Kena: Bridge of Spirits [ PC | PS4 | PS5 ]

FozZ

15 minutes ago, Flub said:

Does the game have an easy mode? I like the look of the game but I read that the boss fights are quite a difficulty spike.

Looks like when you start the game there are three options for the difficulty level: Story Mode, Spirit Guide, and Expert Spirit Guide. 

Story Mode states: 'Rot Abilities recharge passively and when taking damage. Enemies are less aggressive and deal less damage'

HTH

7 minutes ago, grounded_dreams said:

Looks like when you start the game there are three options for the difficulty level: Story Mode, Spirit Guide, and Expert Spirit Guide. 

Story Mode states: 'Rot Abilities recharge passively and when taking damage. Enemies are less aggressive and deal less damage'

HTH

That does indeed. Cheers. I'll be grabbing that. Seems just the right length of game for me at the moment too.

OK, all over this. It looked great in the previews but I’ve been burned by these sort of games before: they look great but are a bit stinky to play, and have an ‘Edge 6’ written all over them. The positive reviews are heartening to see.

I’m still waiting for CDKeys to give me my PSN top up after ordering it yesterday at 5pm. They’ve sent the link but the code isn’t ready yet and support haven’t been much help.

I know this doesn’t have much to do with the game but I needed to talk abort it

57 minutes ago, Strafe said:

I’m still waiting for CDKeys to give me my PSN top up after ordering it yesterday at 5pm. They’ve sent the link but the code isn’t ready yet and support haven’t been much help.

I know this doesn’t have much to do with the game but I needed to talk abort it

My code came through. Thanks for reading

Can see why this is £32.99 and not full price. It's a PS4 game. Horizon Zero Dawn at 60fps on PS5 is more impressive than this. HDR is subtle, if it's there at all. At least the game isn't washed out or making a crap attempt at HDR. Subtitles are off, but still appear in in-game cut scenes, which is annoying. Also annoying is that many cuts scenes are just video at 30fps, which is jarring as fuck when the game is 60fps. Visually, this does not live up to the initial trailers which made the game look almost Pixar quality.

That said, it still looks lovely, plays nice enough, and I'm intrigued enough by its premise to continue. :)

15 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Have you ever liked HDR in a game though

Sure. Returnal, Doom Eternal (on PC), AC Odyssey (on PC), Horizon Zero Dawn, Miles Morales (arguably the best example to date), God of War's HDR is decent, Destiny 2 as well. There are plenty of good examples of HDR. :)

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Can see why this is £32.99 and not full price. It's a PS4 game. Horizon Zero Dawn at 60fps on PS5 is more impressive than this.

Isn't this an indie game by some very small team?  I'd hope a AAA first party Sony game would be more impressive.

This doesn't seem like my sort of game, but it's pretty technically impressive for an indie game.

6 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Isn't this an indie game by some very small team?  I'd hope a AAA first party Sony game would be more impressive.

A four year old AAA first party game on a last gen console. The first trailer for this strongly hinted at near Pixar quality visuals, this falls somewhat short.

This seems to be a  well done (And surprisingly pretty) old school 3d adventure game. It's got a lot of charm (The rots are adorable) and so far simple but servicable combat. I can't find a lock on button. Is there one?

I agree that initially it seemed to be getting promoted as more grand that it turns out to be but so far I'm enjoying myself. Some of the platforming is a little janky but I gather it's basically a small indie team so I'm willing to forgive it. Especially since restarts from death falls seem super quick.