IGNORED

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales

BitterToad

TLOU Remastered was intended to be $60 dollars at launch and they dropped it to $50. They see the Spiderman remaster as worth $20.  If they show it and they've truly done nothing to it, people will be sure to point it out but if they've put some work in, $20 sounds like an okay deal. Personally, it sounded like a typical padded out open world affair to me so I never bothered. If MM can cut the bloat out, I might pick it up after DS.

On 24/09/2020 at 13:01, womblingfree said:

If you’ve never played Spiderman, a 4k 60fps version for twenty-quid’s a bloody bargain.

If you have played it, go play something new.

Except if you can’t get it for £20, it’s only available in the £70 Miles Morales special edition or as a £20 upgrade to the £50 Miles Morales standard edition. 

1 minute ago, Uncle Mike said:

I don't really know enough about how games performance capture works: how much work does a new actor mean they'll have had to do?

It's not a new actor for the performance capture, just a new face model. Probably not that much? They did something like this for Judgement for different reasons. 

He looks far too young and carefree to be the version of the character we got in the game. 

18 minutes ago, Madness said:

I don’t like it, I feel like I went on a proper journey with OG Pete and it’s bizarre to recast! Especially to make him more similar to the voice actor... but they’re still using a different actor? There must be something more going on. 

Well Yuri Lowenthal is 49, so he's too old to play Peter's likeness. 

46 minutes ago, Triple A said:

I'm guessing that Sony didn't do a lifetime buyout on the image rights for the guy they based old Peter on, who when the Remaster came around wanted more money than Sony was prepared to pay.

Coming from the people who want, £90 quid for Demon's Souls extra skin edition, that would be fairly rich.

I wonder if they couldn’t get the original actor in to do facial capture for Miles Morales and the next sequel, and so decided to retrofit the new guy into the remaster so it’s consistent for all PS5 players? I really liked their version of Peter so it feels a bit weird to me. 

3 minutes ago, Gigawatt said:

I wonder if they couldn’t get the original actor in to do facial capture for Miles Morales and the next sequel, and so decided to retrofit the new guy into the remaster so it’s consistent for all PS5 players? I really liked their version of Peter so it feels a bit weird to me. 

You could be onto something there