(PS5) Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart

gospvg

I'm incredibly fond of this series and if the rumours of jak and daxter are true then these will be 2 games I pick up ^_^

That said I thought the visuals were pretty, they showed a bunch of different worlds and suggested that you can almost instantaneously switch between worlds, no need for jumping in your spaceship whilst the next world loads etc which is great :)

I know it's a trailer and tailored to a very specific purpose, but there's some heavy cutting going on during the portal sections to make it look seamless. From 1:06 onwards look at how the upcoming world looks through the portal and how it looks when Ratchet arrives. The cityscape where he slides down as well as the next part with the rock pillars especially stand out.

Day 1 for me though, I adore the franchise.

4 hours ago, df0 said:

I know it's a trailer and tailored to a very specific purpose, but there's some heavy cutting going on during the portal sections to make it look seamless. From 1:06 onwards look at how the upcoming world looks through the portal and how it looks when Ratchet arrives.

I think the between bits are pre-canned animations just played to cover the loading (which although close to instant, is not totally instantaneous) - so my guess is they just loop until the scene is ready.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

June 11th

thought it would be sooner, they probably wanted it to be sooner.

Could be that the pandemic slowed things down, but Sony probably wants some space between Returnal and this.
It's a pretty busy period with Returnal -> Resident Evil Village -> Mass Effect Trilogy -> Deathloop -> Ratchet & Clank and possibly Kena: Bridge of Spirits and next-gen versions of Final Fantasy VII Remake and Death Stranding as well.

1 hour ago, Vemsie said:

Could be that the pandemic slowed things down, but Sony probably wants some space between Returnal and this.
It's a pretty busy period with Returnal -> Resident Evil Village -> Mass Effect Trilogy -> Deathloop -> Ratchet & Clank and possibly Kena: Bridge of Spirits and next-gen versions of Final Fantasy VII Remake and Death Stranding as well.

Eh what’s this about death stranding and final fantasy? When and what?

• 2 months later...

I’ve just finished my first play through of R&C on PS4 (17hrs) and now onto Challenge mode, it’s a fantastic game full of humour and amazing production values. Putting a 60fps patch out for this and giving it a way free was a great move prior to Rift Apart as they’ve now secured me and I’m sure many others as a new fan of the series.

• 2 weeks later...

I want a PS5 for this game alone. I love the R&C games, and I love 'em because they're made with clear love for their characters. 

God knows when I'll actually get around to buying one anytime soon, but it's good to know that it'll be there waiting whenever I do somehow manage to pick one up.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Returnal isn't for me sadly, but I'm hoping to rinse NieR before this hits. The remake of 1 was a lot of fun, do really looking forward to this one!

I’ve only just played the remake on PS5 and it was brilliant, much better than I thought it would be. The graphics, voice acting etc. all top notch, like playing a cartoon. Really looking forward to this.

Composer of Thor Ragnarok, Wes Anderson flicks, Rugrats and more.

The song we chose for the trailer has special meaning beyond just being a great, exciting track. It is from the (Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame nominated) band DEVO, a personal favorite of mine, but, some would say more importantly, the band that the incomparable Mark Mothersbaugh co-founded. I’m excited to announce that Mark is the Composer of the Rift Apart soundtrack! Beyond his work in DEVO, you’ve likely heard his compositions across the years whether it was in the original three Crash Bandicoot and Jak & Daxter games, as well as animated series like Rugrats, and the blockbuster film: Thor Ragnarok. We are so thrilled to be collaborating with Mark and cannot wait for you to hear the incredible score he’s come up with.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/26/meet-rivet-the-mysterious-new-protagonist-in-ratchet--clank-rift-apart/

On 18/04/2021 at 11:02, scoobysi said:

I’ve just finished my first play through of R&C on PS4 (17hrs) and now onto Challenge mode, it’s a fantastic game full of humour and amazing production values. Putting a 60fps patch out for this and giving it a way free was a great move prior to Rift Apart as they’ve now secured me and I’m sure many others as a new fan of the series.

I, too, had never actually played one of the games. I had watched my girlfriend play them, pretty much all of them, so knew they were good, but never really felt the need to play it myself. Play at Home did that for me, and made me realise that when I'm able to find a PS5 I can buy in about 4 years time, there will at least be 1 game worth getting it for.