IGNORED

Horizon Forbidden West - Grapple + Glider = Aloy 2.0

gospvg

3 hours ago, Len said:

I've just realised I have no idea if I played Frozen Wilds or not. I just can't remember at all. Surely I did as I loved the first one? 

Aah well, I'll watch a recap and see if that triggers anything before this. 

Do you have memories of trudging through lots of beautiful, crunchy snowdrifts? Or viewing a massive volcanic plume in the distance?

I don't think the main game had a huge snowy area to work through.

6 minutes ago, jonathanhoey said:

Swithering about buying this on PS4 as we don’t yet have a PS5. Can anyone reassure me that it’s not another Cyberpunk please (or warn me if it is?) 👍🏻

It's not.

33 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Hope no-one is expecting this from their postie today in the south of England because deliveries have been suspended due to the red weather warning.

My Amazon delivery has been postponed until tomorrow, no issue but I'm going to be on a plane, hopefully, early tomorrow morning.

7 minutes ago, englishbob said:

Just cross gen issues I guess and having to design around hardware performance updates. The game still loads extremely quickly on PS5 just have to press X straight away to get to play - just gives you the option to read the hint displayed. Of course an option to not have hints displayed at all would have been a better option perhaps. No big issue though... 

3 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Just cross gen issues I guess and having to design around hardware performance updates. The game still loads extremely quickly on PS5 just have to press X straight away to get to play - just gives you the option to read the hint displayed. Of course an option to not have hints displayed at all would have been a better option perhaps. No big issue though... 

There is an option for that in settings. By default it’s switched off, so it is artificially slowing loading down so that you can read the load screen hints. 

6 minutes ago, Seamonster said:

There is an option for that in settings. By default it’s switched off, so it is artificially slowing loading down so that you can read the load screen hints. 

Reading the report its loading as quick in the background you just need to press the X  button so no real slow down of loading just allowing people to digest the hint if they want to...

"It’s a simple solution and one that’s been implemented in many games before. When you fast travel to another location on the map, the game will use the PS5’s speedy SSD to load the new area in a matter of seconds, but will remain hanging on the loading screen until you press X to continue. 

The loading time isn’t reduced, and you can press X right away if you’d rather not read the hints. But those players who are after a few tips can read to their heart’s content."

Yeah sorry, I phrased that poorly. It’s not slowing loading, rather it’s prolonging the loading screen (unless you skip it or switch the option off) so you can read the hint. 

And in case anyone was worried about the PS4 version…

1 minute ago, Hitcher said:

The headline is certainly a load of shit because the article says they didn't slow it down!

Does someone actually get paid to write this piece of bollocks? 

I mean, it's the definition of 'non-news'. 

God, why is it that most online media is so fucking turgid?

Quick Q: I just finished HZD last night and I'm wondering if there is any story reason to play Frozen Wilds prior to Forbidden West. I can do without any present-day tribe shenanigans - like everyone else I'm much into the backstory.

14 minutes ago, Minion said:

Hmm I'm bored and weak. Anyone know if you buy the PS4 digital edition what happens next? I don't have to dl the PS4 version before upgrading to PS5?

No you don't. But...you do need to head over to the store, and search for the PS5 upgrade option there. Hit that and it'll download.

God knows why it didn't just give you the option on your library when you want to install it, but that's Sony and their marvellous ideas about how best to confuse and befuddle us I guess.

Ok, I bought £60 worth of credit from ShopTo for £53, purchased the PS4 version on the store, then went to front page of store and back to Horizon and I was able to add PS5 version to my library and that is now downloading. There is 0 need to buy the PS5 version digitally if you are buying today. Also I am so weak I'm never going to finish this before Friday when it will be dropped for ER but at least this weekend is sorted!

OK, today I learned I would spend 70 quid to play a game day 1 ... including a ten quid 'my internet is so shit I don't want to wait for a download so bought the PS5 version' tax.

1 hour ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Install is taking an hour. 😅

Yeah - very long install time from disc. I was hoping to play the inevitable hour-long walking intro at lunchtime. I might have to wait for install to complete.

1 hour ago, Hitcher said:

The headline is certainly a load of shit because the article says they didn't slow it down!

:D Clickbait. Half of the problem with internet content its not even designed to be that informative just driving advertising revenue by proving analytics showing people click on their sites. Guess its just business though in this day and age. More noise less things worth reading. Sigh.

All I’m doing at the moment is just wandering around the first area looking at how beautifully everything is rendered - even the moss on the ground has volume rather than just being a flat texture. It’s staggeringly pretty. True next gen stuff. 

21 minutes ago, superfunk said:

All I’m doing at the moment is just wandering around the first area looking at how beautifully everything is rendered - even the moss on the ground has volume rather than just being a flat texture. It’s staggeringly pretty. True next gen stuff. 

It’s on PS4, so true last gen stuff as well!

For anyone that purchased the PS4 physical version - insert the play disk (as opposed to the data disk) into your PS5. The game tile will appear and from that there's a link to download the PS5 version. This way you can avoid the PS5 from copying the PS4 game and adding download updates etc to your console.