Kena: Bridge of Spirits [ PC | PS4 | PS5 ]

FozZ

48 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Is there a sort of treasure map thing you can buy later that lets you know where you've missed collectibles? I've been collecting all of them as I've been going up to this point, but the Fields area is so sprawling that I don't fancy searching all of it again for one missed Rot.

No, but from the map you can choose to display the Rot and hats you've already collected. As you can see how many you're missing in each area you can then use a collectibles map, like this one from RPS, to track down the ones you're missing.

If you go into the first-person mask view – left on the d-pad – that can highlight Rot in your vicinity. I didn't use it much, though.

This continues to be excellent. I defeated the Fields area boss this evening, which felt suitably atmospheric. Once I'd figured out what to do it was pretty straightforward. The cutscene that followed, when you get the full story of what happened, was pretty interesting, too.

And after saying, yesterday, that I didn't want to be scouring the entire Fields area to find one missing Rot, that's exactly what's happened! I'll be damned if I'm using a guide. It would be good if there was some sort of hint system, though, to tell you the general area that it's in. Ah well.

Loving the music, also.

Good, good, good, gooooood stuff 👍

I found that last bastard rot in the fields.

Coming towards the end of the game now, I think. Just picked up the 

Spoiler

dash ability and took down the mask maker boss, which was another good fight.

I thought about going for the platinum, but, annoyingly, one of the trophies is for completing the game on master difficulty, which I'm not willing to do; playing on default is pretty much perfect for me, and any whiffiness in the controls is tolerable, whereas I imagine on harder settings it would be a lot more frustrating.

Still, I'll mop up all the ones I can before I go on to the big bad.

Endgame:

Spoiler

Okay this multi stage final boss is an utterly miserable fight. Taking your abilities away that you've got used to using has always been shit design. And then breaking up stages that don't save with a tricky platforming section is actually heinous. Loved it all up to this point though, but Jesus.

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

This is just over £20 on the PS Store right now. Worth a punt? You lot seem to have enjoyed it and I’m all about the shorter games these days. Plus I need something pretty as an antidote to Elden Ring and Returnal :lol:

Yup, definitely. It's a resoundingly solid 8/10 - not too ambitious, but reliably decent throughout. Don't go in expecting it to be a cake walk, though: the cutesy aesthetic lulls you into a false sense of security but there are some pretty tasty bosses here and there.

• 5 months later...

Played through this. 
was absolutely fantastic! Like a great PS2 game with astounding graphics. 

The middle section of the game got into a beautiful flow and I was seriously enjoying it. 

Some of the Bosses (especially toward the end) were harder than anything in Elden Ring! lol (maybe not Melina, but still!). 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ging back into this as my Christmas game and finding the main bosses easier than some of the mid-level ones. Sprout Captain ended up knocking me up onto a ledge where he couldn't reach me so I ended up cheesing him with the bow. I then managed the first 'Big' boss first time then just got slaughtered by a normal enemy after unlocking the second area. The difficulty is all over the place.

Very much enjoying it still.