IGNORED

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales

BitterToad

On 27/01/2021 at 16:30, Strafe said:

I think I probably did but I still have inbuilt fear over skipping credits since the NES days that you might end up missing some of the ending sequence.

I'm the same. But if you ever play Cyberpunk 2077, skip the end credits after the video calls stop. They're also interminable.

I have been tempted to 100% this, which I literally never do, simply because swinging/slinging is just so much fun. But I think I’m going to go and finish the game now, and then start a new playthrough in November, as it’ll be well festive. 

Finished this last night. What an absolute treat of a game. Dazzling visually, fantastic suit design, joyous swinging, fun and crunchy combat, and Miles’ voice acting and dialogue was great. 

Looking forward to starting New Game+ in late November. I feel this will become a Christmas tradition along with our Home Alone and It’s a Wonderful Life viewings. 

• 3 months later...

Just finished this tonight and I have to say I actually prefer it to Spider-man. It'd a much tighter game, with a better lead, better combat/stealth, not bogged down by slow instafail sections and has much more emotional impact in the story. I really do prefer playing as Miles than Peter, even without the extra powers I just prefer his character so much more.

• 4 weeks later...

Could a PS5 Miles Morales standard edition owner please help me out?

I've been looking at the Prime Day deal for a controller and MM standard for £80 which seem like good value. Only, I'd like to play Spider-Man Remastered as well so would prefer the ultimate edition, but that's not included in the deal and is now out of stock on Amazon after being stuck at a reasonable £50 price point for a while. Anyway, can you get Spider-Man Remastered from the MM standard edition, and how much does it cost? I can only find info for America.

It is a £20 add-on to the standard MM edition, I think. You should be able to get that as an upgrade to the disc version (I think) but I'd guess you'd need to keep the disc in for it.

But I don't know. Does the listing for it in the store make it clear?

6 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

It is a £20 add-on to the standard MM edition, I think. You should be able to get that as an upgrade to the disc version (I think) but I'd guess you'd need to keep the disc in for it.

But I don't know. Does the listing for it in the store make it clear?

Not at all. It specifies it as "$xxxx" when I look on the web.

I don't actually have a PS5 yet, it's awaiting despatch from GAME hence my inability to check a simple thing.

Thanks for the info on this one. 

Been playing through this after picking it up pre-owned in Game for £20 and thoroughly enjoying it. Was getting ready to trade it back in and I’ve never noticed the upgrade option in the menu!! Well worth another £20 for more web slinging fun.

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone give me a hand here please - the various editions and what is and isn't counted as DLC is a clusterfuck!

I have standard Miles Morales disk for PS5 and have just finished it. I've not played the original game and would like the remastered version, which I understand is part of MM Ultimate. I'd also like the expansions that I think come with the Ultimate edition. Are Spiderman remastered and the expansions classed as DLC? ie if I buy a copy from here or CEX or whatever, do I need to check whether codes have been redeemed, or is it simply that the Ultimate disk gives me what I want?

I'm also not seeing any offers on the MM game menu to upgrade my version, or just buy Spiderman Remastered, it's only showing me full price digital versions (which I object to!). Help!

Edit: Duh, found it in the game menu. Looks like a £20 download gets me everything!

10 hours ago, Rog said:

Edit: Duh, found it in the game menu. Looks like a £20 download gets me everything!

It does, that's what I did. To top it off, you only need the MM disc to buy it, not to play it, so if you sell MM at some point down the line, you'll still have access to Remastered. 

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Holy shit this looks amazing. Great Christmas vibes too obviously.

(Playing 30fps with all the shinies don’t @ me)

There’s a 60 with ray tracing mode! Whack it on before you ruin any more of the game for yourself!

Is this one of the titles with a free upgrade from PS4 to PS5 version? I got the PS4 version for XMas, before I picked up a PS5 when they came back into stock. I can probably exchange it, but if there's no point I can save a trip.

I got this for Christmas too but started with the original remastered. It’s fun and all but I was expecting more from the graphics. They’re still very PS4 (although there’s a lot off people about). Is MM better looking?

Playing on All The Graphics mode.

Miles Morales does indeed look lovely, I’m on playing performance with ray tracing mode.

Only played a little bit but I’m enjoying it a lot, and I see what people mean about it being a great Christmas game, it’s literally set during the festive period. 

My one criticism, which isn’t really a criticism, but definitely notable, is the complete absence of the Chrysler building :hmm:

16 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Miles Morales does indeed look lovely, I’m on playing performance with ray tracing mode.

Only played a little bit but I’m enjoying it a lot, and I see what people mean about it being a great Christmas game, it’s literally set during the festive period. 

My one criticism, which isn’t really a criticism, but definitely notable, is the complete absence of the Chrysler building :hmm:

Oh yeah! Everyone knows from the animated series the entire front of that opens up like a garage door to let Kingpin fly out of it too. 

37 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I don't know if you're referring to this because you do know it, but there was some weird copyright dispute so they couldn't have it.

16 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

I don't know if you're referring to this because you do know it, but there was some weird copyright dispute so they couldn't have it.

Yeah I read up on it afterwards but I wasn’t aware of it until I played the game today. It’s weird because I’m sure it’s in the first game. 

2 hours ago, Stanley said:

It’s there in the remaster of the original. You have to take a picture of it.