit. A steaming 4k 120 fps steaming diarrhea dogshit

You know all your friends are currently owning green goblin all over the city. Whilst your chasing a fucking pizzashaped hedgehog for a gold coin. 

'how's your game hun' your partner assks after ten minutes. You fake smile and nod, Inside your crying. Your squad will never let this down, they can all see what your playing. 

Fuckin Bugsnax. 

• Upvote 6

carlospie, could you not just set yourself a recurring phone reminder to play 7 hours of Bugsnax every day and then give yourself a like on Facebook when you do it? That’d capture the GaaS experience you’re craving. 

Why are you all shitting on this? It looks amazing.

Well OK, it doesn’t LOOK amazing graphically. But the game looks amazing.

Shove your greybrown shootmans and spacegreybrown shootmans up your arse.

• Upvote 4

I got me a PlayStation 5, it's as big as a whale

And it's about to set sail

I got me a PSN card, it holds about twenty pounds
And we're headin' on to download Bugsnax

Bugsnax is a little old game that
We can play together
Bugsnax, baby, Bugsnax
Bugsnax, baby, Bugsnax

Bugsnax, that's where it's at

• Upvote 8

Imagine the board meeting. 

We have 5 million budget. 

The theme tune is going to cost us 4.9 million. 

That will leave us 100,000 k for the actual game. 

Deal. Bugsnax. 

Those Sony Exclusives Ranked:

Bugsnax:

- better theme tune than Spiderman: Miles Morales or Godfall or Demon Souls

- also plays on PS4

Demon Souls:

- better graphics than Godfall

- also plays on PS3

Spiderman: Miles Morales

- doesn’t play on PS4 or PS3

- will actually be fun

- not created by anyone involved in a business relationship with Randy Pickford

Godfall:

- um.

I think our ire should be directed with more precision than at Bugsnax.

• Empathy 1
On 07/08/2020 at 09:46, thesnwmn said:

Better insight into the gameplay. This looks great to me. Puzzles. A fun world. And maybe a mystery to discover judging by me being a journalist and the tone of the final shot in the trailer.

This should have been rolled into the debut trailer as it’s a little better at delivering context for the gameplay. Planning, hunting, setting traps does seem a bit Stranger’s Wrath as @Vemsie said. If there are enough options for creative planning (rather than one specific solution to a thing) it could be interesting.

• Upvote 1