IGNORED

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales

BitterToad

Less than ten hours sounds great to me. That's about all I can tolerate of most games so short is a real bonus. I only played a few hours of the original because I don't really care for superhero type shit but this looks amazing and I really enjoyed the animated movie. 

7 hours ago, Ry said:

Just watched the ACG review, 6 crashes a number of freezes and a lot of bugs. Not good. 

Strange that no one else seems to mention this. 

He is one of the only reviewers I trust so he's not bullshitting. 

He bloody loved it anyway. 

I’ve seen another review mention it. I think it was CNET. 

Patches are still coming down. NX Gamer mentioned an Astro update has brought the loading down from 8s to 2s. 

20 hours ago, grounded_dreams said:

The Metro site have reviewed the game.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales PS5 review summary

In Short: A far better advert for the PS5 than its short length and last gen assets might have suggested, with superior storytelling and more compelling characters than the original.

Pros: Highly assured storytelling and presentation, with a great villain and spectacular final act. Ray-tracing works very well amongst the skyscrapers, as does fast-loading and other next gen tricks.

Cons: The combat and stealth elements remain very repetitive and overly easy. The amount the game steals from Batman: Arkham is still outrageous.

Score: 8/10

The combat in Spider-Man is better than the Arkham games though. 

Full 4K screenshots, courtesy of Gamersyde:

image-marvel-s-spider-man-miles-morales-

View at full res and they're very impressive.

They also have a 5.5GB high quality capture file up that you can save to a USB stick and play on your TV for a much better idea of what it will look like that YouTube compressed vids.

55 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Looking at the comparison vid gospvg posted, I'm surprised at just how good the PS4 Pro and PS4 versions look. I wonder how noticeable the differences when you're in the middle of the action.

I’m sure it’ll really pop with the PS5 fidelity mode.

3 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

Insanely quick fast travel will surely be wasted on a game with traversal as fun as this. I never used fast travel once in the previous game. You’d be a stupid cunt to even consider it instead of web-slinging your way there.

Only used fast travel a couple of times as I enjoyed the screens of Spidey on the subway, then it was swinging all the way. 

I think you have to use fast travel at least once to get the associated achievement. 

The funny little scenes of Spidey in the subway do make it worth it for the odd occasion when you want to travel from the north all the way to the south if the island. 

Errrr ok so I have purchased the ultimate edition (digital copy) and I've been enjoying this stunning game all afternoon. However, I cannot for the life of me find how to download or start the remastered edition of the original game...? There's no option in game to access it, I wasn't given a code and it doesn't exist on the PS5 store. I feel like I'm missing something blindingly obvious? :wacko:

2 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

What's the difference between the PS4 and PS5 boxed versions? They had both in the local game shop today. I was under the impression that if I could play the PS5 version with the PS4 disk, or am I wrong in thinking this?

PS4 - Works on PS4. Lets you download PS5 version.

PS5 - Works on PS5 only. Don't have to spend ages downloading PS5 version.

7 minutes ago, Freeman said:

I’ve never played the original but have Ultimate ready to go once the behemoth arrives.

I love the sound of Miles being short too. Will I regret playing Miles first? Should I start with the original?

I’d say definitely start with the original as the Miles story begins there.

You could just focus on the Story tasks instead of all the side missions, crimes etc. and power through it and use New Game+ to Platinum it later if you wanted.

29 minutes ago, MansizeRooster said:

Pretty worryingly, the PS5 version takes up more system storage space than the PS4 original Spider-Man.

So much for the idea that PS5 games wouldn't take up as much space as PS4 games due to devs no longer needing to duplicate files.

While the latter is true, it’s probably outweighed by the fact that the PS5 needs higher quality textures, which are larger.