IGNORED

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales

BitterToad

35 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

It was a literal quote from a Sony executive, but if you're dead set on shitting on journos, then sure.

It reminds a little bit of the confusing mess that was the XB1 launch where different Microsoft executives would say different things to journalists. This is thankfully just about one game, but still. It didn't need to happen.

Yeah sorry, I’ve since seen the Schrier tweet mentioning the exec causing the confusion. The bastard!

Still a lot of people breathless to get it out there as an “aha!” but that’s the internet I guess. 

1 hour ago, Calashnikov said:

Could properly reflective skyscraper windows be done in PS5 do we reckon?

I wondered that too. The only mention of ray tracing was during the Ratchet and Clank demo, where they said Clank was reflective.

Maybe it'll work for small areas like that, I don't know how well it'll cope with full screen panes of glass.

1 hour ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Yeah sorry, I’ve since seen the Schrier tweet mentioning the exec causing the confusion. The bastard!

Still a lot of people breathless to get it out there as an “aha!” but that’s the internet I guess. 

Yeah it's not a big deal. Just weird that they managed to create confusion over a simple thing.

I'm glad that it's standalone, after rinsing the first game and getting the platinum fairly recently, I had no interest in a remaster with a bit of extra content. Now I'm back onboard.

So were Lost Legacy and First Light. It would be bizarre to sask people to buy a PS4 game and then some DLC for it, when they’re clearly pitching it as a launch game. Apart from being confusing, what are All Digital people who own it on disc going to do?

Last I checked the Insomniac twitter account was posting "it is a standalone game" in almost every single reply. Bet the devs are real happy with that exec, he managed to draw most of the attention away from the excitement of getting a new Spiderman game at launch. 

17 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

Doubt it, at least not without compromising the game in other ways.

This reflection chat reminds me of one time I managed to get the SSR to fail on the PS4 game in a very specific way - I somehow lined it up just right so that there was a Peter-Parker shaped "shadow" up the entire length of a building.

22 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

Yes, but it could well not be worth the performance hit.

That said the new Ratchet does have some ray traced reflections and in this shot of this game it looks like there are Control-esque transparent reflections in the window.

It's smart, because it gives them a canonical reason not to be making a whole new world. It's not Miles Morales: Road Trip, and they've presumably got pretty decently detailed assets and models etc already backing up the PS4 version. So can they "just" turn it all up to 11 and create missions?

I think if they have this ready for launch, and if it is a Lost Legacy-ish size and length of game, then if they sell it for £30 it would be a great move. I’ve no doubt this will be excellent fun and a good showcase for early PS5 titles. An Aperitif for what’s to come if you will. 

1 hour ago, womblingfree said:

I don’t get the complaint that’s it’s re-using the city. It’s New York. That’s like saying all Spider Man films are the same because they’re set in New York.

As someone who has spent six games running around the same city in the Yakuza series I am okay with them using the same city. Maybe expand it a little, but no need for a complete rework.

2 minutes ago, Gambit said:

As someone who has spent six games running around the same city in the Yakuza series I am okay with them using the same city. Maybe expand it a little, but no need for a complete rework.

Spider-Man in Kamurocho?! That's an idea!!

1 hour ago, womblingfree said:

I don’t get the complaint that’s it’s re-using the city. It’s New York. That’s like saying all Spider Man films are the same because they’re set in New York.

Someone hasn’t seen Far From Home...

The creative director at Insomniac Games has written an article on the official PlayStation blog about the game, can read it here

He confirms its a shorter game akin to Lost Legacy:

'You’ll experience a full story arc with Miles, one that’s more akin to a game like Uncharted: The Lost Legacy in terms of overall scope.'

No concrete date in the article, just mentions:

'We can’t wait to see you swinging through a wintery Marvel’s New York City this holiday.'