rllmuk
BitterToad

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales

9 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

A special DLC pack where you can add your own puddles!!

I suspect we have to wait for the PS5 Pro to be able to handle that!

• Upvote 2

The puddles will be portals to different spider-verses.

• Upvote 3

The creative director at Insomniac Games has written an article on the official PlayStation blog about the game, can read it here

He confirms its a shorter game akin to Lost Legacy:

'You’ll experience a full story arc with Miles, one that’s more akin to a game like Uncharted: The Lost Legacy in terms of overall scope.'

No concrete date in the article, just mentions:

'We can’t wait to see you swinging through a wintery Marvel’s New York City this holiday.'

This is going to be an absolute corker of a launch title. Total system-seller. Hopefully they give Miles some proper top-tier baddies to fight.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

Mr Freeze is an obvious choice for wintery new york.

Or Megatron!

Personally I'm hoping for Bebop and Rocksteady.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, mansizerooster said:

Personally I'm hoping for Bebop and Rocksteady.

That would be great but they're probably too busy making a new Batman game to join this one 

• Upvote 3

Well obviously the big baddies will be the NYPD.

• Upvote 4

I want this Spidey game.  Voiced by Nic Cage obvs. 

image.png.f27bf2d552921d32add3db0f7c4dc563.png

• Upvote 5

@robdoodthere is actually a Spider-Man game in which you play as Spider-Man Noir. I forget what it was called, the one where you played as 4 different Spider-Men: Amazing, Symbiote, 2099, and Noir. This was in the 360 era though so obviously no Nic Cage.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

@robdoodthere is actually a Spider-Man game in which you play as Spider-Man Noir. I forget what it was called, the one where you played as 4 different Spider-Men: Amazing, Symbiote, 2099, and Noir. This was in the 360 era though so obviously no Nic Cage.

Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions

It was pretty good actually - probably the best Spidey game between Spider-Man 2 and Marvels Spider-man.  The Amazing and Ultimate levels had some really good swinging and the Noir levels played a little bit like My First Arkham Asylum.  It was Amazing, Ultimate (Peter Parker version), 2099 and Noir though - no Symbiote

I enjoyed it anyway - but I'm a Spider-man games whore...

On 18/06/2020 at 21:44, dreamylittledream said:

Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions

It was pretty good actually - probably the best Spidey game between Spider-Man 2 and Marvels Spider-man.  The Amazing and Ultimate levels had some really good swinging and the Noir levels played a little bit like My First Arkham Asylum.  It was Amazing, Ultimate (Peter Parker version), 2099 and Noir though - no Symbiote

I enjoyed it anyway - but I'm a Spider-man games whore...

I was very disappointed by it. After having had 4 open world games by that point it felt like a major step back into late 90s/early 00s territory. Tried each of the characters then gave up. Never bothered with sequel, and paradoxically was so pissed off with the studio I didn't even try the Garfield movie tie-ins either.

9 hours ago, drmick said:

I was very disappointed by it. After having had 4 open world games by that point it felt like a major step back into late 90s/early 00s territory. Tried each of the characters then gave up. Never bothered with sequel, and paradoxically was so pissed off with the studio I didn't even try the Garfield movie tie-ins either.

What!? That’s crazy. 

5 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

What!? That’s crazy. 

They scored badly in GamesTM  (Or was it Edge?). Anyhow the trend from Spider-man 2 - Ultimate Spider-man - Spider-Man 3 - Shattered Dimensions - Whatever Shattered Dimensions Sequel was called was of diminishing returns by that point, so I had no faith. In the meantime the Arkham series had sprung into existence.

PS5 as slogan for this had better be:

"With greater power comes improved draw distance / reduced loading times / shinier puddles".

Delete as applicable, naturally.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, teddymeow said:

PS5 as slogan for this had better be:

"With greater power comes improved draw distance / reduced loading times / shinier puddles".

Delete as applicable, naturally.

With great power, comes great HDD response ability. 

I've nicked that from somewhere. :lol:

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Thor said:

With great power, comes great HDD response ability. 

I've nicked that from somewhere. :lol:

Shouldn’t that be SSD? Spidey Sense Disk - it knows when you want to load in data before you do!

• Upvote 2

I’m not opposed to performance/graphics choices on console, but they’ve been done so poorly this generation that they just feel pointless or like a poor compromise. “Sacrifice graphical fidelity for an all over the place framerate!” seems to have been the motto. 

Hopefully they’ll be a bit better on next gen. 4K/60fps certainly sounds good. 

I wonder what the other option will be?

4K/30fps Ray-tracing, souped-up graphics mode?

The checkerboard up-res looks great on PS4 Pro, so I hope they let you drop the resolution for 60fps with full graphics. Rendering at full 4K seems like a waste of resources.

Checkerboarding isn’t a drop in resolution, it’s rendering every other pixel (in a checkerboard grid), every other frame. The part of the image you’re not rendering is reconstructed using old frames. 

Which is why it looks so good. If the camera isn’t moving, it looks perfect, and if it is moving, the artefacts are usually hidden by the camera movement and post processing. 

60 fps Spidey, or well Miles in this case, is gonna feel so good to play.

Oh man, I kinda thought 4K or 60fps, choose one was a mid-gen compromise. How naive of me. 

No it doesn’t. It clearly says mode not modes. It says it’s a performance mode at 4K and 60fps. Likely drop the RT and other bells and whistles. I presume there’s a default graphics mode at 4K/30 with RT and more pretties.

But 4K/60 is sure as shit the mode I’ll be playing if it’s locked at 60.

12 minutes ago, jonamok said:

No it doesn’t. It clearly says mode not modes. It says it’s a performance mode at 4K and 60fps. Likely drop the RT and other bells and whistles. I presume there’s a default graphics mode at 4K/30 with RT and more pretties.

But 4K/60 is sure as shit the mode I’ll be playing if it’s locked at 60.

yep. It’d have to be some bloody good bells and whistles. Particularly since it’ll presumably support VRR, and small drops to 50 will be indistinguishable