Jump to content
IGNORED

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales


BitterToad
 Share

Recommended Posts

The combat in this is, ahem, miles ahead of anything else. I just love how you can pull enemies towards you, launch an air combo, throw a grenade back at some other enemies, do a finisher move, etc, etc. it’s all top class. 
 

I keep switching between performance RT and fidelity because whilst I like the 60fps I’m also fine with 30 and the extra detail in the environments, bigger crowd density and so on really adds to it for me. 
 

Whichever mode though looks fantastic, really enjoying the game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Is it just me, or is Miles waaaay less strong than Pete? Even simple baddies take about a hundred punches to go down whereas Pete would off them in two.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Late to the party as only just got a PS5 at Christmas. 

Over all, I did enjoy it. Graphically the indoor sections looked stunning on the PS5, outside looked pretty good, but I always liked Batman Arkham Asylum better. Cut scenes looked great, and I do agree with the comment about him being weak in them.

Gameplay, well, they nailed the web slinging as it was already great in the first one, more of the same over all, which isn't a bad thing. I thought the main thing that let it down (apart from BLM) was it was not as good as the the first one in terms of the bad guys. Yeah Rhino was ok, but I was not a fan of the rest of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Just (finally) finished this (trying to wean myself off Tarkov) and it was absolutely brilliant. It's just a superb video game and has so much soul (thanks @Herbalizer). It's so, so well made, I loved it and just feels so joyous at times. Totally astonishing and totally amazing! 🥰

 

Oh and NYC at Xmas, absolutely nailed it. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

I needed a respite from Elden Ring so finally downloaded this (4 days on my connection...) and it's great fun.

 

It does throw you in at the deep end - it has that DLC thing of assuming you know the basic moves and the first fight has a ton of enemies. But as I haven't played the original in an age, I was a bit rusty. Much better now I'm bedded in.

 

Graphics have me itching to see what the Cyberpunk 2077 upgrade looks like. I've been downloading that over the last week...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/01/2022 at 09:54, Sumire said:

Late to the party as only just got a PS5 at Christmas. 

Over all, I did enjoy it. Graphically the indoor sections looked stunning on the PS5, outside looked pretty good, but I always liked Batman Arkham Asylum better. Cut scenes looked great, and I do agree with the comment about him being weak in them.

Gameplay, well, they nailed the web slinging as it was already great in the first one, more of the same over all, which isn't a bad thing. I thought the main thing that let it down (apart from BLM) was it was not as good as the the first one in terms of the bad guys. Yeah Rhino was ok, but I was not a fan of the rest of it.

I realise this is an old post and I might be misreading this but what do you mean by suggesting the black lives matter stuff lets it down?

How? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, but I played on base PS4 at launch.

 

At least one of the scripted missions turned into a surreal slide show; possibly the single most bizarre set of glitches I've seen in one place.

 

So I'd like more of an idea of what they were really aiming for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, b00dles said:

I realise this is an old post and I might be misreading this but what do you mean by suggesting the black lives matter stuff lets it down?

How? 

 

For me, I play games to escape from the everyday politics of real life in general, and at the time, I just thought it pulled me out of that fantasy world I like to escape to. I do not think it really added anything to the game either regardless of anyones individual views on the BLM. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sumire said:

 

For me, I play games to escape from the everyday politics of real life in general, and at the time, I just thought it pulled me out of that fantasy world I like to escape to. I do not think it really added anything to the game either regardless of anyones individual views on the BLM. 

I thought it was done very well and worked within the context of miles himself. Also that is set in New York rather than a fictional place. Not to mention the huge beneficial impact of having a black spiderman and recognising that. 

 

I think hbomberguy said it quite well in one of his videos that  politics are in almost all games and everyone likes politics in games, they just don't like it if isn't their politics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Keep politics out of football schools theoneshow games mob will be in for a big surprise when they see how much external events have influenced Call of duty or Battlefront.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BLM isn't politics, it's common decency and basic human rights.

 

And whodathunk BLM might affect the L of B characters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Sumire massively telling on themselves there.

 

Am I right in thinking this isn't on PSNow, or with any way to play it outside of a PS4/5? 

 

Seems like it used to be on Now, but random internet people speculate the licence may be the cause of problems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, b00dles said:

I thought it was done very well and worked within the context of miles himself. Also that is set in New York rather than a fictional place. Not to mention the huge beneficial impact of having a black spiderman and recognising that. 

 

I think hbomberguy said it quite well in one of his videos that  politics are in almost all games and everyone likes politics in games, they just don't like it if isn't their politics.


Its a game where your character’s mum is a politician in Harlem, of course it shouldn’t be weird that there’s politics in it. 
 

The main plot of the game involves a big corporation gentrifying an ethnic minority neighbourhood with a massive skyscraper ffs!

 

Still, this has been a nice reminder that this is a really, really good game and everyone should play it when it comes on PS Plus. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Flanders said:


Its a game where your character’s mum is a politician in Harlem, of course it shouldn’t be weird that there’s politics in it. 
 

The main plot of the game involves a big corporation gentrifying an ethnic minority neighbourhood with a massive skyscraper ffs!

 

Still, this has been a nice reminder that this is a really, really good game and everyone should play it when it comes on PS Plus. 

Well I was downplaying it slightly to highlight how absurd the position was, I'm not sure why your post seems to read like it was me that didn't like the politics 😋

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Girth Certificate said:

do you still need to buy the comedy £55 version to get the PS5 version of the previous game? Confusion reigns

 

No. You can buy the £15 second hand version of MM then the £20 DLC to enable the PS5 version of the previous game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, b00dles said:

Well I was downplaying it slightly to highlight how absurd the position was, I'm not sure why your post seems to read like it was me that didn't like the politics 😋

 
Oh apologies no, I could see it was the other fella who didn’t like it. I just wanted to emphasise that it’s not like you even need to dive into the slightest subtext for ‘politics’, it’s literally the plot of the game! There are fundraisers and rallies that you wander round!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, b00dles said:

I thought it was done very well and worked within the context of miles himself. Also that is set in New York rather than a fictional place. Not to mention the huge beneficial impact of having a black spiderman and recognising that. 

 

I think hbomberguy said it quite well in one of his videos that  politics are in almost all games and everyone likes politics in games, they just don't like it if isn't their politics.

 

I know what you are saying, but It is still a fictional New York and fictional politics and of course fictional characters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sumire said:

 

I know what you are saying, but It is still a fictional New York and fictional politics and of course fictional characters.

Yeah and I obviously realise that but it also grounds the whole thing and makes it relatable. They didn't set spiderman the comic in a place like metropolis for a reason, you're meant to be able to connect to the character and us whiteys have had a bizarrely white washed version of new York in spiderman ever since he was first created. Not to mention we've had 4 or 5 spiderman games, some of which that had come out after miles was created, that were still based on an even more fictional version of NY and the politics of the place. So in a way, it seems almost petulant to decry such a very generic and "just" bit of politics that are also intrinsically linked to the characters and place it's set. 

 

Personally I'm very glad they added it and that whole 'reveal' with the mural I thought was done very well and it's a good thing to include. It's also a very 'spiderman' type bit of politics, not to mention it could have even rubbed people the wrong way to have his dad as a cop and not mention BLM, given that could easily be construed as the devs (and spidey) trying to downplay all the terrible shit the cops do to those black lives.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.