Jump to content
IGNORED

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales


BitterToad
 Share

Recommended Posts

Before watching that if you asked me to describe 15 ways I thought I may have reacted, none of them would have been right. I'm still fucking smiling :D

 

Its like its stuttering because you are so used to the silky, smooth animations of Spidey but then it very quickly clicks and you are basically playing the movie. Absolutely fantastic addition. Miles Morales was already a day one purchase for me on PS5 so this is just another lovely treat to look forward to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, Spiderman is one of those things I wish I could erase from my memory and play it all from scratch on PS5. Anyone coming into the whole package fresh is in for one of best gaming experiences ever I would say.

 

As much as I would love to see the original game in all its upgraded glory I can’t justify it after what I have paid for and then put into Spider-Man already. It is disappointing that those like me that have already sunk a lot of money into Spider-Man can’t get access to the upgraded version and then quite happily pay for MM separately, but every penny seems to be getting scraped back where they can.
 

Still, I’m launch day for MM and can’t wait :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 31/10/2020 at 09:52, MardiganX said:

Yeah, Spiderman is one of those things I wish I could erase from my memory and play it all from scratch on PS5. Anyone coming into the whole package fresh is in for one of best gaming experiences ever I would say.

 

That would be me!

 

However, I have ordered a bundle from GAME - a PS5 with the standard version of MM and it looks like there isn't a route for me to buy/download the original remaster.  I think you either have to buy the Ultimate Edition (which I had no choice to do) or get the PS4 version of MM, which *does* let you get the remaster?

 

It seems odd!

 

EDIT: Actually, reading further, it seems like the last scenario I talked about there also applies to the standard PS5 version, so I should be able to purchase the remaster (price currently unknown - as long as it's as good a price as the current PS4 disc version).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Reynard said:

 

That would be me!

 

However, I have ordered a bundle from GAME - a PS5 with the standard version of MM and it looks like there isn't a route for me to buy/download the original remaster.  I think you either have to buy the Ultimate Edition (which I had no choice to do) or get the PS4 version of MM, which *does* let you get the remaster?

 

It seems odd!

 

EDIT: Actually, reading further, it seems like the last scenario I talked about there also applies to the standard PS5 version, so I should be able to purchase the remaster (price currently unknown - as long as it's as good a price as the current PS4 disc version).

I was checking this out last night, you can buy the remaster for the additional £20 when you have just the standard Miles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Metro site have reviewed the game.

 

Spider-Man: Miles Morales PS5 review summary

In Short: A far better advert for the PS5 than its short length and last gen assets might have suggested, with superior storytelling and more compelling characters than the original.

Pros: Highly assured storytelling and presentation, with a great villain and spectacular final act. Ray-tracing works very well amongst the skyscrapers, as does fast-loading and other next gen tricks.

Cons: The combat and stealth elements remain very repetitive and overly easy. The amount the game steals from Batman: Arkham is still outrageous.

 

Score: 8/10

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Thor said:

Short length … what are we talking here, 5 hours? The original Spidey was a very big game, so short as a relative term would be 10 hours. I'd be happy with an 8 hour romp plus side-bits.

 

I've been reading up on this today, and it looks like it's 7-9 hours worth of story, and up to 15-18 hours if you 100% everything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, jon_cybernet said:

 

I've been reading up on this today, and it looks like it's 7-9 hours worth of story, and up to 15-18 hours if you 100% everything. 

Cheers, that still makes the price a bit on the steep side considering the price was the same for the OG Spidey on PS4 and that game is much bigger. But for a launch title where everyone pays silly money anyway (£50 for Perfect Dark Zero on 360 - lol!) that's not really an issue for me. Think I'll snap up Demon's Souls as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Hexx said:

£50 for 10 hours of gameplay similar to the last game isn't going to get me to get it at launch I think

 

For me , it's the fact that at that length the main complaint is repetitive gameplay elements. I'll pass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

£45 for a Ray Tracing showcase and 7-9 hours of a great game sounds fine to me. Especially if you go physical and can sell it on. Apparently, it makes use of the dynamic triggers as well, which makes the webslinging feel even better. 

 

I’m thinking about getting the PS4 version - you can install both versions on PS5 and compare the two directly. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just watched the ACG review, 6 crashes a number of freezes and a lot of bugs. Not good. 

 

Strange that no one else seems to mention this. 

 

He is one of the only reviewers I trust so he's not bullshitting. 

 

He bloody loved it anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.